0 0%
  • other types (snuff, ect...)

1 1.64%
  • Never or not at all

40 65.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tobacco use...do you use?

Tobacco use...do you use?

what, if any forms of tobacco do you use?

i ocassionally smoke cigarettes or cigars (special occasions or when drinking heavily) and i ocassionally dip (chew) sometimes when having problems studying (helps focus my mind) and when doing outdoor activities like hunting and fishing and sometimes on long road trips.

i probably smoke cigarettes and cigars 5-10 times a year or so and i probably chew 10-40 times a year
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

No, and no.

Not trying to be a sanctimonious, hippie loving, tree hugging, wonder prick but I really can't stand the smoke. Chewing, meh, I don't mind.
    Turning money into memories.

i occasionally smoke cigars, and i have a pipe for when i am at sea or special occasions.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

All my friends started smoking as teenagers - I didn't.

Since in their early 20's all my friends have tried to stop, almost all unsuccessfully. I've heard the "I could stop smoking at anytime, but..." story so many times now.

Fact is, they've blown thousands of € on making their lives worse. Come to think of it, most of them have probably inhaled more € than I spent on my last car... for what?

So, although I enjoy the taste of cigars, I find all (other) sorts of tobacco highly pointless and silly and I've yet to be proven otherwise.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i occasionally smoke cigars, and i have a pipe for when i am at sea or special occasions.
    wouldn't happen to be a corn cob pipe would it?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

nope... sorry. MacArthur I am not.

wooden bent.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    nope... sorry. MacArthur I am not.

wooden bent.
    haha good thing...wouldn't want to confuse a squid like yourself (i guess officers dont count as squids though huh?) with some devil dog

you are still confused. Mac was a soldier not a marine. and i am most definitely a squid.

I do smoke but they just passed the law here in Guatemala that prohibits to smoke in restaurants public places etc so that may lower my smoking habit
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

yeah same as most people i know, cigarettes when drinking, cigars when special, dohka, shisha
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

I am a full time smoker for 7 years now. It has given me nothing more than a big loss of money and health problems. Basically she said if i dont stop, i'll be on oxygen for the rest of my life in about 10 years time. Really scared the shit out of me. Desperately trying to quit now. First attempt of 2009 failed due to me being a weak loser in combination with stressful days. Tomorrow i got plenty of time so im going to the pharmacist and see for nicotine pills or something..

Smoked cigarettes for nearly a decade, but quit 4 years ago. I only tried to quit once. It sounds simple, but the secret is to never have a smoke after you quit. Many people I talked to would quit for a month or more; then think they were strong enough to enjoy a cigarette on special occasions. It might take a month or a year, but this will always lead back to a full time habit.

Drakkie- I used nicotine gum and lozenge to ease my nicotine withdrawals.

I started collecting AutoArt cars when I quit too. My habit was roughly costing the equivalent of 1 model per month. So, I bought 1 model/month for the first 2 years I quit smoking. This may not be your thing, but I'm sure you can finance a cool hobby for what your nicotine addiction is costing.

If quitting is especially hard for you try Nicotrel, it works 100%

I started smoking cigarettes when I was 14 and smoked for 24 years. Tried several times to quit but no luck until our preacher told me that I lacked the willpower to quit smoking.

"Oh yeah, I'll show you!"

Of course that was exactly the reaction she wanted to get and that was what worked. That was 21 years ago and I never smoked again. Now, I can't even imagine smoking. My wife's best friend had smoked her whole life and was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago. She had treatment and was supposed to be better but just last week, she'd gotten pneumonia and went to the hospital and they found a tumor in her other lung. She was full of fight the first time but this discovery seems to have taken all the wind out of her sails.

Folks, if you smoke, you CAN quit. And you SHOULD quit -- if not for yourself, do it for the people you love and who love you.

Never have, never will, and absolutely despise it.

Never have and don't feel the need for now. But you never know.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information