Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to Buy a new car recommendations please!!!!!!!

Exclamation Got to Buy a new car recommendations please!!!!!!!

My 1997 BMW 328IS got warped by a drunk driver. He slammed into my car when i was parked at the curb he was not able to see my car because it is black and he slammed into the back and the car was declared totaled. I need to get another car under 15000 and I want another manual please give me some recommendations preferably as fast or faster than my old car!

mini cooper s

Mini Cooper S under 15,000? I think they're a wee bit more expensive.

Get an older Nissan Sentra SE-R, and use the extra cash to modify it.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Not a cooper fan and how fast is the Sentra? I really need help guys please please give me suggestions!!! Nothing too high on insurance either!

For 15k you could get a pretty nice Trans Am... probably a '98-'00 with the Ram Air and WS6 package. I imagine that it probably isn't as nice of a finish inside as the beamer.... but I know they go like hell.. gotta love the LS1.
    Or a Camaro if you like that look better.

Give us a better idea of what you want though.... your needs are kinda vague.
    '94 Intrepid ES (3.3L) :D

Greatness: repeated higher level performances over a long period of time.

Here are some specs on the 1991-1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and some pics too:

Specifications :
    Price Range : $3,000-$7,000

Engine : 4-cylinder, DOHC, front engine FWD
    Displacement : 1,975 cc
    Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Transmission : 5-spd manual, 4-spd automatic
    Fuel economy : city - 24 mpg (manual), 23 mpg (auto)
    highway - 32 mpg (manual), 30 mpg (auto)

Horsepower : 140 hp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque : 133 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
    0-60 mph : 7.6 sec.

Curb Weight : 2469-2520 lbs
    Overall length : 170.3 in.
    Wheelbase : 95.7 in.
    Overall Width : 65.7 in.
    Height : 53.0 in.

EDIT: Here's some more information for you.

Pros :
    - Great, reliable engine.
    - Interior room of four-door sedan.

Cons :
    - A/C problems expensive to repair.
    - Well-maintained used models may be hard to find.

The Sentra SE-R has had a cult following since its introduction in 1991. It was a quick car in its time, and is still popular today as a base for building a competent road race car on a low budget.

This two-door coupe rides on the same B13 platform as its economy four-door sedan siblings, but in its engine bay beats a 140 hp naturally-aspirated powerhouse enough to propel the car to 60 under 7 seconds if driven aggressively. If you are into modifying cars, power can easily be boosted using various bolt-on performance parts widely available. Four-wheel disc brakes are standard, although ABS is not offered. The car can rev right up to a limited 7500 rpm and post sub-16 second quarter-mile times similar to that of the new, more powerful 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V. In other words, it is the perfect "sleeper", capable of drag-strip duty and haul four of your friends at the same time. The boxy styling received a mild makeover in '93, namely new tail-lights, along with driver-side airbag.

The car is very reliable, but reported problems include fuel pump failure and trouble with the air-conditioning. Repairing the A/C can be expensive. Also, the A/C uses old R-12 refrigerant, which would be costly to replace since all manufacturers have switched to R-134A now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrari Tifosi; 08-11-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Well new then how about a corolla or a scion TC?

Check out the T/A... I love the look, because there is nothing else that looks like it... plus it's got tire melting performance right out of the box

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ar.mv&num=1151
    '94 Intrepid ES (3.3L) :D

Greatness: repeated higher level performances over a long period of time.

Would you consider using those $15,000.00 as down payment on a new car? That way besides getting a car you like, you'd also have the benefit of the factory warenty.

Taz.

PS. So sorry to hear about your BMW
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 08-11-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Have you considered the Lexus IS300 should have no problem with reliability either.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

second hand Subaru Impretza, i have seen them go for less than £8000 for a turbo one you can get a real decent one for £15000
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Here is the link to Motor Trend's online buyers guide. It has specs and prices on new and used cars. Hope it helps.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

i am not familiar with the american car market, but how about an Audi A3 ?new or used.

PS:when the dealer says :you can have it for xx then say, including a new stereo !!always let them do something about the price , cos here they always sell the cars over their true value.my dad always talks thousands of euros of a car!!!I think that can be done in the US too offcourse.Good Luck finding a new car, and when you found one , have plenty of nice miles with it.As long as you dont meet a drunk driver
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-12-2004 at 01:11 AM.

That Sentra SE-R is an awesome choice. Early '90s 318is is roughly equivalent, if you must have European. An E30 M3 is a step up from the Sentra SE-R in terms of performance (but so are servicing and parts costs). $15K should find you a nice one, if you're patient. Can probably find a decent E36 M3 for that price as well.

Talking

Yeah i really loved my old BMW I must buy another one! Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Thread Information