Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Not Breaking this one sorry!!!!

I'm out of this until Fleet stops repeating his bad habit of posting other forum comments as "truth" ... we know how that worked out over the "weapons of mass destruction" and all of that proof.

cya all when Fleet goes back in his cage
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I'm out of this until Fleet stops repeating his bad habit of posting other forum comments as "truth" ... we know how that worked out over the "weapons of mass destruction" and all of that proof.

lmao...
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

In other words, you can't accept facts!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    In other words, you can't accept facts!
    Facts are all a matter of interpretation.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Many of you who are just now finding out about Fred Phelps really need to do a little more research and see what he's all about. A lot of the people who want to shut him down are the same people who have supported his cause for more than 50 years.

Phelps and his clan are truly marketing geniuses. It's just too bad they use their skills for evil. For 5 decades they have protested against gays, literally saying they should be given no rights, should be treated like dogs and should be wiped from the face of the earth. They have protested at the funerals of gay men and women, anyone who has died of AIDS and anyone who ever showed support for the gay and HIV+ community. They protest at schools, churches, at weddings and even at children's events. All the time holding signs with inappropriate stick figures having sex (regardless of which sexual preference you associate with, those types of images are inappropriate around children and in public in general) and the word FAG all over them.

So, fast forward to the present. The Phelps' have egregiously exploited the soldiers fighting in a current war to get their message out. They blame our soldiers dying on the growing acceptance of homosexuals in our country. Now, with their protests at soldier's funerals, the nation is up in arms. The hypocrisy is glaringly obvious. Those of you who think it's terrible that they are protesting at soldier's funerals need to realize that for the past 50+ years they have been protesting against every single gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender servicemember who has served in the military.

These people are monsters. Plain and simple. The fact that is has been allowed to continue for 50 years disgusts me. Happily, the attitude of the American public seems to be changing and the Phelps' are going to continually find themselves more isolated and irrelevant as time goes on. Hurrah to the American public (and the legislators) for finally doing something about it. Shame on them for ignoring it for far too long and ignoring an entire generation of gay men and women who have been demonized by this truly abhorrent group of people.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Well said Matt, I couldn't agree more..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    Anti War protest isn't against the troops. It's against the people running the war. I'm against War but not against the troops.
    Yes but it is of vital importance that those who have promoted and are pursuing the war twist the truth so that the mindless masses view any criticism of the war as treasonous criticism of the troops. That way the herd can be led along as long as possible. Much like the vomit inducing rhetorical jingoism contained in Quattromans bilious call to arms.

Ps I don’t understand your hatred for the soldiers in the fifth picture Quattroman??

Pps every one of those pictures of fatigued and despairing soldiers only serves to remind me how criminal the act of sending them there in the first place really was.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Wellwritten Matt.
    A couple of years back the BBC did a documentary on the Phelps, their "church", beliefs and actions.
    No doubt they came across as seriously mentally inadequate and dominated by the father ! Zero credibility over here, but lots of pity for the kids.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm glad Phelps' history has been raised. This sort of behaviour didn't just pop up out of nowhere.

Well said, Matt.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post

Pps every one of those pictures of fatigued and despairing soldiers only serves to remind me how criminal the act of sending them there in the first place really was.
    everyone has their own opinion about the war and i mean any war.You are accusing US of criminal act right?,i disagree with you see what i mean,this doesn't make you right or wrong it is just your opinion.P.S nice to see you again..
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

As someone who is half Lebanese I can say that I can take a perspective which includes both sides of the story (both middle-eastern and western). From this I can say that it has always been quite apparent for a long time that Iraq was not invaded to be liberated. The facts cant be argued with, 300,000 people died under Saddam Hussein throughout 25+ years. However, 1.5million have died in 3 years since thet US invasion. When it comes to the troops, I feel that people, wherever they are in the world, should support their army no matter what the conflict. The people to blame are those who send the army to faraway places to fight a conflict which serves their own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    As someone who is half Lebanese I can say that I can take a perspective which includes both sides of the story (both middle-eastern and western). From this I can say that it has always been quite apparent for a long time that Iraq was not invaded to be liberated. The facts cant be argued with, 300,000 people died under Saddam Hussein throughout 25+ years. However, 1.5million have died in 3 years since thet US invasion. When it comes to the troops, I feel that people, wherever they are in the world, should support their army no matter what the conflict. The people to blame are those who send the army to faraway places to fight a conflict which serves their own ends.
    Where do you get that "1.5 million" figure? It's more like 100,000.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Where do you get that "1.5 million" figure? It's more like 100,000.
    I think it's going to be somewhere in between, and no, not 100,050....

A January report had it at 1million having corrected an earlier 1.2 millions estimate.
    ( So I can imagine a journo "rounding" that to 1.5 for the sensationalism )
    On top of that, they noted they were unable to research in three areas of the country for safety reasons. So maybe the journo just thought they'd add a bit to cover those three areas ?
    However, NO credible figure has listed below 1 million !!!

Now, care to say where the 100,000 figure comes from an how collected ?

Now, care to say where the 100,000 figure comes from an how collected ?
    Probably enemy combatants reported killed.

Thread Information