Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excel help needed

For the win = an idiom that has become regular internet parlence for 'good'. Something that is preferable to all else. The long version of the end of my previous post being 'Just to let you know, I'm someone who uses decimal points rather than decimal commas as I prefer them.' That preference is of course brought about by the fact that I was educate with them.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    For the win = an idiom that has become regular internet parlence for 'good'. Something that is preferable to all else. The long version of the end of my previous post being 'Just to let you know, I'm someone who uses decimal points rather than decimal commas as I prefer them.' That preference is of course brought about by the fact that I was educate with them.
    what a relief to read something else than sms language...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I use it purely ironically, then forget that I haven't actually established myself here in such a way that people will know that. Be assured that when I SMS people, I type the words out fully. I do agree that the obfuscation of language can make the discerning of meaning somewhat troublesome at times.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    I do agree that the obfuscation of language can make the discerning of meaning somewhat troublesome at times.
    how adequately put
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    how adequately put
    I try.. sometimes!

Drakkie needs help?!?!

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    The formula should read:

B1 = 0.0425*(1-COS(RADIANS(A1))+0.75*SIN(RADIANS(2*A1)))
    That seems correct. I did it quickly but can't attach the file. PM me your e-mail, you'll have it presto!

I still don't get why r equals 0.45 and lambda/2 is 0.75, but if that is correct you just have to do a column for 1 to 720 (degrees) from A1 to A720, type the function as Alastor put it in B1, and pull it until B720. Then graph with graph wizard.

Wait, now I remember an old trick. Go to Tools, Add Ins, choose Analysis Toolpak and VBA Analysis Toolpak. That should activate functions such as SIN and COS , that otherwise are shut off.

Hope that helps...
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Wait, now I remember an old trick. Go to Tools, Add Ins, choose Analysis Toolpak and VBA Analysis Toolpak. That should activate functions such as SIN and COS , that otherwise are shut off.
    The trigonometric functions (SIN,COS,TAN, ASIN, SINH, etc.) all should be available by default. As well as, functions like RADIANS which converts degrees to radians, or the function DEGREES which does the opposite.

The Analysis ToolPak will make available some more advanced stastical analysis tools. It is defiantly not bad idea to turn them on, because if you need them they are very handy.

Another important add-in is the Solver, which will iteratively vary the input until the desired output is obtained. I use it regularly to solve complex systems of equations and curve fitting.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Thread Information