Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another (Almost) School Shooting

Another (Almost) School Shooting

...This morning at my high school. You gotta love America... I've heard there's been 14 school shootings SINCE the tragedy at Virginia Tech. Looks like these kids want to mimic the fame the shooter there recieved. What a sick world. Here's the story:

Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    (CBS13) SACRAMENTO Police have arrested four minors who they say may have been plotting to shoot students at McClatchy High School.

Sacramento County deputies stopped two youths at the 4th Avenue light rail station at 8:30 a.m. today for alleged fare violation, but they didn't expect to find a loaded handgun and extra ammunition on one of the suspects. The 15-year-old male McClatchy High student was with another suspect who was was carrying several photographs of certain McClatchy High School students. The combination of these factors set off red flags with deputies.

Police immediately pulled all of the students involved in the incident from class as a precaution.

In total, four students were arrested in connection to the discover. The suspect carrying the gun was charged with conspiracy, possession of a concealed weapon, possession of live ammunition as a minor, possession of tobacco as a minor, fare evasion, providing a gun to a minor, and conspiracy to commit an assault with a deadly weapon. The other youths were charged with conspiracy to commit an assault with a deadly weapon.

A press conference will be held tonight at 7:00.
    http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_116205246.html

What do you guys think about the whole deal?
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

that's good they caught before anything happened. last week at my school there was a threat that was written on the wall of a bathroom that said "what happened at Virginia tech is nothing compared to whats going to happen here tomorrow". as a result only 20% of the school came to school the next day. (me being one of the 80% that didn't come) But of course nothing happened just some dump punk rock kid trying to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013 View Post
    that's good they caught before anything happened. last week at my school there was a threat that was written on the wall of a bathroom that said "what happened at Virginia tech is nothing compared to whats going to happen here tomorrow". as a result only 20% of the school came to school the next day. (me being one of the 80% that didn't come) But of course nothing happened just some dump punk rock kid trying to be cool.
    That's so obnoxious. A lot of people feel that the VT shooting shouldn't have had so much publicity for the reason I mentioned above, but personally I don't think that's fair to say. Hindsight bias makes everyone seem like they should anticipate everything, and I don't think it's realistic for 32 people to die without that level of publicity.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

You got to question the mentality of people sometimes. After such destruction and pain the thought of a repeat is just plan insane.
    And people wonder why more and more everyday every year feel life stinks with rubbish like this on our streets.

Next fences armed guards and a 10mile zone away from school zones.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Confusing. Why is there all this need to kill people? I don't get it at all. It's lucky yours was stopped before it happened. I personally think that anyone who's sad, twisted and evil enough to come into a school with a gun and murder several people needs to be ended. Not an argument for the death penalty, just a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Confusing. Why is there all this need to kill people? I don't get it at all.
    Violence creates other violence.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Violence creates other violence.
    God has spoken.

</endthread>

I have to half agree with IWantAnAudiRS6's there, If someone is prepared to take a life once is bad enough and there might be some room for rehabilitation there but multiply lives you got to think are they all there and is there any chance after that they can be rehabilitated??.

There was a near-shooting here at uni on Tuesday, but they apprehended the guy before anything could happen.

It's the inspiration/copycat effect in action. It's like recently two Emo schoolgirls hung themselves in a Forrest. somehow it's all the rage to be self loathing amongst fad driven mindless teenage retards who are biding time at school before they get pregnant or stuck in a dead-end job for the rest of their life.

Come to think of it, if that was my situation i'd be pretty pissed off too. doesn't excuse the behaviour, mind.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

If the girls were doing it for attention or something they didn't take into account when your gone you don't stay around to watch the aftermath, Or pick up the peaces.

I"m sitting down right now watching that silly c**t Ivan malat what a crazed mother ****er he really isn't normal at all he enjoys the kill and at his age you got to say why should tax payers pay out to have scum like this live day 2 day.

I'd prefer to pay for his incarceration that to have him prey on the general public. with any luck the harsh prison system will take care of him for us

The girls were no doubt deluded by the romantic vision that death has conjured within those sorts of sub-cultures. it's seen as a release - as opposed to a hanging death where you feel what little life they may have had slipping away - then crapping your pants and having to have your family pick up the pieces. It's just really, really retarded.

You should here my mum yelling at the TV right now
    Sometimes i think multiply killings could be looked at harder.

Multiple killings are looked at harder - if he was just a single killer he'd be free by now. knowing our all forgiving legal system.

still, he is a right royal toolbag.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva View Post
    That's so obnoxious. A lot of people feel that the VT shooting shouldn't have had so much publicity for the reason I mentioned above, but personally I don't think that's fair to say. Hindsight bias makes everyone seem like they should anticipate everything, and I don't think it's realistic for 32 people to die without that level of publicity.
    well they should cover the news, they just should not of aired anything in his package to nbc. frankly, id prefer no pictures of who did it at all, this is the type of actions we want to discourage so completely black out the person who did it.

and why did the kids who got caught at the train station of pictures of students? I mean if they have specific targets im sure they would know them well enough to not need pictures, afterall they go to the same school and know them enough to single them out.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information