Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 270 mph veyron

^ Exactly why Gordon Murray's new little city car thing has the potential to have far greater impact than his long-time-record-holder Mclaren F1 ever could.

It won't come until 2013? It doesn't seem like that extensive of a re-engineering.
    All about the t-tops

i know that the auto express artical was rubish and i don't like the veyron that much, but apparentley they have Already sold over 300 veyron over the past 5 year, (300 coupes, 150 grand sports, 30 super sports) i maybe Wrong but i am only going of auto express.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    i know that the auto express artical was rubish and i don't like the veyron that much, but apparentley they have Already sold over 300 veyron over the past 5 year, (300 coupes, 150 grand sports, 30 super sports) i maybe Wrong but i am only going of auto express.
    Those 300 INCLUDE all the subversions that have been issued over the years.
    At the beginning of this year (2011) total production of ALL versions stood at 260 units.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

that is what i though, this just show what auto express know and how rubish their mag is
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    infomation from auto express
    Whole "story":
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (298.0 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg d.jpg (243.9 KB, 15 views)
    • File Type: jpg e.jpg (267.5 KB, 13 views)

If they make a new one, it seriously needs to lose weight. They need to take the new approach that Lamborghini plans to (faster through lightweight; 1200hp is more than enough).

As for whoever said it will not have the impact of the current Veyron, I agree with you, as that is a very valid point. If a new Veyron is made, it will most likely not have the shock value the current one had in its 2005 introduction.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

True. But I don't think they're going for shock value. Just because a car is no longer devastating to the world of motoring, doesn't mean it shouldn't be built :|
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    If they make a new one, it seriously needs to lose weight. They need to take the new approach that Lamborghini plans to (faster through lightweight; 1200hp is more than enough).

As for whoever said it will not have the impact of the current Veyron, I agree with you, as that is a very valid point. If a new Veyron is made, it will most likely not have the shock value the current one had in its 2005 introduction.
    the weight problem is solved, VW are taking advantage of Lamborghini so the next veyron will be considerably lighter.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah because Lamborghini has been historically known for light weight cars...

For that matter, they have have yet to build a tub car AFAIK, and Veyron actually has a carbon tub....

A 16 cylinder engine with a dozen cooler and 4 turbos are not going to be light to start with, along with the associated hardware that can handle that power in drivetrain and transmission....Veyron can be made lighter if its a much simpler car devoid of all that stuff, but then it wouldn't have been a Veyron...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Lamborghini will help alot i mean look what they Achieved, the Sesto Elemento Concept. 999kg, that an Amazing car. but i think this new veyron will be pointless. like other people have said it will never have the same impact as the first on.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I don't think this new Veyron will be anything.

I think there's a very good chance that the story is a complete fabrication.

The 16C could make it to production.

the SS was already a worthy update

article has to be BS , your not going to get another 12 MPH just by dropping 100 KG
    Last edited by Badsight; 01-12-2011 at 07:08 PM.

2 mph. The SS hit a two way average of 268mph.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    the SS was already a worthy update

article has to be BS , your not going to get another 12 MPH just by dropping 100 KG
    As I understand it (theoretically at least), weight has no bearing on top speed.

The only things that matter at the top are gearing, drag, and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    As I understand it (theoretically at least), weight has no bearing on top speed.

The only things that matter at the top are gearing, drag, and power.
    Mabey not, but it does affect how quickly you get to top speed, and considering high rates of speed require lengthy roads to achieve, their would be a point where it would affect the top speed.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information