Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More doubts

More doubts

It's easy when you crank up the boost and still claim stock power

http://picsorban.com/upload/nissangtr693.jpg
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 07-17-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Removed image tags (too wide!!)
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Generally I try to ignore this banal argument. but seriously. can't you simply post this all in one thread? it's all the same argument.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thoose CHEATERS!!! quick! call the cheat police!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

My care factor is actually heading into the negatives...

Just a quick rundown of the last 8 or 9 threads you've started, Mr Country.

Corvette ZR-1 Driven Hard
    Corvette ZR-1 Nurburgring Video
    2009 Corvette ZR-1 Reaches 7:26.4 on the Nurburgring
    2009 Corvette ZR-1 LS9 Engine Build
    Nissan GT-R Wins Another Car & Driver Review
    Another Slow GTR Test. This time in Europe
    Corvette ZR-1 - Performance Numbers
    The Flawless GT-R Has a Fault?

Nearly all of these, could have been included or incorporated in the one thread. Remember the rules of the internet - it is always better to post new information in an old thread.

Furthermore, if you were coming up with something interesting, it might be another story. But basically you choose to raise issues that, bluntly, very few of us here at UCP care about, other than of course the usual suspects of "LOL GTR IS FAIL" & "STFU N00B WAIT FOR Z-SPEC".

If you choose to create another thread on either issue instead of posting the relevant information in an old one, you will be infracted.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Just a quick rundown of the last 8 or 9 threads you've started, Mr Country.

Corvette ZR-1 Driven Hard
    Corvette ZR-1 Nurburgring Video
    2009 Corvette ZR-1 Reaches 7:26.4 on the Nurburgring
    2009 Corvette ZR-1 LS9 Engine Build
    Nissan GT-R Wins Another Car & Driver Review
    Another Slow GTR Test. This time in Europe
    Corvette ZR-1 - Performance Numbers
    The Flawless GT-R Has a Fault?

Nearly all of these, could have been included or incorporated in the one thread. Remember the rules of the internet - it is always better to post new information in an old thread.

Furthermore, if you were coming up with something interesting, it might be another story. But basically you choose to raise issues that, bluntly, very few of us here at UCP care about, other than of course the usual suspects of "LOL GTR IS FAIL" & "STFU N00B WAIT FOR Z-SPEC".

If you choose to create another thread on either issue instead of posting the relevant information in an old one, you will be infracted.
    I think that explains pretty well how most of us feel about those ZR-1/GT-R threads. Please stop it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

+1 totally agree, please no more.. there both good cars, no one really cares about whats .3 sec faster to 160 kph or which car laps the ring a few seconds quicker than the other.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

In one post Monaro, tell me why you hate the GTR so much.

My opinion is with the general consensus....

So, do other cars still lap the Nurburgring, or is it just these two now? Oh, and Monaro, before you go and post something about it being a lie. The GTR is being reported as having lapped the Top Gear track in 1.18.9, though to be fair, Wikipedia has taken the time off the Top Gear Page. We'll have to wait until Sunday. There, now there's no reason to start a new GTR bashing thread, we can do it in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    So, do other cars still lap the Nurburgring, or is it just these two now? Oh, and Monaro, before you go and post something about it being a lie. The GTR is being reported as having lapped the Top Gear track in 1.18.9, though to be fair, Wikipedia has taken the time off the Top Gear Page. We'll have to wait until Sunday. There, now there's no reason to start a new GTR bashing thread, we can do it in this one.
    indeed, if that figure is correct,the GTR must be a lousy car, only 3.5 seconds faster than the antique ZO6....and not even quicker than an MC12...
    Last edited by henk4; 07-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    It's easy when you crank up the boost and still claim stock power

http://picsorban.com/upload/nissangtr693.jpg
    1. You have no proof other than a rumored article. That could be a typo for all you know, or even the long-awaited Spec-whatever. If we're going to work with flimsy evidence, then I know who shot JFK.

2. Don't you have anything else to post about? I mean, of all the thousands of cars on t3h interwebz, you only post about this.

3. Before you start quoting the Car and Driver article, yes, it seems that the GT-R they had was badly abused. As for the Z06, that too had less than 3000 miles but the rear alignment was badly off. 2. Don't you have anything else to post about? I mean, of all the thousands of cars on t3h interwebz, you only post about this.

3. Before you start quoting the Car and Driver article, yes, it seems that the GT-R they had was badly abused. As for the Z06, that too had less than 3000 miles but the rear alignment was badly off.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    indeed, if that figure is correct,the GTR must be a lousy car, only 3.5 seconds faster than the antique ZO6....and not even quicker than an MC12...
    Agreed, $80,000 is a lot to pay for a car that's not even a full second faster around a two-mile, seven-turn track than a Ferrair 430 Scuderia, Porsche Carrera GT, or a Lamborghini LP640. I can't work out why anyone would pay good money for one, especially as they've yet to run the ZR1 around the same track... Sheesh, it's only a tenth quicker than an Enzo!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Sigh, if only web pages had scroll bars.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Omg the ZR1 wins!
    The gtr's long held fanboy f**ktard award.

Thread Information