Thread: North American International Auto Show day one round-up ...

North American International Auto Show day one round-up ...

This morning the North American International Auto Show opened its doors to 5,000 journalists from around the world. Many of the new cars revealed today were already previewed in the past days and weeks but as always there were some surprises.
    Audi showcased a second e-tron Concept. Unlike the name may suggest, it is not just a refurbished version of the concept of the same name launched at Frankfurt in the fall of last year. The car does feature a similar electric drivetrain that produces a staggering 2650 Nm of torque. The styling has been heavily revised, giving the e-tron a much compacter appearance. Interesting cues include the new tail-lights that have some hints of Aston Martin. Sister company Volkswagen took the wraps of the Compact Coupe Concept. It will most likely enter production as the Jetta Coupe in the near future.
    Various manufacturers launched relatively small concept cars. GMC brought the Granite Concept. The compact four-seater underlines General Motors' new commitment to compact cars. The Michelin Challenge Display features the Nissan Mixim Concept, which combines adventurous design with an electric drivetrain. Among the many styling elements are scissor-doors. The Mixim is only a styling exercise and will not enter production. After releasing some teaser pictures earlier, Toyota have now given full disclosure on the FT-CH Concept. The CH in the name is short for Compact Hybrid. The design was created at Toyota's European styling office.
    Amidst the advanced and green machines there fortunately also was room for a good, old-fashioned muscle car; the SMS Camaro 620. Steve Saleen's new company has taken a base V8 Camaro and bolted on a body-kit and a supercharger. The 'standard' version is good for 575 bhp while the V8 in the 620X will produce a staggering 715 bhp.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Audi e-tron Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 GMC Granite Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2007 Nissan Mixim Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 SMS Camaro 620 - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Toyota FT-CH Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Volkswagen Compact Coupe Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-12-2010 at 02:08 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Small correction, Nissan Mixim was first presented to the public at 2007 Frankfurt Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Small correction, Nissan Mixim was first presented to the public at 2007 Frankfurt Show.
    True, and I even saw this breath taking automobile. Hoewer it makes its first appearance for the US public. Possibly they may also have changed the driveline.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks for the head's up on the Mixim. Can't keep track of all of these concepts. One more:
    2010 Honda CR-Z - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

a bit lame of these Japanese, to recycle concepts....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I guess that this fits well in here.

Chrysler Lancia — Autoblog

WTF.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't take it so personally, Ferrer.

You got the privilege of owning a Chrysler concept car. How cool is that?

The VW will be produced I got confirmed by phone today. Also a hybrid SUV will come to market in the first half of 2010. The TSI engine they mention in the press release is the 1.4L TSI you find in many of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Don't take it so personally, Ferrer.

You got the privilege of owning a Chrysler concept car. How cool is that?
    Wow, I'm taken voer the pizzazz.

If I stick a Chrysler badge in it will reliability magically improve?

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information