Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat 500 (312) 2007-2020

Here are some more pics to complete the ones from Duell. Sorry for the "mood" pics as the hue seems a bit strange...
    Attached Images Attached Images

its eaisly my favourite of the modern small cars

if i had the money id be buying an Arbarth new on release day

to be honest, it's quite common here in italy, too much, and i am not a fan of it. it is simply a small city car, up to know it isn't revolutionary as its predecessor. i am waiting for the new two cylinders engine, that's going to be very interesting. while the new 500 abarth it's more peculiar, i like it, but it's another whole story...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    to be honest, it's quite common here in italy, too much, and i am not a fan of it. it is simply a small city car, up to know it isn't revolutionary as its predecessor. i am waiting for the new two cylinders engine, that's going to be very interesting. while the new 500 abarth it's more peculiar, i like it, but it's another whole story...
    I have to agree. Sure it's good looking, has a nice interior, decent engines and is well priced. But I can't quite understand all the fuss about it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I have to agree. Sure it's good looking, has a nice interior, decent engines and is well priced. But I can't quite understand all the fuss about it.
    Sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Sarcasm?
    No no, I was being serious, honestly. I mean I consider the Mazda 2 or the Citroen C1 (and relatives) to be much more interesting cars and yet they don't have half the recognition of the 500. And I personally think it's completely unfair. The 500 is a good car, no denying that, but it's not an outstanding one in my opinion. At least not until the clever 2 cylinder engines are unveiled that is. It might sound harsh, but the Fiat 500 is nothing more than an Italian Mini, and I don't mean that as a good or bad thing it simply is that in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

i think the mazda 2 is still a "quite common" citycar, while the c1-107-aygo are something interesting but only considering the joint venture between the three manufacturers, otherwise they are just three little and cheap cars, but nothing really new. the original smart, or MCC smart, was something new which brings new ideas to the sector, or at least they re-invented some old characteristics. the problem of the smart was, and is, basically the elevated cost. the gearbox's related problems aren't the ones preventing is selling numbers, imo. 75% of customers probably don't even recognize them. then they built the second gen making it more similar to common cars and now the smart it's no more so "smart". imo.

i think the mazda 2 is still a "quite common" citycar, while the c1-107-aygo are something interesting but only considering the joint venture between the three manufacturers, otherwise they are just three little and cheap cars, but nothing really new. the original smart, or MCC smart, was something new which brings new ideas to the sector, or at least they re-invented some old characteristics. the problem of the smart was, and is, basically the elevated cost. the gearbox's related problems aren't the ones preventing is selling numbers, imo. 75% of customers probably don't even recognize them. then they built the second gen making it more similar to common cars and now the smart it's no more so "smart". imo.
    Of course they are common cars, but I personally think that they offer that little something else that the Fiat, at least yet, just doesn't offer. The Mazda 2 represents a change of mentality, instead of supersizing going smaller and lighter. And the triplets (C1/107/Aygo) are light and have a very good three cylinder engine. They are very cheap too. The Fiat simply has none of this.

The Smart on the other hand is just an expensive microcar. For what it costs you could buy a real car. With another approach it may have been a very clever idea, but as is it just doesn't cut the mustard.

On the subject of clever small cars one of my personal favourites is the Mitsubishi i, which unfortunately isn't sold here.
    Visca Catalunya!

Of course they are common cars, but I personally think that they offer that little something else that the Fiat, at least yet, just doesn't offer. The Mazda 2 represents a change of mentality, instead of supersizing going smaller and lighter. And the triplets (C1/107/Aygo) are light and have a very good three cylinder engine. They are very cheap too. The Fiat simply has none of this.
    point, even if they (the triplets) could cost even less, considering this big synergy.

On the subject of clever small cars one of my personal favourites is the Mitsubishi i, which unfortunately isn't sold here.
    two points, this one is even bigger, i really like the mitsu

but i don't think the smart is just an expensive microcar. it has a good security-cell, the engine in the right position, occupying less space, and it's light, even if not much as you could expecting looking at it. it hs two palces, which are the numbers of passengers which are on a car for the most of the time, if not only one. but it happened to have some problems while engineering it, so it costs too much and it doesn't have such a good quality as you could expected from a MB owned car. i would never buy one, but i don't totally dislike it. of course, it could/should be better than what it really is.

15/07/2008

Two hundred exclusive Fiat 500 for the Ferrari sales network

Fiat 500 and Ferrari: two universal motoring icons which represent “Made in Italy”, one cute and the other exclusive. This is why the Maranello House has chosen the Fiat model as its “courtesy car” for its customers, who appreciate Italian style and like unique products. In actual fact, two hundred Fiat 500 have been manufactured exclusively for the Ferrari sales network and will be driving on all of Europe’s roads.

Based on the Sport version and distinguished by the traditional red colour, the two hundred Fiat 500 specials are fitted with the lively 1.4 6v 100 bhp engine and offer specific tuning and exhaust in perfect harmony with the sporty spirit of the “prancing horse”: these two features are designed and made by Magneti Marelli, a leading components company in the Fiat Group which has supplied high-tech parts to Fiat and Ferrari for years. The same sporty theme can also be found in some aesthetic details such as the red calipers, sporty pedal set, special black steering wheel with red stitching and 16” alloy wheels with 195/45 tyres.

Compared to the already richly equipped Sport version, the Fiat 500 customised for Ferrari also has automatic climate control, electric sunroof, prestigious Frau leather interior, hi-fi, fog lights, numbered plate on the dashboard and “Limited Edition” wording on the kick plate. The Ferrari network will thus be able to offer its customers a special car where the choice of every detail is the result of meticulous care and craftsmanship.

With this original initiative, the Fiat 500 model is confirmed both as a real “platform” on which Fiat is creating exclusive limited editions and as a successful car capable of winning over the general public, as demonstrated by the 222 thousand orders so far received.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

I wonder if modern Ferrari owners actually know how to drive a car with a proper gearbox.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wonder if modern Ferrari owners actually know how to drive a car with a proper gearbox.
    "...while renting the Fiat 500 for free, the customer will pay the price of a new clutch of the italian minicar if his Ferrari is equipped with the F1 transmission..."

and then there's a problem: the press release says the 500 has a "6v engine"...

"...while renting the Fiat 500 for free, the customer will pay the price of a new clutch of the italian minicar if his Ferrari is equipped with the F1 transmission..."

and then there's a problem: the press release says the 500 has a "6v engine"...
    They probably meant 16v.

Unless this is a really special edition with 6v, designed to have the sort of reliability Ferrari owners are familiar with.
    Visca Catalunya!

500 By Diesel, press release only in Italian up to now

and moar

500 By Diesel, press release only in Italian up to now
    I doubt it's very relevant to car enthusiasts...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information