Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster (NC) 2005-2014

Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster (NC) 2005-2014

All-New, Third-Generation Mazda MX-5 Roadster to Debut at 2005 Geneva Motor Show

Upgraded and improved Mazda6 to share center stage at annual motor show

Leverkusen, 2nd February 2005. The secret is out: Mazda Motor Corporation will publicly reveal the much anticipated third generation MX-5 roadster at the 75th annual Geneva International Motor Show. The all-new two-seater will be shown for the first time at a VIP event during the evening of February 28 and will make its public debut at a press conference at the Geneva Show on March 1. Detailed information and photos will be made available at that time.

The all-new Mazda MX-5 roadster is just one of the exciting products Mazda has planned for Geneva with the company showcasing its successful line of new-generation Zoom-Zoom vehicles, including a significantly upgraded version of the highly successful Mazda6.

Mazda6 was the company’s first, new-generation Zoom-Zoom product and was launched into global markets in the spring of 2002. Since then, it has won over 100 automotive awards and been a key component of Mazda’s recent global success.

“While we’re excited to finally get the cover off the new MX-5, I think the entire line of Mazda’s new-generation Zoom-Zoom products deserves to be center stage,” said Stephen Odell, senior managing executive officer in charge of Marketing, Sales and Customer Service. “It is particularly gratifying to showcase the upgraded Mazda6 in Europe, where it has been so successful. With the upgrade, we have improved the product in vital areas such as NVH, performance and overall visual appeal.”

In all, the range of modifications will make a great car even better. The exterior design has been upgraded to achieve an even stronger, more athletic road presence. In addition, body rigidity has been improved for better handling and stability; the engines (including the diesel) have been modified and combined with new transmissions to deliver stronger, more environmentally friendly performance; interior quality has been upgraded and better sound insulation added for a quieter ride; the option list has been extended to ensure the popular Mazda6 continues to be a success in Europe, and beyond. Production of the upgraded and improved Mazda6 will begin in the summer of 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shockwaveracing; 02-02-2005 at 04:11 AM.

its gonna be an amazing drive but from that pic it looks like its been designed by a guy who was constipated and rushed the job ...

I think the "face" is going to look very similar to the RX-8.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    its gonna be an amazing drive but from that pic it looks like its been designed by a guy who was constipated and rushed the job ...
    maybe the 56436534 meters of plastic that is covering it might contribute to it's bad looks
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Looks like its got that kinda Shelby-1 hood intake goin on...
    Nothings wrong with it, its better than the olld one from what ive seen.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

The car may look nice but what's up with the guy? It looks like he has no mouth!
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Bingo.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

my two cents..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    my two cents..

I had allready seen this pic and loved it.
    I think the car is good looking. Now far from the cute classic forms of the Elan, but a nice car anyway. It's obviously connected to RX8 but somehow it reminds me of the S2000.
    I just hope it keeps the pure ride of it's previous generations.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

In the first pic they have fashioned a new way to hold the car together. Sellotape.lol. It looks alot better than the last one which IMO was ugly as hell. Not old enough to drive, but heard on numerous t.v shows etc that it is a very good drive. A lot of good influences from the rx-8 look like the have been encorperated into the looks. I would have to see one on the road though
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    that's what i'm thinkin
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    my two cents..
    Looks like its got a bit of a Daihatsu Copen look to it round the back.

Not a bad thing tho, looks good... I would've liked the Ibuki concept tho

The Ibuki was a bit too conciously modernist for the Main American market, but this is still going to be a ripper of a car, it's just going to be an evolution, not a revolution.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    maybe the 56436534 meters of plastic that is covering it might contribute to it's bad looks

i was thinking that too...

Theyve said the next MX-5's gunna return to some of the originals roots as far as looks were concerned, and at the same time theres the talks of component sharing between that and the RX-8 so however it turns out it should be interesting how they juggle the 2
    I am the Stig

Thread Information