Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Juke (F15) 2011-

Nissan Juke (F15) 2011-

Related thread Matt's Hi-Res Hideout - Nissan Qazana Concept

NISSAN JUKE
    CROSSTOWN TRAFFIC

Nissan’s position as the pioneer of Crossovers is further strengthened by the arrival of Juke. Part SUV, part sports car, Juke breathes new life into the traditionally conservative B-segment of the market, providing buyers with a funky alternative to the conventional urban hatchback.

Quote:
    "Juke brings a sense of adventure to the car market. It’s light, nimble, urban, reactive: qualities designed to grab a younger audience. It offers something entirely different to the traditional B-segment vehicles and cements Nissan as a car maker prepared to do something different.” Andy Palmer, Senior Vice President, Product Planning, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd

At a glance
    • Compact SUV meets sports car….
    …..to challenge small car traditions
    • Developed from Qazana concept car
    • Tough on the streets…
    • … yet agile and athletic
    • Powerful new turbocharged direct injection petrol engine
    • New torque vectoring all-wheel drive system
    • Technologically advanced information system
    • Conceived in Europe for a global audience
    • Built in Britain at Nissan’s Sunderland plant

Attached Images Attached Images

Nissan Juke #2

cheap jOke....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Am i delusional or is anyone else getting hints of Alfa from the front end?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Am i delusional or is anyone else getting hints of Alfa from the front end?

I was gonna say it's as fugly as the Mito.

Damn I was goin to post it...

I know it's an SUV and everything, but I sort of like it. And if the Qashqai is any indicator it will be a big success.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And if the Qashqai is any indicator it will be a big success.
    Do you really think so?

Maybe in 2011, after the facelift.

RWD > 250hp and it would be badass... in whatever guise it will come to market, crap. looks are okay if unconventional, but then again look at how unconventional the murano looked.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The Murano had a mean streak about it that made it somewhat scary attractive.

This looks like a startled Pokemon with an identity crisis.

Do not want.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Do you really think so?

Maybe in 2011, after the facelift.
    I don't think it's a bad looking thing at all.
    Visca Catalunya!

(Full press relase)

NISSAN JUKE: BRINGING THE SMALL CAR MARKET TO LIFE

Compact SUV meets sports car....
    .....to challenge small car traditions
    To be produced in Europe and Japan
    To be sold globally, including Europe, Japan & US
    Powerful new turbocharged direct-injection gasoline engine
    New torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system
    PARIS, France (Feb 10, 2010) - Nissan today revealed for the first time its all-new small Crossover, Juke.

JUKE

Designed to offer a refreshing alternative for customers who are shopping in the small car segment of the market, but uninspired by the traditional offerings, Juke is a distinctive combination of SUV toughness and sporting style. Juke will inject some much needed masculinity and dynamism into the small car market.

The decision to introduce the industry's fisrst small crossover into the small car market reflects Nissan's philosophy of challenging conventions in Europe.

"In the last five years we have enjoyed significant growth in a crowded European market. This has been achieved by challenging traditional patterns and moving away from the C and D segments. Instead, we have pioneered the introduction of crossovers. We started with Murano and then, in higher volumes, with Qashqai - a car which has far exceeded our expectations. Sales have exceeded half-a-million in Europe in less than 3 years," said Colin Dodge, Executive Vice President.

Juke will be manufactured in Europe at Nissan's factory in Sunderland, England, and in Oppama, Japan. In Europe, its production alongside the Note compact family car and Qashqai crossover is the result of an investment in excess of 60m Euros, which safeguards over 1000 Nissan jobs, and more than 2000 in the supply chain.

Sales of Juke will begin in Japan in the summer, with the European and North American launch beginning in the autumn.

Design
    From a design standpoint, the lower portion of Juke is pure SUV. It combines chunky wheels, wide tyres, extended ground clearance and a robust stance with a top portion that is unadulterated sports car, with a high waistline, slim visor-like side glass graphics and a coupé-style falling roofline. The coupé effect is further underlined by the rear doors which have their handles hidden in the frame of the door.

