Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most Useless Car?

The Pontiac Aztek and the Isuzu Axiom are both ugly cars, but they were useful. But what was the purpose of the Suzuki X-90??

I'm compelled to nominate the upgraded Henessey Venom GT...

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    This stems from my response to I NEED NAWZZZ's thread "Poll: What do you think is the worst car ever?"

It seems to me that there have been countless threads on here pondering the worst car ever and the answers always vary. Someone will point out a few SUV/crossovers that aren't very good while others point out the terrible junk some of the American manufacturers pumped out in the '70s and '80s.

But to me, personally, useless and worse are two different categories. Useless to mean means it doesn't work as a mode of transportation, whether it be slow, inefficient, redundant to other cars from it's manufacturer, etc. while "worse" condones unreliable, unsafe, uncomfortable, poorly made and/or of generally being of poor quality.

So with this thread I am looking for the former, cars that make no sense whatsoever. Here are a few examples that I believe to kick this off:

-Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Neither an SUV or a sports car.

-Honda CR-Z - Not a very good hybrid or sports car and steals the market from the Civic Hybrid and Insight.

-BMW X6 M - Not good off road and generally just a big gas-guzzling car that again, b/c of it's weight isn't a good sports car either.
    Pontiac Huge Corrt GXP of season 2005 is the worst...Showing a 303-horsepower, 5.3-liter LS4 V8 into the front-drive Huge Corrt was foolish. Having front side wheels broader than the raises was simply ridiculous...
    austin auto repair
    http://carterstrans.com/

I must say, the X6 is horrible, but not as bad as a Chevy SSR. It is basicly a (slow) Hod Rod made to look like a Pickup

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    How about the Smart? Not a whole lot of storage space and hardly as efficient as something of its size should be. Also kind of a strange car to drive.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Smart = very efficient over here . What have they done to it for the US market ??
    Shame they stopped the Brabus Coup eversion it was also great fun
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    For one they have this automated manual transmission...feels strange to drive. Most owners are getting no or little better than they could in a much larger vehicle like a Prius, Hyundai Accent or Mazda2, around 35mpg. Even most of the more conscientions drivers are barely touching 40mpg.
    Last edited by jcp123; 03-20-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Most useless car? That new GT3 with the PDK as standard... God why?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Smart = very efficient over here . What have they done to it for the US market ??
    The Smart is plain awful. And worst of all is that is costs as much as a car; I guess servicing it at Toys'r'us must cheapen the running costs a bit.

The real gem is the iQ. Or any other proper A-segment hatchback really. Or even public transport.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Most useless car? That new GT3 with the PDK as standard... God why?
    The era of proper driver's cars is gone forever. These days even Lotuses are fat.

There two options remaining. Either you buy one of the not-quite-so-good-to-drive dinosaurs (C63 automatically comes to mind) or you go used/classic car/second hand.

That is all there is to be done really before speed and petrol are banned.

Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Off road for sure

Yugo!

Thread Information