Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ferrari 599 "GTS"

2010 Ferrari 599 "GTS"

what did i tell you?!

Here are the first shots of the Scuderia version of the 599 GTB Fiorano, rumored to be named "GTS", leaving the "GTC" moniker for the GT1 car.
    I don't know specific data about the car, it's a project very similar to the 430 Scuderia's one.
    Lighter car, just a few additional bhp, very stiffer suspensions and a general track-oriented set up.

The photos (from worldcarfans) are taken in front of the main entrance of Ferrari's buildings, with the Fiorano test track (quoted in the article) is a couple of kilometers from there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

GTS is a potentially confusing name.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

more pics

I agree about the name remembering of a spider/convertible rather than the high performing model, but I remember about rumors surfaced right after the GTB unveiling.
    I'll try to fin out more about it.

Still very awkward looking from many angles. I can't seem to get used to it or like it.

I still think it's a an early 599xx test mule.

Why move the exhaust up like that on a streetable 599? Or is it another track car?

You sure about this, Leon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I still think it's a an early 599xx test mule.

Why move the exhaust up like that on a streetable 599? Or is it another track car?

You sure about this, Leon?
    The exhausts on the 430 Scuderia are probably higher.
    I'm sure the car is on the works, and there is no reason to use a standard 599 GTB to test the 599XX engine, let alone on the street but let's assume it's just a provisional plate used to move quickly the car to the Fiorano track without using a trailer.
    When they did so with the Enzo, it was an heavily modified one, basically already resembling the look of the FXX.
    This shots are taken right at the entrance of the Fiorano track (first pic, the tunnel passing under the track).

So I agree with the WCF analysis.
    I will check btw.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 04-24-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: wrong pictures

Raised exhaust makes more sense engineering wise with in a mid engine chassis then a front engine one to me....unless it's track only.

Raised exhaust makes more sense engineering wise with in a mid engine chassis then a front engine one to me....unless it's track only.
    I don't get why though.
    The catalyst could still be at a low height with just the two exits that high, so without adding a fluid dynamic loss adding another bend to the exhaust line.
    Being higher can only help the aerodynamic, and even if this effect it's going to be really perceived or useful at high speed (therefore on a track), I could say the same of the 620 bhp of the 599 instead of only 540 of the 575M.

and then there is marketing.

Also, in the very cramped 430 engine bay, I'm pretty sure it has been more difficult to fit the exhausts of the Scuderia than of the F430. I even remember something about it.
    My mate worked on that area of the car, and they had some problems even aligning up the real exhausts with the fake ones.

How many front engine street cars can you think of with raised rear exhaust?

Without anything official, the raised exhausts suggest a camoflauged test mule to me.

Whatever the finished car will turn out to be, this looks like a mule. I hope if it is the GTS the raised exhausts stay, and that Ferrari change some bodywork to differentiate it a little from the GTB. That was a problem I always had with the special versions of the 550/575.

How many front engine street cars can you think of with raised rear exhaust?
    what does that mean?!
    I don't need something to already exist to do it myself.

I would be very pleased if you can underline some technical issues about a raised exhaust system in a front engined car, because atm I can't really see the point.
    Not only I don't see the problem, but I think it can only be an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    GTS is a potentially confusing name.
    Super confusing, IŽd say. I know I came in here expecting something else.

Leon, can I just contribute with a little problem I see with raised exhausts on a front engined car: DonŽt you risk losing trunk space?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Super confusing, IŽd say. I know I came in here expecting something else.

Leon, can I just contribute with a little problem I see with raised exhausts on a front engined car: DonŽt you risk losing trunk space?
    Possibly...is that a problem in such a car?
    I don't know if the catalyst would be high enough to reduce the space available for the trunk, but really, after seeing that of the 8C, I couldn't bother less.

I think the raised exhaust is an aerodynamics issue. It appears as if they have put quite a bit of work into the rear diffuser and are looking at the underbody rather closely as a way of achieving downforce without spoiling the bodywork of the car.

Anyone who buys a 599 for the bootspace is clearly in need of a headcheck, hehe.

As for the looks, well, I think it's very impressive. The 599 has always been rated as a design success, even moreso when you consider that it was such a departure from the old 550/575. Some might see it as fussy compared to traditional Ferrari styling which has generally been very pure, but the beauty of the 599 is in the detail.

Thread Information