Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano 2006-2012

599 God That's Butt-ugly?

It seems that as payback for Hyundai copying a few themes from the 456, Ferrari are now copying the Hyundai Coupe, but with a few more ugly bits thrown in.
    Thanks for all the fish

Yeah, the 599 Tiburon!

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    better ****ing not be...

why not? the GG50 was easily the best Ferrari concept in years, whether it was commisioned by Ferrari or not, it has a similar style to the Rossa Concept especially the front, and that was THE best ferrari concept ever, such a pity that they didn't have th balls to build it...

if ferrari built the GG50 and the 599GTB at the same time i doubt Ferrari would sell many 599's, the GG50 was far more cohesive and would have no doubt looked better in production trim as well...

i just noticed this gap on the butresses at the rear. that is one big panel gap
    Attached Images Attached Images

ferrari is sinking lower and lower and lower....

the rims look like F50 rims just a little fancier if you ask me

and the 3/4 veiw looks like a callway corvette/corvette and the doors/window profile is viperish

UGLY
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

looks ugly imo. but who knows, i might like it someday, just like the f430 at first.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

We will all have to wait until the end of next month, when it will be shown at the Geneva Motorshow. Ferrari in real life tend to look better than on pics (see f.i. the 612)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ferrari maybe missed noticing that the 612 is not selling at all; so they continued in the same direction.
    Makes Nissan proud of their 350Z, having the roofline copied.....

Guess my Maranello will be worth more in the future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fangio
    Ferrari maybe missed noticing that the 612 is not selling at all; so they continued in the same direction.
    Makes Nissan proud of their 350Z, having the roofline copied.....

Guess my Maranello will be worth more in the future!!!
    You have a Maranallo? A 550 or 575?
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    better ****ing not be...
    It's not...D*mn, what's his name? I'm not 100% sure, but I think the designer is Guigaro (sp).

Anyways, that was not endorsed by Ferrari. The designer took a 612 and redisgned it to commemorate 50 years of designing....I'm not 100% sure on the Anniversary date either, but again, it was a designer's car to commemorate the designer's anniversary. Nothing to do with Ferrari.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Ferrari in real life tend to look better than on pics (see f.i. the 612)
    Have you not seen my picture of crowds of people completely ignoring a 612S at a motorshow?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Have you not seen my picture of crowds of people completely ignoring a 612S at a motorshow?
    no...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I guess we'll have to wait for more pictures to judge it fairly. I just don't understand what were they thinking when they took out the 4 tail-light design. Maybe it does look better in reality.

So far, the front has grown on me and doesn't look that bad but the rear...still looks hideous.

EDIT: Pictured: 599 Test Mule...it looks so....incomplete? Like a frog with a huge space between the eyes.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Ferrari 599 GTB #2

Images and text from RSportCars.com

RSportsCars.com Exclusive: The Ferrari 599 Caught During Filming of a Commercial (Published: 2/15/2006)

RSportsCars.com has obtained exclusive images of the new Ferrari 599 GTB and a Ferrari F40, taken during filming of a commercial in Valley of Fire State Park, Las Vegas. The filming was done by a helicopter which followed the two cars as they were driven on a narrow two-lane canyon road at fairly high speeds. The Ferrari's commercial for the 599 is scheduled to be shown in Europe in May or June 2006.

Mike Olivella, who photographed the cars, commented: "At the staging area, they spent the entire time polishing and wiping down both cars. The F40 could blow the 599 away, but the F40 driver was careful to make it look like the 599 was every bit as powerful."

"The 599 had a V-12, 620-horsepower engine, but it was not in the same class as the F40," Mike Olivella continued. "Most of the spectators (the few that were there) commented that the car looked more like a Jaguar than a Ferrari, and were more enthralled by the F40 than the 599."

"The drivers were incredible. I drove the road that they filmed the cars on, and it was a very windy, up and down two-lane road. These guys really opened the cars up and to watch them negotiate the turns and the dips was something to see."
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Ferrari 599 GTB #3
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information