Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Vs Ruf

Porsche Vs Ruf

This is quite interesting.
    Looking at the specifications, the Porshce Carrera GT should beat the Ruf, but it doesn't...

Carrera GT
    (£323,000)
    V10 5733cc
    604bhp@8000rpm
    435lb ft@5750rpm
    445bhp/ton
    ~1350kg

0-60mph 3.8
    205mph max

Ruf R Turbo
    (£136,900)
    F6 3600cc
    542bhp@6000rpm
    575bhp@4000rpm
    372bhp/ton
    ~1450kg

0-60mph 3.7
    213mph max

I knew the R Turbo was fast, but this just confirms that it is a true supercar killer.

P.S. This isn't supposed to be a direct comparison, merely a means of showing how fast the R Turbo is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-06-2004 at 07:56 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

i think i'de rather have the CGT, anyways.

RUF could win because they are tuned porsches, so they would win, since they are improved.

wow, good thinking on that one, even though a tuned car doesnt mean it's better than it was originally. it's just made to be the way the owner wants it.

and also, the CGT beats the RUF in bhp, but not in torque
    Last edited by Sweeney921; 07-04-2004 at 03:56 PM.

well, they improve it, it looks Beefer and more fierce and has a bit more power in RUF form

Porsche = TURBO

I wouuld go with the RUF becuase it is more practicle and i love to hear the sound the turbos. to me a porsche with no turbos is not a porsche worth knowing about.

Quote Originally Posted by JERNACE
    to me a porsche with no turbos is not a porsche worth knowing about.
    What? You've got a lot to learn, dude... I don't know what to say first

I know that the Ruf is a tuned car, and therefore was always going to be faster than the 996 Turbo, upon which it is based.
    I also knew it was very fast from seeing videos, and hearing from an owner.

What I didn't know was that it is faster and marginally quicker than Porsche's flagship model.

I know it won't handle as well, and it doesn't have the PCCB so it won't stop as well - but that isn't the point I am trying to make.

(I'd probably settle for a R Turbo and save the years of waiting)
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-04-2004 at 06:24 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

re Porsche vs RUF

Of course a RUF is quicker than a "stock" Porsche, I mean you could say the same about a Brabus been quicker than a AMG, a AC Schnitzer vs a M car. Also what makes the RUF cars special in a way, is that RUF generally uses the "narrow" body cars, eg Carrrera/Carrera 4 as there starting point as they generally have a better aerodynamic advantage over the Widebody Porsches, Turbo etc

first of all,that silver ruf isnt the r turbo,thats a normal ruf 996 carrera
    2.r turbo is such a badass car,its top speed is about 350 km/h(or even more)
    i saw in a vid r turbo did beat a brabus sv12(which has more torque and hp) easily,because its light(much lighter than sv12) and its acceleration is very good,i think the serious rival for the r turbo is just the techart gt2
    anyway,i think a ruf carrera gt would be so awesome,but i know this isnt gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by JERNACE
    I wouuld go with the RUF becuase it is more practicle and i love to hear the sound the turbos. to me a porsche with no turbos is not a porsche worth knowing about.
    What about, non-turbo 911's and 356's, etc. These cars are greats in automobile history! Porsche's are more well known for air cooled flat engines, than turbocharged engines.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

RUF's hp figures are underrated too. And AWD+rear engine gets better traction than a mid-engine RWD light car. That's for acceleration.
    As far as top speed goes ... I guess Porsche was more interested into high speed handling (hence lots of downforce) than pure top speed. Or perhaps the V10 has a limited powerband and can't reach 230mph and retain decent rpm drop after each gear change.

All that extra torque does wonders for the skin, gimme an R Turbo, please .
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

I would rather have the Carrera GT than the RUF. Also RUF is making it's own mid-engined supercar. I've seen pictures of it and it looks real cool.

i'd like the CGT tuned by RUF. that way i can have a car with looks & torque.

Thread Information