Thread: 06 Flint tC

06 Flint tC

Haven't been on here in forever, figured I am way past due on the pages. Guess its time I got some pictures on here of my Flint Mica Scion tC. Just started doing some little things here and there because I am at piece with my Blazer, it's actually being sold. So far I have hung with some cars that claim to be faster than mine, Si's and Supercharged Cobalts to name a couple. I hate people who talk about tC's being slower than other cars, if you haven't driven one keep your mouth shut. Running high 9's in the 1/8th and low 15's in the 1/4. Would like to get forced induction on this beast of a 2.4 but thats down the road a ways. Few things I have done are simple and mostly for looks, Fujita Cold Air Intake, Fidanza Short Throw, Greddy/Trust Shift Knob, Tinted Tails, Tinted 3rd Brake Light, Tinted Eyelids, CF Badgeless Grill (fake of course), TRD Badges, Painted Calipers, 10000k HID 9006 and 9005's, Xtant 2.2 and MTX 5500 for my beats.. Have a DC Sport Header and Downpipe coming, and a Apexi Cat Back System also along with some 5 spoke polished 18's. As soon as I find tires atleast. Enjoy hopefully, not too sure if anyone around here has one

Those of you worried about me hydrolocking my motor because of my intake, don't worry. AEM abv and filter bag are in the mail.

Is it practical?

I wouldn't call it practical by any means. Hatch room is minimal, box and backpack is about all that fits. As for room "up front" my seat is moved all the way back (I'm 6'2") and the only thing lounging in the back seats in a small infant. If i wanted shopping room and practicality, probably would have bought a mazda

Is it economical?

Definately not. 22mpg is the best I have been able to pull out of it. Motor is oretty large though and the gearing in 5th sucks for cruising.

Is it fun to drive?

Absolutely. Fairly quick and responsive, excessive body roll is my only complaint.

Will it break down all the time?

Very Doubtful. Even though I think overall Toyota reliability is about a 50/50 chance.

Is it easy to park?

Oh yeah

Is it green?

Partially.. Green, Blue, and Grey

Can I afford it?

$200 a month.. definately
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 06-30-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

More pics..

2006 Scion tC..

Nice, even if it's not my cup of tea.

Fiset test please.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

And more pics..

2006 Scion tC..

yeah seriously i took one for a test drive, stick and all and the gearing in 5th was ridiculously high
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Put some new pics when you install the exhaust.

Low 15s, is that stock?

Yes sir.. CAI and short throw. No turbo yet waiting to see if I'm keeping it for sure. Best I have ran is a 15.3 that was with a near perfect reaction time, and some damn quick speed shifting. 15.8 is the worst I ran in the quarter which, if you look up 1/4 mile Scion tC is pretty much what you get base. Only I didn't run 1st to redline I will get pics up after the exhaust, kinda worried about it being too raspy. If it is I'm shipping that shit back.

I would put my time slips on here but all I have is my 1/8th slips. Threw out my 1/4's when I cleaned out the inside of my car. Might run this Friday at a track near my house though, we'll see.

2006 Scion tC..

Looks good man. Not exactly a classic shape IMO but the colour and wheels set it off well. Performance sounds good too and thats the main thing really!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22 View Post
    Yes sir.. CAI and short throw. No turbo yet waiting to see if I'm keeping it for sure. Best I have ran is a 15.3 that was with a near perfect reaction time, and some damn quick speed shifting. 15.8 is the worst I ran in the quarter which, if you look up 1/4 mile Scion tC is pretty much what you get base.
    I'm honestly impressed. Why was the TC TRD Supercharged slower than the Civic Si according to most magazines then? I know it's only a 40hp increase, but still... Considering stock times, a 200hp TC should take care of the Si easily.

Anyway, that's pretty good, maybe a few more mods can put you down in the high 14s

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    those Scions are so awesome. they look good, and are great value for the looks thats for sure. i'd totally buy it. if i had my liscence...
    oh yeah! nice pics of your car. your car is awesome too!!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I'm honestly impressed. Why was the TC TRD Supercharged slower than the Civic Si according to most magazines then? I know it's only a 40hp increase, but still... Considering stock times, a 200hp TC should take care of the Si easily.

Anyway, that's pretty good, maybe a few more mods can put you down in the high 14s
    I have a friends that have turbo cars that beat me by a second in the 1/4 and less than a half a second in the 1/8th. A HHR SS pushing 25psi with a tune and a Laser RS pushing 17psi with nothing but a crushed bov. The TRD supercharger for the tC is honestly a turd and from what I hear maxes at 8.5psi. Like I said I ran with a supercharged Cobalt last saturday and have beat a Mugen Si around the town im from. Now a turbo cobalt thats a different story. Im hoping getting a pnp Unichip programmer for my car then its turbo time for sure, probably a Stage 1 Dezod kit.

HHR runs 14.1's in the 1/4, Laser runs 14.8's. Probably a tenth or so faster now both were running way rich when we ran. Just for an idea of really where I am quickness wise.

Here are the new wheels as soon as I find tires, 18x8. Going to set my car off like a mofo
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 07-01-2009 at 09:43 PM.

2006 Scion tC..

Just found out the wheels are 18x9 +45 offset. Test fitting tomorrow to make sure there are no clearance issues so hopefully I'm good to go. Sticking out and/or rubbing will be a big negative and I won't go through on these. Ill post some pics tomorrow let me know what you guys think maybe?

2006 Scion tC..

Any opinions?

I like them..

2006 Scion tC..

Thread Information