Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help - life changing decision needed

help - life changing decision needed

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my other half has been having it away with another bloke. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".
    I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my other half, I don't know how to. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.

I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind the A610 that I noticed tarnishing on my alloys.

Should I use an old rag and some autosol, or does it need polishing out with a proper polishing drill?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

First try the autosol, if that doesn't work use the drill.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

i dont know whether to take that seriously or not with the contrast between the last couple of lines and the rest of the post
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i dont know whether to take that seriously or not with the contrast between the last couple of lines and the rest of the post
    Tarnishing on alloys is a very serious matter.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Right ive had a proper look at the post and , im not even gong to say anything.4
    EDIT
    Last edited by UK CARS; 10-27-2004 at 03:43 AM.

sorry guys

If I'd put the smiley on the first post it's humour would have failed.

Seems it maybe has for some already
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Tarnishing on alloys is a very serious matter.
    I'd be led to believe that tarnished alloys are probably the least of Peter's problems at the moment

EDIT: remember the smiley next time Peter
    I am the Stig

I'd be led to believe that tarnished alloys are probably the least of Peter's problems at the moment

EDIT: remember the smiley next time Peter
    Sorry again, fpv, the joke woudl never have worked with a smiley.

Everyone would see the face and know half way thourgh it couldn't be 'real'.
    So for the "punchline" twist to work, the reader needs to be "suckered in" to belieivng it and feeling all those terrible thoughts and then "wham" !!

Best advice to anyeon who doesn't laugh ( or groan ) at the end is to get out and see more stand-up comedy and sit in the front row

maybe i just need to get used to that UK humour
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    hahaha... Matra u bastard... i almost felt sorry for u there! u deserve that tarnishing on ur alloys!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

I must admit, i was believing it at first.
    very good, as ive said before, you are funniest on ucp.
    I did think that wtf would you tell us guys about it, surely it would lower that big man reputation wouldnt it?

^^^^

Got "Suckered"

hehehe classic

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    ^^^^

Got "Suckered"
    Oh shut up,
    i bet everyone who read that first half, would have fallen for it
    Last edited by UK CARS; 10-27-2004 at 03:57 AM.

Once again, im impressed.

Right, who have you got that from??

Thread Information