Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's Genesis

That's Genesis

I'm sorry America, but you just lost one of the unique appeals you had for the automotive enthusiast. The cheap, rear wheel drive, powerful coupe. Because The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is coming to Europe.

Same engines as the USDM Genesis Coupes, 30 grand for the turbo four, and 36 grand for the V6. That makes it cheaper than the Golf GTI, and that's even without taking into account the official discount that will be applied on the car when it goes on sale later this month. With it, the cars will cost 28 and 34 thousand respectively.

With this and the Camaro we are closing the gap with the US in terms of fun cars. Now we only need cheaper fuel prices. Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Now we only need cheaper fuel prices. Or something.
    just put in the 3.0 PSA HDi engine.....275 BHP would do the job nicely and you would burn far less fuel.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Congrats, I guess? Not a fan of the car and we are still lacking most of the hot hatches in Europe...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Already had a chance to sit in a Coupe version in a showroom this autumn and was left quite impressed. It is not the best car in its segment, but surely not the worst and with Hyundai's pricing policies and rather pleasing looks it has good chances. Still haven't seen any on the streets yet, though.

I'm sorry America, but you just lost one of the unique appeals you had for the automotive enthusiast.
    oh no, I am crying so hard boo hoo what are we going to do now...
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

sadly ferrer, your post reminded me that you guys in LHD Europe missed out on all the "fun cars" we were getting courtesy of Vauxhall and Australia
    Monora is still rated by me as the best muscle car I've been in - including state side
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    sadly ferrer, your post reminded me that you guys in LHD Europe missed out on all the "fun cars" we were getting courtesy of Vauxhall and Australia
    You just ruined my day .

I am not sure about how the Genesis will influence our market. I generally hope that as many people as possible buy one so other manufacturers will be forced to produce something equally competative (btw, is the Challenger coming to Europe somewhere in the future? I haven't heard anything about that for quite a while). But really, I don't think that it will have an easy win on the german market where reputation and tradition matter a lot and where many buyers don't care about the price if the car has the right badge on the bonnet.
    Still hoping for a success, though .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Monora is still rated by me as the best muscle car I've been in - including state side
    Dear Matra,

No offense.

I hate you.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Ferrer

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

No disagreement here, the Monaro was a beast some in America wish we got instead of the mostly overweight offerings from Detroit.

Some of us even followed it's exploits in the hands of Gerry Marshall.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I'm sorry America
    and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    No disagreement here, the Monaro was a beast some in America wish we got instead of the mostly overweight offerings from Detroit.

Some of us even followed it's exploits in the hands of Gerry Marshall.
    a shame it was given an inappropriate name.. should have kept the monaro moniker
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I hate you.
    you have already bought great shame to your family
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    the hands of Gerry Marshall.
    one of my heroes The Firenza "Big Bertha" was my poster-on-bedroom-wall as a teenager --- well untill Farrah came along

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkxxpMI__5o[/ame]

^^^^ Q: "why is that car so quick" .... A: "because it's got the biggest driver"
    Leaking oil everywhere and went out and nearly broke the lap record. If F1s could have been super-sized what might have been

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFTBgnCanJo[/ame]

<<< but set aside an hour or two to view all the other links there

( @ 4.30 how a real racing driver handles back markers ... politeness )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-08-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

one of my heroes ^^^^ Q: "why is that car so quick" .... A: "because it's got the biggest driver"
    ( @ 4.30 how a real racing driver handles back markers ... politeness )
    Thanks Matra, those vids are in my YouTube faves... love Gerry's running commentary while describing a lap: "get's very light here, be careful... lovely, lovely." Or "Give us and idea where you're going, mate... just an idea" and taps him. Gentlemanly. He was always something special to watch. Not the tidiest but man, he would push in situations no one else dared. Not to mention the weight he
    gave up to most of his competitors, which nowadays would be impossible. Can you imagine a driver of his size getting signed today?
    The last of his kind really... as drivers got smaller and tires wider.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Indeed, the fact that Honda's gotten quite boring over the last couple of years while Hyundai can still gain market share is worrying to say the least.

Thread Information