8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 62.50%
  • no

3 37.50%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New racing and exotic based car club

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    aha, so you have done research to see no multi-marque "Performanc car/driver" clubs in your area then good on you and go make one.

We are overflowing with them here
    I'm member of about 8-10 now ( and most of those do charge a tiny annual membership which I do determien I get benefit from )

Anyway, there are gazillion examples of what you want to do offer the net so some googling will find you them, their constitutions, club membership details and legal cover etc for you to learn from. Good luck
    I did look when i came up with this idea. I googled exotic car clubs and also went on dupont registry, they all seem to be by specific manufacturer or by decade for classic cars but nothing exotic and rare sports car specific... If you know of any in the US I wouldnt mind looking at what they have to offer

Welcome to a few years ago.
    Monticello Motor Club
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

looks like a pretty sweet club. I grew up in NY, but unfortunately it would be hard to drive there year round with snow, and the rainy spring season would be out too, so that leaves about 6 months... but it is a cool looking car club

here is an example of a libility waiver i mentioned prevously, just incase anyone was interested in what I was talking about.

Monticello Motor Club Terms and Conditions

I would love to join this club, but unfortunately I don't plan on living anywhere near NY. The weather up there just sucks...

They do winter racing up there with AWD cars too. How can you say the weather sucks? We have track days from may- october there with our customers and its usually great. Usually members have used their days up by the time winter comes around anyways.

Your posts were way to long to read, were you thinking about making your own track for this? MMC probably has over $50 million involved with creating the club/track to where it is now. I think founding members paid $250k-500k. The main permanent structures have yet to be built.
    Last edited by johnnynumfiv; 05-01-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Im sorry about the length of it. yeah i was planning on building a track until i found out how much it costs to lay asphalt! but I lived in NY until i was 27 and I just don't like the weather. the summers don't have enough hot days for my liking and the winters are wet and slushy. I think ill get a place more southern but yeah it is an awesome facility, i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    here is an example of a libility waiver i mentioned prevously, just incase anyone was interested in what I was talking about.

Monticello Motor Club Terms and Conditions

I would love to join this club, but unfortunately I don't plan on living anywhere near NY. The weather up there just sucks...
    That's liability for the use of their website from what I read

Different from track for sure ..... and all liabilities are as solid as their last test in court. As I said a liability waiver does NOT protect you. There are cases of things happening that would not be expected to happen at a controlled motorsport event and that then leading to a claim. We have waivers at EVERY event we do and run ...... AND we have full insurance cover for when the waiver wont cover. You can only do motor events on the cheap for as long as no large cost is incurred .... and then you can lose the house if something untoward happens Seek legal advice, don't just grab internet stuff as above showed that Monticello link is NOT for on track

That is a nice facility and shows every point made so far with your initial idea and if you read http://monticellomotorclub.com/track/safety/ they clearly do the right things to mitigate chances of claims.

Re others in the US I'll leave it to folks there, in Europe if you google ANY race track for driving experience and trackday you will find how lucky we are

EDIT: Was researchign that site ( always wnat places to play when I'm in the US ) and noted THIS ....
    Unfortunately, Monticello Motor Club no longer rents to cars clubs.
    So your "club" idea couldnt' use this facility --- I'll lay any odds because of amateur clubs causing problems over liabilities
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-02-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

EDIT: Was researchign that site ( always wnat places to play when I'm in the US ) and noted THIS ....

So your "club" idea couldnt' use this facility --- I'll lay any odds because of amateur clubs causing problems over liabilities
    I was actually wanting to join their car club... i emailed about pricing for their club packages since i couldn't find the prices on the website.

FastDriver,
    Why not just participate in regular track days? I mean private tracks are a nice idea but they aren't cheap. Since you are talking 10 years out it would probably be best to observe how others do and try to understand why they succeed or fail. I would also make sure you have good knowledge of the market. Don't base your views on incorrect info (like the other thread )

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    FastDriver,
    Why not just participate in regular track days? I mean private tracks are a nice idea but they aren't cheap. Since you are talking 10 years out it would probably be best to observe how others do and try to understand why they succeed or fail. I would also make sure you have good knowledge of the market. Don't base your views on incorrect info (like the other thread )
    look at the post above yours

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    look at the post above yours
    That's hardly extensive research. Again, that seems to match your research into airbags. You need to find out from the participants of these clubs what they like. You need to have demographic info. Heck, you should even have an idea what types of tracks would be fun vs not that fun to drive time and time again.

^^ :whathesaid:

That club are a long term membership.
    You'd be much better enjoying many different tracks than throwing all the eggs in one basket. You can work out ballpark figures from the one price they DO give of "founding member" which looked for a $125K membership and $10k per annum !

You get UNLIMITED laps per year for on the Nordschliefe for $1200 !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    That's hardly extensive research. Again, that seems to match your research into airbags. You need to find out from the participants of these clubs what they like. You need to have demographic info. Heck, you should even have an idea what types of tracks would be fun vs not that fun to drive time and time again.
    Are you serious. I said I would join that club, not make a new car club and join it with my club. just join it on my own... Do you understand the words that are comming out of my mouth!?

^^ :whathesaid:

That club are a long term membership.
    You'd be much better enjoying many different tracks than throwing all the eggs in one basket. You can work out ballpark figures from the one price they DO give of "founding member" which looked for a $125K membership and $10k per annum !

You get UNLIMITED laps per year for on the Nordschliefe for $1200 !!!!!
    Yes that sounds like something I would enjoy, however again like i said, I wouldn't live anywhere near it. hopefully they make more like it around the US, Its a good price for what you get.

^^ I guess being too subtle .... their "silver" level only gives you 15 trackdays.
    You could afford to visit the Nordschleife.
    For "what you get" it's over the top ... unless you own a stable of a dozen performance cars
    Remember for a "normal" sports/performance car it wont do many trackdays without major works needed in service and replacement parts I'll keep banging on you need to do lots more real research of yourself and the marketplace before you risk doing anything silly
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-02-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo

where is Nordshliefe?

Thread Information