Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza STi MY 2008

Subaru Impreza STi MY 2008

New images of the upcoming Subaru STi have surfaced online, revealing the car’s new styling ahead of its debut at the New York Auto Show in April. Key changes for the new model are the introduction of the hatch body-style, and the new front-end styling that forgoes the unpopular airplane inspired grille treatment. All Impreza models, including the STi, will be roughly 130mm shorter than the current sedan, but will be 50mm wider overall.

The new STi will carry over the familiar 2.0L turbocharged boxer engine in most markets, however, the US will likely get a 2.5L version. An all-new 2.5L engine is currently being developed, which will deliver substantially more juice than the 300hp that’s expected from the 2.0L mill. Instead of increasing the top-end power, engineers have focused on improving the power delivery characteristics of the new range. Expect a much flatter torque curve and more oomph lower in the rev range.

Other mechanical changes include some major revisions so the symmetrical AWD system, including a modified Driver’s Control Centre Differential. The new Impreza is also expected to receive a new rear multi-link suspension set-up that should improve both the car’s handling and stability.

Source:
    http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/s...u-impreza-sti/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lightweight; 02-08-2007 at 12:21 PM.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Ugly as sin.

It's not that bad...

better than the evo x in my opinion

Looks ok... lets hope the bumper/skirt arrangement changes around a bit.
    ' For the tenacious, no road is impassable '.

Considering it's a hatchback, the rear big wing makes it look stupid. Personally, I'm much more interested in the mainstream versions.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The front looks much, much better in my opinion. I agree with Ferrer in that this hatchback model with the giant rear wing makes it look stupid. I would rather have the sedan version.

i don't think the front on this photoshop is accurate. The twin radiator intakes are not on the test cars and the upper grille is also different.

its nice to see that the Evo X will get DSG but its a shame that it will still only be available as a sedan, it would be nice to have that in the STi instead. For the STi, its nice to see a hatch, but its a shame to no longer have the proper wagon (or WRX at all for that matter).

MORE PHOTOSHOPS
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 02-08-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    The front looks much, much better in my opinion. I agree with Ferrer in that this hatchback model with the giant rear wing makes it look stupid. I would rather have the sedan version.
    I think the chopper threw it in just for good measure. How would a wing as big as that actually help aerodynamically?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I think the chopper threw it in just for good measure. How would a wing as big as that actually help aerodynamically?
    The wing doesnt look much bigger than the wing on the STi now. Many of the hatch-back style WRC cars have similar high mounted multi plane wings.

The Skoda's wing would work nicely on a hatchback Evo STi. I personally love those big rally car wings.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    The wing doesnt look much bigger than the wing on the STi now. Many of the hatch-back style WRC cars have similar high mounted multi plane wings.
    Sure, but it looks like it was chopped directly from a current STI. I doubt the hatch STI will have such an ungainly wing, although I could be wrong.

Very many possibilities...

'08 Impreza

I'd like to have a better look at this one. Looks like a boisterous version of the Legacy. Would make for a good family resemblance.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 02-09-2007 at 06:27 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Very many possibilities...

'08 Impreza

I'd like to have a better look at this one. Looks like a boisterous version of the Legacy. Would make for a good family resemblance.
    that same photoshop is in the current motor trend, on page 64.

I don't get MotorTrend and they didn't have it here:
    http://www.motortrend.com/future/04/2008/index.html

Can scan?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information