Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Gear

Yeh its the same for all the German cars on there though really

thats reminds me, I saw a Cayman which had crashed into a lampost near to where I live today. Rather than a 'coxster' it was actually more of a 'BOXster'. It had crunched up pretty badly
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Ouch. Actually felt a pang in my chest at that. When I saw one... sorry... heard first then saw on the road for the first time, I was so damn high for the rest of the day. Awesome machine.
    Porsche!

Yeh I think its actually pretty good looking actually
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    ^^ I agree with you up to a point. Its lost the objective status it used to give. Now it feels its all about how JC feels while he does the roadtest, if hes in a good mood or not!!

Oh, and its really unfair that JC does all the cool car tests, Hammond gets psycho-cars that he looks tiny compared to, and May gets the Civic. Teach him how to drive, and put him in the new Murci!!!
    James May reviewing a supercar would be hilarious...

About the actual episode, I think I've got mixed feelings for it. Some parts were really good, like the Jaguar XK review, though it felt rushed at the end when comparing with the other contenders, it'd have been much better if Richard and James would have been driving them.

The Z06 review was ok, with some good moments like the sat-nav listing fast food restaurants. And the time wasn't bad at all, it's faster than Pagani Zonda...

The radio bit was hilarious, I was laughing all the time, though it wasn't very much car-related, important when you have a show like Top Gear.

What has gone worse from the previous seasons are the news bits. They used to be very funny, but now they just feel overdone and forced.

And finally where the hell was James May? He didn't do a single review, which is shame because probably out of the three is the best journalist.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I enjoyed the banter in the news. James cracks me up with his comments, funny stuff for ad-lib, all his political jokes!

I was cringing so much on the radio part! Those producers did not look happy! I was quite shocked at Hammond, he's been in the business before, he should know what its like to lose listeners. And he was being one of the worst... playing the stupid jingle during the sport!

A bit obvious, they put all the women near the front of the audience, and relocate the better ones to where the camera will point, but anybody notice the one with the broken arm right behind jeremy during the news? I couldnt figure out why she was standing like that at first, only struck me today when i saw some bits on the repeat.

I personally feel they need to bring back some of the objective comparisons they did in the old old old episodes, like the Lambo Diablo vs Bugatti EB110. They would start with the stats of both, then like they do now, JC could do his typical review, and then to finish use the track for another objective analysis. Would add a bit of balance. Still, it is a very viewable show.
    Porsche!

I like top gear becuz it motoring show but theres humor as well
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by robcooper
    I used to like Top Gear. I love cars, but this car has now been aimed at people who want more fun than more knowledge. Dont get me wrong, its not a crap program, its just that i want to know about cars a nd what they can do, not what people can do to cars.

Rob
    Yep, my feelings exactly, i feel the need for more technical aspects, somtimes it's to "show" for my liking.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

wow, I'm gone a few months and JakG has 2000+ posts.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Biggest hate in this weeks episode:

The woman in the crowd who started talking about the XK being a fraud copy of aston Martin She knew practically nothing about cars and started mouthing off, Top Gear has changed into something completely different now.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Biggest hate in this weeks episode:

The woman in the crowd who started talking about the XK being a fraud copy of aston Martin She knew practically nothing about cars and started mouthing off, Top Gear has changed into something completely different now.
    I wouldnt say its changed,,,she was just stupid! And just wanted to be on TV
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Nah its getting worse.

And the way Jeremy agreed just gives the impression his car knowledge isnt that good either and has just had luck in the world of journalism, now everyone listens to him and takes his name as holy.

I still find him amusing but hmmmmmmmm my repect for him is dieing
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Thread Information