Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble M600

Noble M600

Quote Originally Posted by Autoblog
    We've seen spy shots, spy shots, and more spy shots of Noble's new M600 supercar. Now the British car builder has finally released official images and details of its latest model, complete with a Volvo-based twin-turbo V8 producing 650 horsepower. Pricing is expected to be around £200,000, more than twice that of previous models, and customers waiting on the now-extinct M14 and M15 can request for their deposits to be returned if they don't wish to purchase the new car.

As the high price tag suggests, the M600 brings much more to the table than past Noble models. The car is constructed from a stainless steel tub, tube skeleton and chassis, and carbon fiber body panels for a curb weight of just 2810 lbs. The 4.4L V8 (a first for Noble) has been fitted with twin Garrett turbochargers, and the driver can change between three output settings - 450, 550, or 650 horsepower - with max torque output of 618 lb-ft. Performance will be more than up to supercar standards, with 60 mph reachable in 3.0 seconds flat, 100 mph in 6.5 seconds, and a top speed of 225 mph.

As with past models, Noble aimed to make the M600 a purist driver's car. The traction control system can be completely deactivated, and there is no ESP system or anti-lock brakes. Shifting will be done old school with a 6-speed manual gearbox and no paddle shifters will be offered. The M600 will make its public debut at the Goodwood Revival on September 19-21, but in the meantime you browse the photo gallery below. We'll try and scrounge around to see if we can get some high-res versions.
    Source and Gallery.

Volvo V8.. interesting choice. Cheaper than an Audi one, or easier to turn mid-engined due to its inherent FF intentions? Find out more, tonight.

Haven't heard from Noble for a while. When are they gonna make a completely new car?
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

are they going to export, or stay a UK specific kit car maker forever?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    are they going to export, or stay a UK specific kit car maker forever?
    I've seen a Noble here in the US. I used to see a white one driving around where I used to live.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

I believe someone in the US purchased the rights to make the M12.. but had to sell it as a kit, so there was no engine installed. But I imagine they could sell you that too.

In the US you generally can not sell something like the Noble as an assembled car because it hasn't been emissions or crash certified. However, it can be sold as a kit. In general the safety aspect is somewhat flexible but the EPA generally makes no emissions exceptions. A pity as cars like the Noble are basically an environmental non-issue. A great example of inflexible bureaucrats stifling an industry.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Source and Gallery.

Volvo V8.. interesting choice. Cheaper than an Audi one, or easier to turn mid-engined due to its inherent FF intentions? Find out more, tonight.
    Makes sense if that's the case, though I doubt the Volvo FF transaxle can handle the 600+ lb-ft that this is supposed to make. And if they turned the engine longitudinal(Volvo should be installed transversely), then I don't see the benefit....and I am not too sure about the availability for a transversely mounted transaxle for specialty application such as this.

I guess they are sticking with the Ford theme though, the original Nobel was powered by a Ford V6, now the Volvo V8 found in the XC90 was an evolution of the Taurus SHO V8 from the earlier model...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Volvo V8.. interesting choice.
    Not Volvo, this engine was created by Yamaha, for Volvo

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    I just saw the development mule prowling through it's home town. (No joke, I live a stone's throw away). Sounds pure evil at idle when waiting it's turn at a mini-roundabout. Looks pretty evil in matt black too.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

I think when you buy a Noble in the US, you're buying everything but the engine for about $50k, and from there you can choose the power source...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    I think when you buy a Noble in the US, you're buying everything but the engine for about $50k, and from there you can choose the power source...
    Yep they had a stand a couple yrs ago at the vintage grand prix at watkins glen. They were more than happy to tell you all about the car as long as you signed up to be on their mailing list. I was sneaky and stole a pamphlet when they weren't looking lol

Hi everybody

Hi everybody,
    I am new to this site.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly.
    I would like to say "hi" to all members,Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    Not Volvo, this engine was created by Yamaha, for Volvo
    Well yea, but it's still the Volvo V8.. we don't claim their 5-cyl engines as Porsches..

Quote Originally Posted by sachin20 View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I am new to this site.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly.
    I would like to say "hi" to all members,Welcome to the forum.
    Hello and welcome to UCP! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    Noble haven't been selling cars for close to 4 years now. The rights to the M12/M400 were bought by this company - Rossion – Performance Redefined - and have been sold in the US since 2007 as the 'Rossion Q1'. I'm not sure whether this new car will be sold in the US though.

As for the M600, it's only about 4 years too late and 3x overpriced.

In today's climate and with the massive amount of competition in the £200k-ish market I can't see too many buyers for the car I'm afraid. I'm sure it'll be good to drive and all that jazz, but when you can get any current Ferrari or Lamborghini for less they'll struggle big time, especially with the new Ferrari 458 and the Murcielago's replacement coming in the next few years (not to mention the McLaren P11 and new Lotus Esprit). The M600 doesn't look or sound special enough to command a premium over the 'run of the mill' Ferraris/Lambos like a Zonda or Koeniggseg can. Frankly I think that even at £100k Noble would struggle to find the 50 buyers per year they're looking for. At £200k they'll need a miracle.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information