Thread: For all the guitar geeks...

For all the guitar geeks...

I said a long time ago that I'd post my new equipement when I got it a couple months ago, and I finally got around to taking some pictures. Here's all the stuff. Basically I spent money on gear one last time fearing that I won't have enough to throw around until I've finished University.

The guitar is a "candy-apple red" Ibanez JS1200. I've never played a guitar which suits me as well as this one does. Mine was set-up by Rich at Ibanezrules.com. Very versatile guitar - the pickups are humbucking but can switch into single coils for a more vintage sound by pulling up on the tone knob. I could go on and on about this guitar; I love it. The pictures don't really do the paint justice.

The Amp is a fully-optioned early 80s Mesa/Boogie MkII C.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahh, so you did end up getting the Mesa amp

Lucky sod!

Looks great man.

Congratulations Egg Nog. I have a Jackson PS4 but I have played many Ibanez guitars.

Also, I love the amp! I have a green Trace Elliott Supertramp (Made in England). I had to pay over a $1000 Australian for it though.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    Congratulations Egg Nog. I have a Jackson PS4 but I have played many Ibanez guitars.

Also, I love the amp! I have a green Trace Elliott Supertramp (Made in England). I had to pay over a $1000 Australian for it though.
    Good stuff. I am definitely not spending any more money on gear for a long time. The guitar ended up costing me about $2000 CAD (about 2200 AUD) after all was included, and the amp I bought for $1100 which was actually a damn good deal considering what they usually go for these days).

That's one helluva gorgeous JS

Instead of buying, I'm selling

This is what I've got my eye on for when the spondulicks make their way back to my pocket...

Or this!

That's a nice guitar. I play a Peavey ex/p through a behringer 30watt 180.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

never much cared for ibanez's but they are pretty.. the amp on the other hand is incredible... definitely jealous

the only regular guitar i have is a taylor acoustic... looking at getting an electric when i get a house. i have 4 electric basses though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    never much cared for ibanez's but they are pretty.. the amp on the other hand is incredible... definitely jealous

the only regular guitar i have is a taylor acoustic... looking at getting an electric when i get a house. i have 4 electric basses though.
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it

I'm not a big fan of Squier strats but I'm not about to say I'm not a Fender fan because of it. The JS1200 is light-years ahead of what you might call an "average" Ibanez. Every review on Harmony Central so far has given it a perfect 10/10 in the "overall" category, with an average of 9.8/10 in the "sound" category.

Then again if you're a hollowbody and acoustic fan only, I can't really hold that against you. Give it a whirl though, I can guarantee you'll be impressed.

i haven't played an ibanez in probably 4 years. value wise, they are through the roof. good price for excellent playability and good sound if you are going for that sound. they're basses were only okay, with the exception of the iceman bass which is legendary.

i like the sound of vintage single coils, usually on a hollow body, with the nice smooth crunch of a fender tube amp. when i get an electric, i will likely get a gretch, or if i can find one of the danelectro re-issues that came out like 10 years ago now. or maybe a fender jaguar. havent really decided, but there's a lot of stuff for me to buy before that point.

i haven't played an ibanez in probably 4 years. value wise, they are through the roof. good price for excellent playability and good sound if you are going for that sound. they're basses were only okay, with the exception of the iceman bass which is legendary.
    Well I guess it's pretty good value, but it doesn't really primarily jump to mind as a "value" guitar considering that I ended up paying $2000 for it after all was said and done. Again, keep in mind that Ibanez is all over the place - this isn't a bottom-of-the-line Korean RG.

2k.. damn... well more power to ya. i am definitely not dedicated anough to pay that much for a guitar. although i thought about it for a long time while looking at a '64 gibson thunderbird.

i am definitely not dedicated anough to pay that much for a guitar. although i thought about it for a long time while looking at a '64 gibson thunderbird.
    Well you definitely have good taste then Cheers man.

They are both smokin. Well done. I have not played one of those but I hear they have sweet necks. I am fangin for a new amp to replace my Marshall Valvestate 50 head. I’m seriously looking at either a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
    ( http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/ ) or a new Marshall JVM
    ( http://www.marshallamps.com/product_...uctCode=JVM410 ) basically for the fact they are valve amps with heaps of switching (even midi) which for the variety of sounds I need are ideal.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    They are both smokin. Well done. I have not played one of those but I hear they have sweet necks. I am fangin for a new amp to replace my Marshall Valvestate 50 head. I’m seriously looking at either a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
    ( http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/ ) or a new Marshall JVM
    ( http://www.marshallamps.com/product_...uctCode=JVM410 ) basically for the fact they are valve amps with heaps of switching (even midi) which for the variety of sounds I need are ideal.
    Nothing says class like a Hughes and Kettner. Very underrated company.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 03-10-2007 at 09:08 PM.

What's that? You want me to play you, do you...?

Ibanez JS1000 BTB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information