Page 433 of 470 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

Porsche Gmünd Coupe, 356A Speedster, 356 S90 Roadster, 356C Coupe, 928S Coupe, W3 Triposto, 959, 911 Carrera RS 2.7, 961, 910/6, 904, 906, 1972 911, 911 GT1/98, & Carrera GT.
    Also, an Allard J2, Hillegass midget racer, Maserati V8RI, Ferrar Bardahl Special, '31 Pierce Arrow, Charles Lindbergh's Franklin Airman etc etc...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Where were you?

We were storm chasin' at the Saratoga Auto Museum.
    It was nice, a lot of the machinery was still hot from Rennsport Reunion.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I saw what I assume was one of these, according to the number plate. I only really saw it from the back. Also an NSX.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I'm back !

Sorry for not posting for a rather long time, but I have just now managed to make my internet work again ._. I have moved to Greifswald in northern germany to study communication sciences, and well, it wasn't that easy -.-
    So why am I posting this in this thread? Because this city is filled with fricken Commodores Since I've arrived here, I have probably seen more than 5 different ones, and the other cars aren't bad either (there are at least 2 Bentleys in my neighborhood o.O + a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Chrysler 300C SRT8).
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Are you at university there? Good to have you back!

Ooh since this thread is back, I recently spotted the SLS AMG press car outside my apartment. It's somewhat interesting as this is a relatively small university town and this is the most boring part of it.

There's also a local guy with a Lotus Cortina, Jaguar Mk.2 sedan, a Fiat 500 variant, and a Mini Cooper (S?) all with what appears to be original patina. I've seen the Jag around town a few times recently. Fittingly, the house is on Mercedes Ave.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Are you at university there? Good to have you back!
    Thanks, I'm happy, too .
    Yes, I am, and my schedule is retardedly busy, but as far I can say it's a pretty cool city for poor students like me I mean the streets have bicycle lanes... what more could I ask for. Unfortunately, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is a pretty dead area when it comes to motorsports, but hey... at least it's not expensive to live here^^. Right now, I'm busy calculating if I could possibly afford a car in the later semesters, but I really can't tell if that'll be the case right now.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    Saw a bright orange (with some bits painted black) mid 1970s two door Ford Falcon GT this morning on the way to work - nothing else of interest to note....

I saw, on Broadway at lunchtime today, Ford Cortina Ghia (the one with the "Coke bottle" profile (metallic brown with a beige vinyl roof) and a Morris Mini Deluxe (pale blue with the paint thinning in spots and surface rust showing) which had a wooden veneer (if somewhat splintered in places) dashboard.

A pair of unregistered brand new B-Class Mercs on the sidewalk of Avinguda Diagonal.

One of them was a B180 CDi manual, the other was on a tow truck and couldn't give it a proper look.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by franfran View Post
    I saw, on Broadway at lunchtime today, Ford Cortina Ghia (the one with the "Coke bottle" profile (metallic brown with a beige vinyl roof) and a Morris Mini Deluxe (pale blue with the paint thinning in spots and surface rust showing) which had a wooden veneer (if somewhat splintered in places) dashboard.
    Finally got around to downloading the photos - I took one of the front of the Mini too, but I accidentally deleted it....

I saw one of those new McLarens last week. Oh and also a beautiful 300SL roadster. Silver with red interior. The girlfriend went nuts when she saw it and ordered me to save up for one (yes, she loves old cars and really wants a 1960ies 911).

I was walking through the school parking lot and saw an old Nissan NX.

The one with the weird removable bed cover so that you could turn it into a small pickup or a small coupe.

Very odd car, with popup headlights too,

A yellow Aston DB4 or 5 with Superleggera on the bonnet, a roll cage, tow points and what looked like a retractable cloth top carved into the roof. It looked like a square of yellow canvas sitting on the roof. It was parked outside the post office.

Edit: Got some pics. Looks like a DB4 of some sort that someone's made into a racer. Any ideas on specifics?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pimento; 11-17-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information