Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live For Speed - Online Racing Simulator For Pc

Live For Speed - Online Racing Simulator For Pc

www.liveforspeed.com

for those that dunno it!

.amazing physics, accurate SIM, best online racing code ever.
    .demo install is just unzip to desired dir
    .free online play
    .has great support for inputs, from customizable keyboard code, mouse, or wheels and vr googles and head trackin software, 3 monitor support, real 16:9 resz etc etc
    .much much more

its a blast close racing with door to door bangin action on the tracks.
    A BLAST!

forum at http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=205 (over 150.000 posts already)

And S2 is coming...OMG cant wait

more info at :
    www.liveforspeed.com and their forum. 11,210 threads and 142,876 posts...

ps: beware...its like a drug.

Hey kidcodea, you may know me, I'm MGBoy from the RSC LFS Forum

You didn't mention the skinnability of the cars - all the cars can be easily repainted in a program like photoshop.

Here's a few of mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

the best racing simulation game

"Gran Turismo" for life

who agrees with me

the narrow minded agree with u

not that granturismo isnt a mark in gaming art. but coz this is on another level of realism, and we should never limit ourselfes to just one game when there are so many options (at different levels of realism)
    gt has kinda arcadey meet simple sim physics and is lot of fun, but not really that realistic.
    however im a great gt fan and will buy gt4 also.

but it cant match lfs for me, sorry

its another level of control and of driving experience.
    you strip lfs of the gfx and sound and it still rocks. you do the same to gt4 and it doesnt
    got it?

ps: hi mgboy, sorry for the evangelism

new shots of progress. more info at www.liveforspeed.com . preorder is in :P

i think this game looks alot worse then GT4. and i know about GT4 the physics are unbeliveable, perhaps this game's are too. GT4 has a great soundtrack, this looks like it was made in a taiwanese basement (nothing against taiwanese its just a figure of speach). and not to mention the smoke looks like a little kid has just pressed "clouds" in photoshop with a white white base colour. its just not right.

this game may be good. but on PC? no driving game will be good without pressure sensitive buttons....
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

your reply reveals something people in pc simulation scene call, "arcade noobyness"
    no one plays real sims with pads (even though lfs has key code you wouldnt believe) and everyone goes analogue. clutch, brake, accel analogue axis + wheels (momo or brd) with great FF and some with H shifters and analogue handbrakes.

you can get more info on www.bhmotorsports.com or www.rscnet.org

meanwhile, if you have gt4 as your reference for accurate simulation (i own gt4p and gt3 for fun value and art attack in bytes, nothing else) you will be very impressed by what you see in pc realm.
    gt4 isnt worth 10% of what lfs is (and i bought both gts)

it would be nice if in 6 months or 1 year you get back to this thread and look at your reply. im trying to contain myself coz you'de stand no chance on a real sim board
    i hope you take my post as constructuive and please try and browse and get more info before you post what imho is factual nonsense.

ps: you have some very fast aussie servers and drivers and some teams there actually rock. you should check it out at http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=205 and check for more info with your aussie buddies
    Last edited by kidcodea; 06-25-2004 at 05:57 AM.

whiteballz> like one of the lfs devs said "lfs is racing simulator not a car show" - imho the graphics are so great and doesnt need to improve. the physics of this game is for sure much more realistic than grand turismo games. music maybe isnt best but who listens music in racing simulator?

oh and also to mention. lfs is made by 3 devs!!! one for coding, one for gfx and one for sounds + webpage things ... and also the forum/racing community is also very great. some of the lfs players brought this game on cebit and even into tv! he was playing multiplayer race live at tv! this game has changed my life. and thats not joke, thats true.

let me ask you this one question

ok don. does this game let you have a manual transmision with need for a clutch? because if it does, then i may consider going out and "ordering" or w/e this game. i want a manual with need for clutch, clutch to take off, and to change gears. then i will be happy, and if there is damage maybe also. but untill then GT4 will just be th best, always has, always will
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yes it does. You can have autoclutch on. plus u can select autoblip or not.
    if your looking for controlling possibilities you dont need to look further than lfs.

you can try the freedemo (online is free too) from www.liveforspeed.com

ofcourse. manual clutch, h-shifter, analog handbrake,seperated axis etc.

what i really love about lfs is that you can do anything you can do irl - left foot braking, burnout without moving, burnout with moving, donuts, drift, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kidcodea
    yes it does. You can have autoclutch on. plus u can select autoblip or not.
    if your looking for controlling possibilities you dont need to look further than lfs.

you can try the freedemo (online is free too) from www.liveforspeed.com
    Are you affiliated with the developers of this game?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

yes im a regular player, and we are all a family.
    its garage coding, and no marketing exists, its all mouth to mouth based.
    each player spreads the word if he feels like it.
    just sharing the fun here.

getting juicier by the day :P~~~

Thread Information