Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian dollar = US dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    After investigating further, it seems as though that the European Union appears to have about the same GDP as the United States does. However, the EU is a loose group of associated countries while the US is one nation (I suppose it could be argued that each State in the US has significant power in it's own right however).
    When I made my loose comment I was only looking at the exchange rate, which was introduced as the benchmark for "who is running the show"...I know that macro-economic realities are different.
    But just imagine the price of our (European) oil imports/motorfuels, had the Euro stayed at the same low exchange rate.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Until now, you're winning... except, the Euro is used by 13 countries and 3 other territories, while the Canadian dollar is used by... Canadians.
    PWNED!!!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Canada still sucks.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

its pretty mind boggling when you think that in 2002 the canadian dollar was only .60$US.
    And its not just the canadian economy doing better (allthough it is), its also the US$ losing a lot of ground.

over all, i might be going to the us more often and buying loads of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Canada still sucks.
    be nice or we will stop supplying the ice for your JD on the rocks.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

After investigating further, it seems as though that the European Union appears to have about the same GDP as the United States does.
    It's actually slitghly higher, even in PPP.

However, the EU is a loose group of associated countries while the US is one nation (I suppose it could be argued that each State in the US has significant power in it's own right however).
    It's just a question of time...

By the way, we are far more than a simple group of associated countries :

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The EU has a single market between member states with a common trade policy,[2] a Common Agricultural/Fisheries Policy, and a regional development policy. It introduced a common currency, the euro, which has been adopted by thirteen member states. Since 1993, the EU has developed a Common Foreign and Security Policy, and co-operation in police and judicial matters. Important EU institutions and bodies include the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the European Council, the European Court of Justice and the European Central Bank. Citizens of EU member states are also EU citizens and are allowed to elect the European Parliament directly every five years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 09-21-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Boy this is depressing.

Yeah, the Euro is doing very good too.

Our economy sucks. They should get rid of sub-prime mortgages now.

It doesn't help. I don't see why the government doesn't do anything about it.

The USD is doing poorly only because I haven't been buying many things lately. I am the backbone of the US economy.

well, get to spendin' soon there rocke.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Many local businesses (being located right on the US/CA border) have had the loony at par since July, as an advertising plan to boost sales since many Canadians cross the border for poultry and dairy products anyway. Gas too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Canada still sucks.
    QFMFT. Excluding poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    The USD is doing poorly only because I haven't been buying many things lately. I am the backbone of the US economy.
    With the amount of money I've given your mother over the last decade you could double as the Federal Reserve.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

And in one fell swoop we are closer to our Canuck brethren to the North.

If I was in the car market right now and had decided on what car to buy I would consider driving down to Buffalo and picking up the car there especially if it was a more expensive car. A buddy of mine worked at a Benz dealership this summer and one of the cars he dealt with was an SL 55 from the States that had to be certified here or whatever. I would guess that the owner was clever and bought the car in the States to save money.

If I was in the car market right now and had decided on what car to buy I would consider driving down to Buffalo and picking up the car there especially if it was a more expensive car. A buddy of mine worked at a Benz dealership this summer and one of the cars he dealt with was an SL 55 from the States that had to be certified here or whatever. I would guess that the owner was clever and bought the car in the States to save money.
    We've been doing exactly the same for ages in Europe. With the easy rules between our countries it aint too hard. Polish come buy Dutch cars by the dozen. We buy a lot in Germany (my car also was sold there long ago). The things we build are certified in the UK. Now that's some global trade

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    This is not just pathetic, it is outright dangerous...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    This is not just pathetic, it is outright dangerous...
    Is it true in the comment that he actually only got a C- equivalent ?
    If so, then confirms a lot
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information