Thread: !#*&$%#*&^%#$^%!! Roos!

!#*&$%#*&^%#$^%!! Roos!

Attached Images Attached Images

what happened?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

driving to work at aboyt 615 this morning, coming up a residential street about 2 minutes from my house, saw it hopping along the grass on the side of the road so i slowed, bastard jumped in front of me so i swerved and collected it on the headlight. Not a huge amount of damage, but it might not be worth fixing. Front quarter panel is pushed back and the door catches it, and the front is bent up, corner of the bonnet bent right over, brace across the engine that the radiator bolts to is bent back on one side, and the small strip of metal under the grill/lights and above the bumper is bent under the broken light. My dad is an insurance broker and a former mechanic and he said that something he'd consider writing off at work. Not a lot of damage, but a lot of work to fix, probably need to pull off most of the front end.

We're gonna take it to a panel beater next week. Just forked out nearly $600 for rego

Wait you hit a kangaroo?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

yeah, what'd you think i meant by "!#*&$%#*&^%#$^%!! Roos!"

damn, that sucks major ass.

a roo jumped into my dads old prelude years ago. jumped into the back door. went though the glass into the car.. was about the same time in the morning you hit.. along the mudgee rd (or w/e its called)..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Are there a lot of accidents like that? Like car and deer in this country? I would think roos are smaller though so less damage and less chance of getting killed by one.

Yeah plenty of cases. Roo's are deadly though cause theyre arse heavy...

My brothers collected one on his bike (as opposed to being collected by one) going down to Phillip Island a few years back. I think at the time he'd just repaired the fairing as well..
    I am the Stig

a roo can be quite big, Red Kangaroos out west can be about 2m tall i think, an Eastern Grey like i hit is a bit smaller, about the size of a man. There are tons of accidents with roos, but i've never heard of any fatalities caused directly from the roo itself, like when people hit deer and it comes through the windscreen, but i imagine people have died in crashes involving them. They can trash an enitre car, even a big one like a commodore

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Are there a lot of accidents like that? Like car and deer in this country? I would think roos are smaller though so less damage and less chance of getting killed by one.
    my dad whacked a deer in his truck, bent the front end, broke several lights and scratched up the grill guard, amazingly the deer survived and the truck was repaired
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Did you kill the roo in revenge?

Commiserations

I know how you feel. In the 18 months before January this year, my wife & I hit kangaroos four times! Three high-speed hits including two major repairs (her Ford XF & my previous Merc) and two write-offs (Falcon AGAIN - and my beloved HZ Kingswood, sob)

Your car looks hardly damaged when compared to my wife's XF after she centre-punched a big roo at over 100km/h - pity I can't scan the pics, the front-end stove in so much it looked like she'd hit a telegraph pole
    Last edited by nota; 03-17-2006 at 08:59 PM.

You guys hit kangaroos like I hit squirrels. Only squirrels don't screw your car up... They just get blood on your tires.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Sucks dude. I nearly had the same thing near Bunnings in Tuggeranong (THIS IS LIKE A CITY!!!) and a roo just jumped out from nowhere. The Jeep nearly went End over End trying to stop! AND THEN THE STUPID BEAST JUST STOOD THERE!

Sucks mate, Commiserations.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    I know how you feel. In the 18 months before January this year, my wife & I hit kangaroos four times! Three high-speed hits including two major repairs (her Ford XF & my previous Merc) and two write-offs (Falcon AGAIN - and my beloved HZ Kingswood, sob)
    friend of a friend who lives in Womboin IIRC hit 4 kangaroos, in the same night, in about 20 minutes, THAT sucks, and she only had a Festiva. The operative word being 'had'

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Your car looks hardly damaged when compared to my wife's XF after she centre-punched a big roo at over 100km/h - pity I can't scan the pics, the front-end stove in so much it looked like she'd hit a telegraph pole
    i was braking heavily from 60 so i was lucky i saw it coming

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I nearly had the same thing near Bunnings in Tuggeranong (THIS IS LIKE A CITY!!!) and a roo just jumped out from nowhere. The Jeep nearly went End over End trying to stop! AND THEN THE STUPID BEAST JUST STOOD THERE!
    they are getting really bad everywhere, there's heaps round Russell lately

Thread Information