Thread: All new Audi RS 4 Avant and a Ferrari and Bugatti that starred at Retromobile ...

All new Audi RS 4 Avant and a Ferrari and Bugatti that starred at Retromobile ...

Within a week after unveiling the TT RS plus, Audi have launched another new high performance model; the RS 4 Avant. Based on the current generation A4 Avant, it fills the void left by the previous model that had been discontinued back in 2008. The new RS 4 shares its 450 hp V8 with the two-door RS 5. The power of the naturally aspirated engine is fed to all four wheels through a seven-speed, automatic gearbox. Interested customers do need to be a little patient as the RS 4 Avant won't be available until the fall of this year.
    Earlier this month the annual Retromobile show once again brought together a fabulous collection of classic cars. One of the absolute highlights was this barn-find Ferrari 250 Monza. Originally raced in Italy and South America, it was left to rot in Uruguay until it was eventually discovered in the late 1970s. Since then it has been reunited with its three-litre V12 engine and now awaits a brave new custodian to complete the mother of all restoration. This person also needs deep pockets as the reported asking price for the Pinin Farina bodied 250 Monza is a hefty 5 million Euro.
    Across the isle from the Ferrari, the Bugatti club showed this lovely Type 55 Billeter & Cartier Cabriolet. Quite in contrast, this eight-cylinder marvel had just benefited from a ground-up restoration to its original configuration. It was clothed with this elegant Cabriolet body by a very exclusive, Lyon-based coach builder for its first owner. Today this early Type 55 is part of an impressive Swiss collection.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Audi RS 4 Avant - Images, Specifications and Information

1932 Bugatti Type 55 Billeter & Cartier Cabriolet - Images, Specifications and Information

1954 Ferrari 250 Monza Pinin Farina Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    The Audi comes on as bad (in the good way!) as ever. Wish they'd get rid of that pseudo-racing steering wheel with the squared off bottom though. I do understand that Audi's made a lot of headway in eliminating their understeer. Should be a great drivers' car with wagon practicality. The best of all worlds.

I am loving the Ferrari and Bugatti. I am not used to seeing such a svelte Bugatti - guess I'm used to their big cars.
    Last edited by jcp123; 02-15-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I like the Audi. It's for people who want to go fast, have a family and want to be hated.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

About time the RS4 came out, although as far as time of launch, seems to mirror the previous generation B7 RS4 (released when the E46 M3 was nearing the end of production, and likewise this [B8] RS4 is being released just as the E9x M3 is nearing the end of production).

I'm [safely] assuming if it comes to the US, it will be as a sedan, and that it would most likely only be available with the S-Tronic transmission, just like the RS5 .
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    I'm [safely] assuming if it comes to the US, it will be as a sedan, and that it would most likely only be available with the S-Tronic transmission, just like the RS5 .
    there will be no sedan.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information