Thread: Some Images from Hide Out needed in full glory

Some Images from Hide Out needed in full glory

Hi all,

The Hide Out is a great place to share and download pic's, but of course there is a size limit for the pic's. Being a collector though, I would like to have some of the images posted in their full size and quality.

Some of the images in the Hide Out can not be found (anymore) on the Net as well, but maybe lurking on a hard drive in the community here. That's why I would like to ask if someone could help me with these requests. Just PM me if you are willing/able to look for me. And maybe I can help you with something?

You may ask why I do not contact the poster of the images directly. Well, I did in some cases. Sometimes I received a response, sometimes I did'nt. No problem at all, of course nobody is obliged to respond. But instead of 'harassing' people again by PM, I thought I would just make a request.

It would concern the following pictures:

- Dauer EB110 SS press pic's
    - Dauer 962LM press pic's
    - 1987 Ferrari F40 Prototype (post #250)
    - Lamborghini Diablo GT press pic's
    - Lamborghini Diablo VT press pic's posts #1 + #2

Thanks in advance.

What is wrong with the size already posted for those cars, they are all between 1600 to 2500 resolution in width. Some of which i don't recall as a collector myself having seen them any bigger elsewhere.

Sorry but I can't help, anyway, I may be interested as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RSOWNER View Post
    What is wrong with the size already posted for those cars, they are all between 1600 to 2500 resolution in width. Some of which i don't recall as a collector myself having seen them any bigger elsewhere.
    original files may be even larger in resolution, but the main issue is the file size limit, 1 mb, while press shots are generally about 2/3 mb to say the least.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Indeed, i have nearly 100,000 photos in my collection with many photos as high as 5000 resolution width but those are for newer cars. For cars as old as these 1600 width and above i've been hard pressed to find when it comes to original press photos.

Yes, I agree with removing the size limits. There are many pictures I can post up, but I just couldn't find the time to shrink, then upload. Too much trouble. Also, some people, (including myself), in an attempt to make the image smaller, end up making the image quality very low.

Final point about the hide-out is that the index needs updating. Some cars are missing, such as the BMW CS concept.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Yes, I agree with removing the size limits. There are many pictures I can post up, but I just couldn't find the time to shrink, then upload. Too much trouble. Also, some people, (including myself), in an attempt to make the image smaller, end up making the image quality very low.

Final point about the hide-out is that the index needs updating. Some cars are missing, such as the BMW CS concept.
    I believe you can upload images that are larger than the limit. They will be automatically resized.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    original files may be even larger in resolution, but the main issue is the file size limit, 1 mb, while press shots are generally about 2/3 mb to say the least.
    Exactly. Some people may not care about downsized pic's (both size as well as quality), but as it is a hobby I would like to have them in original glory. Sure, most of the pic's can be downloaded from various sources (Hide Out definitely being the very best of them all), but they are all downsizes.

About increasing the Mb/size limit, I guess this is all up to precious bandwidth/server costs. Maybe Wouter can comment on this?

I know I set a bad example by asking this BTW, as I am no supporting member anymore. OK I promise I will make up for that soon

Anyway, thanks for the response so far.

F40 Prototype: No pictures on the press website.

All pictures of the Diablo VT on the Lamborghini press site:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    (33MB Zip-file)

More will follow tomorrow. I'll e-mail Dauer for you tomorrow, press site is offline..

Many thanks for the efforts, but the picture set of those red & yellow VT's are the ones I actually have already. Although they are very nice shots.

I am specifically looking for the silver/black Diablo VT pic's from posts #1 & 2 in the Hide Out. Same goes for the orange GTR, from which I have no pic at all.

The 1987 F40 prototype was auctioned at Legenda & Passione on RM Auctions in 2007, so will probably not appear on press site. Sorry for my unsufficient info.

Dauer pic's would be absolutely great!

Thread Information