Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First car you got and how u got it

First car you got and how u got it

iono if this is a repost cause i just joined, but i am tryin 2 get my first car, i was wondering what were you guys first cars and how you got to acquire them.

I have a Scion xB as my first car and I got it through my parents, they took the money out of my college fund. But when I turn 18 (in a couple months) that money will be mine so I guess really I paid for it.

1953 Chevy Bel Air. It belonged to my grandparents and had been sitting in their yard for several years slowly rotting (this was in 1968). When I got my license, they told me that if I could get it running, it was mine. So about a month later and a hundred dollars or so in parts, I had my first car. It was a real POS but I couldn't have been any more proud.

'04 Dodge Dakota, I got it through my dad, I have to let my sister use it when she wants cause her audi's went to crap and my dad sold them. I have the MG's too, which my dad bought me.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

84 chevy caprice estate, absolute piece of junk. got it from my parent who got it from their parents. It was an awful car in even worse condition.

1974 Porsche 914. Cool when it worked, but that was pretty rare.

I got it using money, if that's what you're asking. I got the money by working hard.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 07-14-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orefus
    iono if this is a repost cause i just joined, but i am tryin 2 get my first car, i was wondering what were you guys first cars and how you got to acquire them.
    this is the 4th same topic thread in the same day

PLZ MAN STOP IT

got my '01 BMW 330Ci last november and I don't have my license yet so I could only drive it around my area. Im going to get my license on the 24th of August, 05. My dad bought the car for me.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

I recieved a 3000GT VR-4 from my uncle who actually used some of the money my parents had left me.

Loved that car, and never wanted to mod it. Unfornately, an Explorer being driven by a girl with a new license and her mother backed into it, and pushed the back tire on the hood, along with a cracked windsheild.

Months afterward, a 3000GT Spyder popped up for $22K at a Mitsu. dealer. I think I should have gotten it, but didn't feel good about the car.

Sold 3 days before I finally decided to get it.

my first car is the current one i have, brought it after settled a large exporting contract
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

My first car was a 88 Polo II GT Coupe.
    "Shields up! Rrrrred alert!"
    http://nerys.has-no-homepage.net/

When I got my driving license I started to drive an old Renault 18 Turbo my father had in the garage. I was allready used to the car, so it was a very nice start.
    After few months I started working and couldn't live with 14lts of gas every 100kms.
    So I started using an old Opel Kaddett Van 1.7d with ony 2 seats. It was white and slow but very strong and reliable for a car with 600.000 kms. It was the reason of laugh for most of my friends and co-workers. And I loved it for that. I usually drove it very hard and never had any bad surprise except for one day when oversteering got harder than what I sould handle and it only stopped against a wall. Of my neighbour and godfather's house, btw.
    One day I had to buy myself a car and leave my father's tired ones alone. And I probably made a mistake when I decided to spend 15.000 on Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI. I could have bought an old BMW or somethign like that, have more fun and spend less money. But this was 5 years back. I was a stupid kid.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I usually drove it very hard and never had any bad surprise except for one day when oversteering got harder than what I sould handle and it only stopped against a wall. Of my neighbour and godfather's house, btw.

Oversteer? Did you lift?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Oversteer? Did you lift?

I went stupidly fast over a very dirty corner.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Where does the Fiat come into this? Does your dad own it?

Thread Information