Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1957 vs. 2012

1957 vs. 2012

You know by today's standards none of us was supposed to ever make it.
    HIGH S1957 vs. 2012 CHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2012

Scenario 1:
    Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2012 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
    Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2012 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it

Scenario 3:
    Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2012 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalinand prescribed medical marijuana. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
    Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2012 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
    Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school..

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock

2012 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
    Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2012 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
    Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2012 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
    Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2012 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.
    Stupid but true and you Americans will say it is not so. The world is going soft!
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

That is definitely a hyperbole. Maybe in 5 years time that will be true
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    That is definitely a hyperbole. Maybe in 5 years time that will be true
    Thats not what I heard

I won't deny that is happening but at the same time i won't agree that it's happening to that extent. I highly doubt the FBI gets called in whenever a kid plays with firecrackers and what does Aspirin and weapons have anything to do with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I won't deny that is happening but at the same time i won't agree that it's happening to that extent.
    +1

When I was in school I did a how to report. My subject was a Molotov cocktail. I did not bring in physical ingredients. I'm not sure that would be OK today. I also recall the high school kids having rifles for hunting after school. Again, it was OK so long as it stayed in the car.

Thats not what you heard ? From who ? Probably the same people that told me that South Africa is one of the safest countries in the word (one of the highest crime rates) and that the government and police are honorable trustworthy folks (corruption off the charts) Why dont you get on a plane and come visit the USA and see for yourself. Granted, no country is perfect but compared to South Africa, the USA is freaking heaven ... and I should know a bit about what I am saying as I have lived an equal amount of time in both countries.

Well...I dont live in a Nanny State

Nanny state? Remember that the United States is a nation where large numbers of people hold the idea that increasing the tax rates on the 1% is class warfare by the "fascist Marxists" and that socialized health care is something that's so awful and un-American that the best course of action is to just let poor people die because they're poor.

Also, in 1957 you could not question the motives of the nation without being labeled as a "Red Communist" whereas now it's considered the "in" and "patriotic" thing for politicians on the right to publicly trash the head of the nation to his face. The rest of what you said? Parts of it are based on fact, but the vast majority is all lies and damned lies. Trust me on this, I went through the public K-12 system up until a few years ago (graduated).

Besides, the 1800s were 10x better than 1957. Men were men, you didn't have that pansy-ass 300hp V6 with air suspension to take you places; you had to ride a 1-horsepower...horse to go fight a duel with Alexander Hamilton.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Sorry, but I have to agree with the scenarios as written
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    When I was in school I did a how to report. My subject was a Molotov cocktail. I did not bring in physical ingredients. I'm not sure that would be OK today. I also recall the high school kids having rifles for hunting after school. Again, it was OK so long as it stayed in the car.
    Gotta admit too that if a high schooler wrote a report about about a Molotov now-a-days, they would get sent to the counselor but then again mass murderous teenagers are seemingly more common today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Ferio View Post
    Well...I dont live in a Nanny State
    To translate Mr. Mandela; "fight nice children." Every nation needs a "nanny" gov't to keep the peace and at least our civil war was well over 100 yrs ago

Scenario four: The most likely outcome will be that the neighbor will sue Billy's dad until his eventual bankruptcy. ....

Scenario 7: Those were the days where you could kill innocent animals and enjoy it...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Gotta admit too that if a high schooler wrote a report about about a Molotov now-a-days, they would get sent to the counselor but then again mass murderous teenagers are seemingly more common today.

To translate Mr. Mandela; "fight nice children." Every nation needs a "nanny" gov't to keep the peace and at least our civil war was well over 100 yrs ago
    Oh it just absolutely annoys me when foreigners (espacially Americans) speak of South Africa like they actually know what goes on here by only knowing what they see or read on the news.

Actually I was 11 at the time.

Oh it just absolutely annoys me when foreigners (espacially Americans) speak of South Africa like they actually know what goes on here by only knowing what they see or read on the news.
    Of course that is in a sense what your post does to the US

Ok then, enlighten me, how do you fake an apartheid to misconstrue yourself to other nations?

Ok then, enlighten me, how do you fake an apartheid to misconstrue yourself to other nations?

You now what I dont wanna get banned so Im going to leave this right here

Thread Information