Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gordon Murray Design T.25 City Car - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I'm not the least bit impressed with it and I don't want to live in a world or situation where it's necessary.

Furthermore thinking about the time, resources and talent wasted on it is nauseating.
    London, Paris, Rome, Brussels, Amsterdam and quite a few more cities would be the area of operation of such vehicles. Perhaps that it goes beyond your imagination, but traffic there is really different from the wide open plains of the American mid-west.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    London, Paris, Rome, Brussels, Amsterdam and quite a few more cities would be the area of operation of such vehicles. Perhaps that it goes beyond your imagination, but traffic there is really different from the wide open plains of the American mid-west.
    Poor bastards.

And I may add all Italian cities with 200.000 citizens or more.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

are they even going to try and sell them in america? new things tend to scare americans.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Lol. They would work fine in Rome. But honestly, i can't think of many americans buying this. As clutch said, they are likely to look at it, think "wtf?" and walk away to buy something BIIIIG (sory for the stereotypes, but that's pretty much it if you look at the majority).
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Lol. They would work fine in Rome. But honestly, i can't think of many americans buying this. As clutch said, they are likely to look at it, think "wtf?" and walk away to buy something BIIIIG (sory for the stereotypes, but that's pretty much it if you look at the majority).
    That's a fact, not a stereotype. Since when a Toyota Corolla is among the smallest thing you can buy?!

Surprisingly I see plenty of Smart Cars here and I don't live near a huge city.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The car doesn't look that tall, but on the other hand, I see rain as the main issue.

I can suppose it could work as with the Mercedes SLS, the joints are disconnected with pyrotechnic mechanisms (is it English?) and then the door, or canopy in this case, just slides forwards or laterally.
    See the thing is that the Mercedes has those as single doors, but this is a one piece deal. It might make sense to use explosive bolts, but what happens if it stays "stuck"?

And yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    An excellent point.

I think the other problem is that I can't imagine women liking this design, and in that market you have to expect that women are at least 50% of your customers.
    I guess if you do roll over, you unbuckle and you start walking. Eventually you'll roll the car over.

Surprisingly I see plenty of Smart Cars here and I don't live near a huge city.
    That's makes perfectly sense as many Smarts are sold in the countryside over here.

Worth of note is your definition of huge city, compared to ours.
    Like if you watch movies there are characters complaining about the small and boring cities they live in, cities with cinemas, shopping malls and everything else. I went to school (until high school) in a town with 1.500 citizens which couldn't have a grocery store running because it was too small, and I didn't live in the middle of the desert. 20 minutes of drive and I'm in my local "big" town. Kinda different realities I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That's makes perfectly sense as many Smarts are sold in the countryside over here.

Worth of note is your definition of huge city, compared to ours.
    Like if you watch movies there are characters complaining about the small and boring cities they live in, cities with cinemas, shopping malls and everything else. I went to school (until high school) in a town with 1.500 citizens which couldn't have a grocery store running because it was too small, and I didn't live in the middle of the desert. 20 minutes of drive and I'm in my local "big" town. Kinda different realities I mean.
    The city I was referring to is around 156,000 people and not stacked on top of one another by any means.

The city in which I live has 3,000.

I'm in Atlanta quite often which has 4.9 million but it has a pretty adequate mass transit system and big roads....still major congestion, second most in the nation.

The city I was referring to is around 156,000 people and not stacked on top of one another by any means.

The city in which I live has 3,000.

I'm in Atlanta quite often which has 4.9 million but it has a pretty adequate mass transit system and big roads....still major congestion, second most in the nation.
    150.000 people is the typical Italian town, I sed to live near Padua which has about 200.000, while Modena is around 100.000 people, even if official data is closer to 180.000 because of the "metropolitan" area.
    Considering also that part of population, Padua is closer to 400.000 people, but then you'd count in quite more than the actual city.

Anyway, Smarts are all over the place, regardless of traffic.

So just imagine that everybody is using a car of only half the size....Could be easy because it is very rare that you see more than one person in a car....

and mind you, you call congestion getting stuck on six lane motorways, while we struggle in towns with often streets of less than 8-10 feet wide....and not equipped with large areas solely devoted to parking cars....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information