Page 443 of 470 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

I saw a very nice black Mazda RX-7 the other day. It was completely stock, like a flashback to the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Just saw and drove a 2012 Audi TTrs... love it! Very impressive performance, the sound harkens back to the Ur-Quattro turbo coupe.
    You.... You drove a new car?

And you liked it!?!?

For shame!

Just saw what I think is a yellow Caterham 7 on my lunch break. Old guy steezin', driving down the Costco parking area about to exit.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Just saw and drove a 2012 Audi TTrs... love it! Very impressive performance, the sound harkens back to the Ur-Quattro turbo coupe.
    TT-RS is an awesome car....lurid slide lover can bash it for "understeery FWD/AWD handling" all they want, its a pretty amazing tool to go fast....

The detailing on the car is pretty special. 2 piece rotor, massive brake, that inline 5 motor...its just a quick car...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    You.... You drove a new car?

And you liked it!?!?

For shame!
    Hey, there are a few new cars I like, just not enough to make payments on!

Yesh... these are awesome for all the reasons RM states! Blistering acceleration and those big floating discs can reverse that condition NOW. Dropped the hammer from a light on a downtown street and was past 90 in less than two blocks... the pull is stupifying, must have been well under 6 seconds. That was the first test of the brakes, mainly outta shock as I hadn't expected it to be that quick. The 6-speed gearbox is very nice: smooth and direct, clutch take up as well. Seriously though, it's that SOUND... took me back to the '80s. Nothing else has the groaning wail of an Audi I-5 turbo. Glorious.

The interior is greatly improved over the last gen TT, but my right leg against the console got uncomfortable after awhile. Overall ergonomics are excellent, just not perfect for my height. And like every Audi I've owned or driven, steering is numb on center with insufficient feedback until pushing near cornering limits... or rather, understeering limits. Simply a fact with these drivetrains. It's something I got used to in my S8 and Allroad, would be willing to do so in this. It's road manners are impeccable with a comfortable ride, even when pushed. The price sure seems reasonable for what feels like a Porsche turbo with the drivetrain reversed.

Next week, I get to drive the new Mercedes SLS. Will take pics and maybe remember to stick the vid camera somewhere. Should be fun!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Hi Folks,

Newbie here.

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    We went to Fairy Meadow for Castagne Day yesterday. It is an event that is supposedly centred around the traditional roasting of chestnuts, but it seemed that the chestnuts took a back seat to what was more like a school fete. The stalls (and rides for the children) were good and I spent a bit of money at the stalls, but we had to ask where the chestnuts were - turned out they were being roasted in drums over a wood fire but in the car park around the back of the main building. They were $12 a bag and they were the best chestnuts I've ever tasted. There was also a car show. I didn't count, but there were probably about twenty or so cars there - mostly Fiats or Alfa Romeos, but there were a couple of Maseratis.

There were quite a few old cars about that day too. Looked like the Corvette club was doing something around Kiama - I saw three of them on the road to the blowhole. There was an early Ford Falcon ute parked there and, on the way back we were driving behind a Ford Capri for a while - the first English Capri that is (the one with the bent over tailfins). We also saw a 1950s(?) streamlined coach heading south.

There were a few other interesting cars that we saw, but I can't remember what they were.

And, getting away from interesting cars for a moment, there seem to be an awful lot of Hyundai Excels south of Wollongong....

csl177- the TT does look like a real nice car. I still can't get over the fact that it's based on a Golf platform, but I guess it's just so well engineered. Is it a gated shifter? I really like that in the R8.

To be honest, the Integra was based off the Civic platform, and the Type R variant was awesome too.

You're right, inline 5's sound weird- the TL sounds like a bunch of bolts rattling in a metal bucket, especially at idle.

FranFran- what is that green and white two tone car?

Looks like an awesome event. If I'm lucky, I might be able to catch the Italian car meet this fall at my university.

I like local car meets more than new auto shows. If you follow automotive news there really aren't any surprises to see.

But at the old shows, someone might bring something rare or different, it's always nice.

I saw my first Jaguar E-Type at a local meet and went bonkers for it. The owner was pleasantly surprised that I knew what it even was.

I5s sound awesome at full bore. It's a shame that Volvo are dropping them.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    csl177- the TT does look like a real nice car. I still can't get over the fact that it's based on a Golf platform, but I guess it's just so well engineered. Is it a gated shifter? I really like that in the R8.
    To be fair the TT is actually quite an evolution from a regular Golf, more aluminum parts and better geometry...The RS is just the most extreme variant of it....

Next gen should be even better though, with the cars are set to lose 2-300 lbs all across the MQB range(all the transverse engine VAG car)...

Some pics are added to my Cars and Coffee album on my Picasa:

Photos - Google+
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I hear you, NSX... but it sure doesn't feel like it's based on a Golf. If they lighten this thing further as RM suggests, wow.

Nice pics, Fran Fran... digging the stepnose Alfa and the little yellow Fiat Giardiniera 500. Neat 500 Topolino (green & white) too, though not as pretty as the pre-war version. Both were built until the replacement Nuova 500/600 came out in 1955. Don't see Fiat 1100's often either. All of these were Fiat's pedestrian bread & butter for a decade, so it's cool there were so many in one place... must be an active club where you are.

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    The car display was a surprise for me - we weren't expecting anything like that. I have no idea what car club (or maybe clubs) were involved. It's not exactly local to me though - it was at Fairy Meadow, which is just outside Wollongong and we're in Western Sydney - it took about an hour and a half to get there. We just went there for some freshly roasted chestnuts and to see whatever else was on offer. It's an annual event organised by an Italian social club, which is why the car display was all Italian cars. There were some new Fiats and Alfa Romeos on display too. We headed down to Kiama afterwards - always a nice place to visit....

This is going to sound fake.

So just driving around for work I saw these cars yesterday: a Turbo S 918 Spyder Edition (on Browns Line of all places - got a photo on my crappy phone), a Mitsubishi 3000GT (rare here), two late 80s/early 90s Rollers (at dealers), a first gen Buick Riviera, a Lotus Elise on the Gardiner, a DB7 at a dealer, a first gen Camaro SS, a TR6, and a Gallardo LP560 beside an Etobicoke ice cream institution...

and these today: MG X 2, a Tesla Roadster, a QP (also common enough), a Continental (litter in Toronto), an SLS, an SLS Roadster (seen quite a few SLSs) a few cars back of a Vantage Roadster on the Gardiner, a new M6, and the glimpse of the back of a modern Aston I could not ID as they all look alike.

Recession? Some in Toronto seem to be doing rather well for themselves.

EDIT: An SL 65 I am very sure today as well... Could have been a 55, but I think I caught 65 on the badge. Those are very rare - 55s are around, but I have only seen maybe 5 65s in my life.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 05-24-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Totally fake. Everyone knows Gallardo owners only eat gelato.

Totally fake. Everyone knows Gallardo owners only eat gelato.
    To be fair, the driver did not stop at said location.

They drove past it and their loud exhausts reverberated down the street.

There is another Etobicoke (bonus points for correctly pronouncing my hometown's name) culinary institution across the street that is an Italian restaurant however.

The Lamborghini driver continued onward though, probably to from whence it came (Yorkville).

Thread Information