Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bentley Continental GT, Murcielago replacement teaser and 2011 Oreca ...

New Bentley Continental GT, Murcielago replacement teaser and 2011 Oreca ...

British luxury manufacturer Bentley have released the second generation of the Continental GT. Visually it is clearly a development of the original launched in 2003 and it is still powered by the twin-turbo W12 engine. This is now good for a hefty 567 bhp. Next year a more frugal and cleaner 4.0 litre V8 engine will be added to the line-up. Bentley's engineers have worked hard to refine the car and as a result it is quite a bit lighter than the outgoing model. The two-door coupe also features a sophisticated audio system with integrated navigation system. The new Continental GT will make its public debut on September 30th at the Paris Motor Show.
    The Bentley will have to share the limelight with the replacement of the Lamborghini Murcielago. Surprisingly little information has surfaced on the car but the Italian supercar manufacturer is now starting to stir things up by releasing a teaser picture. It is the first of promised six teaser pictures of what Lamborghini describes as the new Supersports Car.
    Following their British rival Lola, the French Oreca have shown the first sketches of their new LMP2 car built to the 'low budget' regulations, which will come into effect in 2011. The Oreca 03 will be available for 345,000 Euro and can accommodate a choice of engines. Penned by David Floury, the exterior follows the successful Oreca 01 design with the exception, of course, of the big fin on the engine cover.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Bentley Continental GT - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Lamborghini Supersports Car - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Oreca 03 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The 4.0 turbo V8 will be Audi sourced? And is it the proposed Audi RS4/S8 engine?
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

That Bentley doesn't look so bad..

runs for cover

It looks like it's had a few facelifts too many.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The details are roughly the same, but the shutlines are better managed. It's still an obese thing, but it's better now.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Oh my gawd. When my brother saw the Lambo Teaser, he went completely MAD. He's a huge fan of Lambos.
    Dunno about the Bentley. The front an improvement (at least in my eyes), but the rear has some bangle-ish design cues to it, especially the trunk lid.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

The only Bentley that should ever be considered is the Mulsanne.

And what's that 4 litre V8 version? What's next a stripped-out lightweight version? Oh wait...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

So in this new further refined version they managed to considerable reduce the weight? All the way down to 5,100lb? Has VW ever heard of aluminium?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Apparently considerably lighter than the original means 30kgs. That's a whole 1.3%!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Apparently considerably lighter than the original means 30kgs. That's a whole 1.3%!
    I've lost more weight than that on the toilet. This is a big part of my problem with the VAG empire recently. So much of their stuff is coming out weighing more than fullsize American pickups.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I've lost more weight than that on the toilet.
    I hope you mean the 1.3% and not the 30kgs.. you might need to see a doctor if it's the latter..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    So in this new further refined version they managed to considerable reduce the weight? All the way down to 5,100lb? Has VW ever heard of aluminium?
    the A8 is taking all the aluminium VAG can get their hands on.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I hope you mean the 1.3% and not the 30kgs.. you might need to see a doctor if it's the latter..
    Well I bought dinner from this roach coach and...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the A8 is taking all the aluminium VAG can get their hands on.
    That's another thing that confuses me about this. I would have assumed that the A8 and the new GT could have shared architecture. Was it a timing issue, or did they just not want to share the platform?
    Big cities suck

Seems like I'm the only one who thinks it looks fantastic! Very well executed in my eyes. I'm only ever going to be looking at it so don't really mind the weight..

The Conti is just a turbocharged Phaeton.

Also, any Bentley that weights under 2 thousand is useless.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information