Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Caprice (6th gen) 2009-

my uncle is a cop (seriously) and he said the suspension on the interceptor crown vic bears no resemblance to the stiffest suspension you could get on the civilian model, which he has as his DD. so i imagine this is equally well set up, and not be the big rolling sedan that it is based off of.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Complete waste of money. Why do they need such a fast car when a cop can radio other cops if you decide to run or escape?? Can anyone run faster than radio waves???
    LAPD chases. they need fast cars.

plus they need the speed when responding to calls with full lights and sirens. they can average 100-120+ down the freeway. the speed is not just for pursuits.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    if only it was available for civilians.

Look what it says on the gauge cluster. G8.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    It's too big isn't it? I thought you'd want something small, and quick for a police car =.="
    New York State Police rock lowered Chevy Tahoes.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I don't know about the handling because I assume everything will be more heavy duty to cope with the work load but power and reliability will be assured and that is a very good looking car. However if the US police need a car for highway patrol I hope Chevrolet offer to rebadge the Holden SS or HSV Clubsport for them. In Queensland (and probably all states of Australia) it is not uncommon to see SS highway patrol cars and at least a few Clubsports and they look stunning.

Its not an unattractive car. The public will beg for it sharp looks and Australian quality as soon as these hit the street. You are looking at the best add campaign ever devised for an American~ sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    my uncle is a cop (seriously) and he said the suspension on the interceptor crown vic bears no resemblance to the stiffest suspension you could get on the civilian model, which he has as his DD. so i imagine this is equally well set up, and not be the big rolling sedan that it is based off of.

LAPD chases. they need fast cars.

plus they need the speed when responding to calls with full lights and sirens. they can average 100-120+ down the freeway. the speed is not just for pursuits.
    LAPD has helicopters which are faster than cars. I am begining to feel that part of ther perquisite of being a cop is driving one of these powerful cop cars at very highspeeds at anytime they want. I can see why a cop could be motivated to stay a cop, especially when they get the perk of driving as fast as they want without any competition from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

New York State Police rock lowered Chevy Tahoes.
    i always noticed they were lowered, it looks so weird

sucks that these cars are going to be quick. that means they'll be harder to outrun....

what happened to that company making private cop cars? with 3.0 BMW diesels?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

LAPD has helicopters which are faster than cars. I am begining to feel that part of ther perquisite of being a cop is driving one of these powerful cop cars at very highspeeds at anytime they want. I can see why a cop could be motivated to stay a cop, especially when they get the perk of driving as fast as they want without any competition from anyone.
    <facepalm>

Looks good in my opinion. One of the suprising perks of being in Colorado and being a car nut. Every once in awhile I go to events like Ferrari meets, Rally meets, ++.

*edit* Trunk space doesnt look as big as the Crown V' but 28cf of cargo is hard to beat.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 10-05-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    iWant.

That is good for the General. It breaks Ford's fleet-car stranglehold a bit.
    Hopefully they'll be cheap when they're gov't surplus.

DEIT: lol at an LAPD cruiser on Victoria plates.
    Cheap would merely be relative. I wouldnt expect GM to be handing them off to the cops for anywhere near as cheap as Ford can flog the CV's, and thats going to be handed down through resale i'd imagine.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    you have to fit americans in there.
    you also don't want bubba running you off the road in his truck, if you see what i mean. gotta be large-ish sedans.
    Oh yes... how I can i forgot...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Its not an unattractive car. The public will beg for it sharp looks and Australian quality as soon as these hit the street. You are looking at the best add campaign ever devised for an American~ sedan.
    agreed, some speculate it may be a test to gauge interest in the G8 reclothed as a caprice or some such.
    i heard mention that what the police use has to be available to the public, but that sounds ridiculous to me.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    i always noticed they were lowered, it looks so weird

sucks that these cars are going to be quick. that means they'll be harder to outrun....

what happened to that company making private cop cars? with 3.0 BMW diesels?
    carbon design or something? those purpose built cop cars are sweet, but they'll be something like $50k. that's pretty much two of these, so i don't know if many departments will spring for the CD.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

so available in 2011...from which manufacturer????
    Are GM offering this car for free to the police departments to (partly) compensate for the federal financial support?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so available in 2011...from which manufacturer????
    Are GM offering this car for free to the police departments to (partly) compensate for the federal financial support?
    Holden VE export FBU, its a derivative of LWB Holden Statesman WM.
    Optional advanced Police-interface electronics. Either 3.6L DOHC V6 or 6.0L OHV V8, SWB available.

GM are offering this car to (partly) compensate Holden for contracted business lost due to GMNA's fiscal financial meltdown.

Hope it's picked up by Law Enforcement types and makes Holden a motza, considering the s**tfight caused by GM's on again, off again love affair with the VE Commodore.

These cars seriously have more rear legroom than the popemobile. you crims are getting it lucky.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

my uncle is a helo cop, and not just a regular cop. the helo isnt always in the air, and you cant exactly pull up to someones house in a helo. they keep a helo in standby and they can be up in the air in a certain amount of time. but the entire crew doesnt stay at the hangar the whole time. they are called up and have to get to the airport to get the helo in the air. in that case you have to drive fast to get there.

additionally, you have to realize that police all have gone though driving schools catered to driving these big cars very fast. so these guys have a lot more training than everyone else on the road.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information