Page 415 of 536 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    lol @ Rob's Ferrari Pumas

man there'd be SOOOO much ridicule in the pit at our track if I turned up with those.
    bad enough I wear an ex-Arrows F1 pair
    i have a pair of puma driving shoes. perfect when in car, rubbish for walking or anything else you would want to do in a pair of shoes. looked at the ferrari ones, but yeah, wouldn't be caught dead in these unless i was getting out of a ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Those sorts of shoes are epically comfortable, but I'd never buy a Car branded pair.
    this.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I think Desmo has nice shoes. I've seen a pair of Puma's with BMW logo on it. I'm a sucker for that kinda of stuff. I have at least 12 or 13 pairs of shoes at home. I'm still trying to find a pair of womens size 6 shoes with the Goodyear on it. I'm a Addidas girl. And, Desmo, there are a pair of Puma's (I think) with Ducatti on it. I seen it at Footlocker.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    wouldn't be caught dead in these unless i was getting out of a ferrari.
    Are you that worried what people are going to think of you?

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Are you that worried what people are going to think of you?
    a majority of the time, no. but i think that ferrari branded clothing on a non-ferrari owner is sorta like wearing a fake rolex. trying to look like you're in the upper class without actually being there. i realize that it is possible for the layman to own a ferrari these days, with Mondials and 308s falling into damn near affordability, but i still find is somewhat poseurish.

of course if you are at an F1 race, then it is completely different.

a majority of the time, no. but i think that ferrari branded clothing on a non-ferrari owner is sorta like wearing a fake rolex. trying to look like you're in the upper class without actually being there. i realize that it is possible for the layman to own a ferrari these days, with Mondials and 308s falling into damn near affordability, but i still find is somewhat poseurish.

of course if you are at an F1 race, then it is completely different.
    I'm used to being labelled a poseur lol . Even when I owned the Ducati, sometimes I'd be out riding the scooter for quick errands, but I'd still have the Duc tshirt on. People would love to make snide sarcastic remarks like, "hahaha nice ducati", or "do you actually own one?" or "so where's your bike?" The mentality of those idiots won't take them very far. Bottom line is, people will always have something to judge, because by shitting on someone's success, they feel a little bit less incompetent. I'd rather not let the fear of their thoughts dictate what I wear, in fact I don't even have a fear of their thoughts to begin with, because they're a waste of space. Personally I think the puma shoes are harmless. I mean yea they do have shields on them, but they are small and subtle. Its not the same as buying a Ferrari key off ebay and attaching it to your key ring so that you can pretend at a bar (<--hey thats a damn good idea).

The pumas are damn sexy as a shoe, the shields just add spice

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    There's a school near me. It doesn't mean it's desirable.

Ah, suites are a hit and miss. If your roomates are cool, then that's fine. But you do realize if they're assholes, you live and need to be near them too right?

Is there a living room too?
    Well, this school near me is nationally ranked...

Yeah, most of them seem like nice people - I still haven't talked to my roommate yet. And yes, there is a living room in which fun things will be had.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Its not the same as buying a Ferrari key off ebay and attaching it to your key ring so that you can pretend at a bar (<--hey thats a damn good idea).
    totally a good idea

The pumas are damn sexy as a shoe, the shields just add spice
    agree about the first part. as i said, i have puma driving shoes (which you can find about 200 pages back in this very thread) and i love them for nothing that isn't driving. but my logic is, you can find as good of a puma without the shield, and not have to worry about the silly comments from strangers. although to be honest, i really dont like the ferrari, bmw, or ducati themed pumas.

Edit: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...5-post977.html my shoes. closer to 350 pages back.
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 08-28-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Also, if you take a picture of a gas pump in the US, you will almost certainly be questioned by the station attendants.
    Doubt so, unless the station owner is around. Those employees don't give a s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well, this school near me is nationally ranked...

Yeah, most of them seem like nice people - I still haven't talked to my roommate yet. And yes, there is a living room in which fun things will be had.
    Well that makes things different no?

Anyway, it doesn't matter what school you go to, what matters is what opportunities you take advantage of at the school.

last purchase is going alright. turns out i got the R888's instead and saved a bunch of money.
    also turns out, the RE55S were worth the extra money
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    been looking for a bike pump, ended up with this

$100 from Aldi
    Purchased a 2hp compressor on thursday (impulse buy, shown in the 1st pic) from the local supermarket, but its too big for purpose, which is only for inflating the tyres of my ride-on mower and pushbike. In fact it needed a new airline to fit the presta-type bike valve.

Aldi has an excellent 'no quibble refund' policy, but I thought "what the hell" I'll put it up on our free local internet advert site, for a bit of a price premium over what I paid ... and just see what happens - if it doesn't sell I've still got the 60-day refund policy to fall back on.

Well .. within a few hours of posting my advert I got a call from a cash buyer, who came over ASAP, picked it up, and drove away.

SOLD for $130 !! An item which I'd bought not 48 hours earlier for $100 !! (poor bastard)

So with my $30 profit I lob back to the same supermarket and get this smaller compressor in effect for free and perfect for my application!

Who said life wasn't meant to be easy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Damn goes a 'ring trip
    Cooker stopped working.
    Installed new induction one ... doing my green-bit AND staying geeky

I likes my cooking to be the best Worries me that it's FRENCH

an induction to ehh? never cooked on one. seem interesting though. it would work especially well in my house since we dont have AC. but we also have a gas stove, which is much better for actual cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Damn goes a 'ring trip
    Cooker stopped working.
    Installed new induction one ... doing my green-bit AND staying geeky

I likes my cooking to be the best Worries me that it's FRENCH
    That's pretty slick.

an induction to ehh? never cooked on one. seem interesting though. it would work especially well in my house since we dont have AC. but we also have a gas stove, which is much better for actual cooking.
    Yeah, we're renovating our kitchen, and we had considered one for about half a second and moved on. My dad and I both love to cook and induction just wasn't going to do it for us.

By the way, induction cooking doesn't work with glassware right? You need that metal to conduct that heat stuff, correct?

Thread Information