Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Members Pictures - NO POSTS WITHOUT PHOTOS!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Do you still have your alpine/s?
    yes ... and the Matra.
    Both undergoing extensive restoration -- when I get time to get in to the garage that is
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Most recent Party at my mates place - Bad Hawaiian shirt themed.

I may or may not be intoxicated at this point. All I know is we made a Canadian girl cry because we called her American.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-09-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: deleted spam

Finally got a disc of photos from a friend that covered the Sebring SVRA event. The drive into town.... love this car!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Finally got a disc of photos from a friend that covered the Sebring SVRA event. The drive into town.... love this car!
    nice shot, the yellow indicator on the steering wheel is to tell you when the wheels are straight????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, it's a piece of tape. Pretty common on modern rally wheels, PO installed it.
    Car is under comprehensive resto to 1977 Daytona winning spec.

RSC Photo Gallery - Daytona 24 Hours 1977 - Porsche 911 S no.42 - Racing Sports Cars

Yes, it's a piece of tape. Pretty common on modern rally wheels, PO installed it.
    Car is under comprehensive resto to 1977 Daytona winning spec.

RSC Photo Gallery - Daytona 24 Hours 1977 - Porsche 911 S no.42 - Racing Sports Cars
    so you can help our Czech friend to tell him what the colours of the Daytona car are...(I guess the original chassis number could be found as well somewhere)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

^^^ Please elaborate... Czech friend?

^^^ Please elaborate... Czech friend?
    the owner of the site you linked to...if I am not mistaken he is czech or some other country in that area.

Ahhh! Surely he knows, there are several color pictures of the car on the site. The VIN is known too, don't know why it's not posted there.

Ahhh! Surely he knows, there are several color pictures of the car on the site. The VIN is known too, don't know why it's not posted there.
    well, it seems to me a hell of job to maintain that site, so it is no surprise that not everything is there yet

RSC is a great site I've used over the years for Matra and Alpine race history, especially the less well known events like the BOAC. So much info as you say Pieter, no surprise some bits missing
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    RSC is a great site I've used over the years for Matra and Alpine race history, especially the less well known events like the BOAC. So much info as you say Pieter, no surprise some bits missing
    it is more annoying that most of the times it fails to fully load....

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Along with Ultimate Racing History they're about the only sources available online for more obscure references. Even if one could afford a copy of Time and Two Seats these provide nearly instant access, and deserve what small financial support you can offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is more annoying that most of the times it fails to fully load....
    There is that... a good bet his server isn't a powerhouse.

Along with Ultimate Racing History they're about the only sources available online for more obscure references. Even if one could afford a copy of Time and Two Seats these provide nearly instant access, and deserve what small financial support you can offer.

There is that... a good bet his server isn't a powerhouse.
    we do have the book......

First is me on my way to second at Forrestburn Hilllclimb, part of the Scottish championship

Second is me and sis on the way to Royal Garden Party to meet the Queen and Prince Phillip at Holyrood, Edinburgh. No cameras allowed inside, so this is as good as it gets
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information