Inside, the sports car theme continues with a driver-focused cabin dominated by a centre console design inspired by a motorcycle fuel tank. Finished in a distinctive high gloss colour, the 'bike' console adds a sense of fun to the car. Practicality is assured by the rear-opening hatch and versatile luggage area with hidden storage opportunities.

Speaking at the launch, Nissan's Senior Vice President for Design and Chief Creative Officer, Shiro Nakamura, said: "It was our intention to challenge the conventions. I really think Juke will bring something different for customers - something more emotional, energetic, more masculine".

Juke is based on the Renault Nissan Alliance B platform and has a 2530mm wheelbase, is 4135mm long, 1765mm wide and 1570mm tall. On front-wheel drive versions, suspension is by MacPherson struts at the front with a torsion beam at the rear while four-wheel drive models have a multi-link rear suspension modelled on the system found on Qashqai.

The ALL-MODE 4x4-i, is a new development of Nissan's respected electronic all-wheel drive system and now features torque-vectoring technology to enhance agility and reduce understeer when cornering. As well splitting torque front to rear - up to a maximum of 50:50 - it can now be split from side-to-side across the rear axle, too.

Cornering ability is enhanced by sending increased torque to the outside rear wheel, reducing understeer. In total, up to 50% of the total available engine torque can be sent to either rear wheel. The inclusion of this innovation is a first in the small car segment - a technology that has, until now, only been found on top-of-the-range, premium vehicles.

Engines & transmissions
    In Europe, three different engines will be available when sales start later in the year: one diesel and two 1.6-litre petrol units, all fully Euro 5 compliant. At the top of the range is a new turbocharged petrol engine (MR16DDT) with direct injection. The engine is one of the most powerful in its class, developing 140kW (190PS) and 240 Nm. The combination of direct injection with a turbocharger provides the power and responses expected from a 2.5-litre engine with the economy of a smaller engine.

The second petrol engine is a newly developed version from Nissan's trusted HR-family. Designated HR16DE, the lightweight, low-friction 16-valve unit now has a unique dual-injection system allowing finer metering of the fuel sprays for better combustion and develops 86kW (117 PS).

Finally, the K9K 81kW (110PS) 1.5-litre dCI common rail diesel offers excellent driveability - thanks to its heady 240 Nm of torque - with good economy and emissions.

In terms of transmissions, the two-wheel drive turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol engine is available with a six-speed manual transmission.

Nissan's XTRONIC CVT transmission, with a six-speed manual mode, will be available on the range-topping all-wheel-drive version of the turbocharged petrol engine.

The naturally aspirated 1.6-litre petrol is available either with a 5-speed manual or the updated XTRONIC CVT, while the 1.5-litre diesel engine is available with a 6-speed manual.

Equipment
    Lists of standard and optional equipment will be released nearer the on sale date, but expected items such as climate control, leather upholstery, rear view camera and Intelligent Key will all be available to Juke customers along with some more unusual features.

One such is the Nissan Dynamic Control System, a central command and display module which allows the driver to alter dynamic drive settings as well as make changes to more obvious functions such as climate control. The display, meanwhile, shows engine and drive related dials and information.

"At Nissan, we are working hard to bring more value to the brand through great design, quality, and driving pleasure. For me, Juke represents so much of what Nissan is and will reinforce Nissan's position as a global leader of design innovation, but also as the global pioneer in crossovers," said Shiro Nakamura

Engine Power Fuel Drive Transmission
    1.5 dCi 81kW Diesel 2wd 6-speed manual
    1.6i 86kW Petrol 2wd 5-speed manual
    1.6i 86kW Petrol 2wd Updated XTRONIC CVT
    1.6i Turbo 140kW Petrol 2wd 6-speed manual
    1.6i Turbo 140kW Petrol 4wd XTRONIC CVT M6
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan Juke #5
    Visca Catalunya!

BRINGING THE SMALL CAR MARKET TO LIFE????

Absolutely not, this contraption is putting it to rest. It looks at least 300 kgs overweight, they simple lost the perspective of what "small"is.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

frontal styling = Nissan's tribute to Ssangyong?

Can someone shop a Peugeot lion on top of the nissan front logo?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information