Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Suzi, welcome Fordie !

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Sure, as we know modern hard drives are very prone to fail.
    actually, I lost two HD in 6 months on two different notebooks, one (IDE) because of a battery problem on a inherited 4 years old Asus, the second (SATA) fail came out of the blue on a brand new but very cheap HP (350 €), warranty got me a new one, and I managed to recover ALL the data from both of them with a quite expensive USB/SATA/IDE external thingy (40€, worth every cent). then I bought an external 750 GB Seagate
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Or go with an even bigger turbo for more suck and blow.

Wow...most people would just buy another laptop at that point. No wonder you're in such financial trouble. That's like $300 bucks (12 trillion Euros at today's rate) right there.
    Long live extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    actually, I lost two HD in 6 months on two different notebooks, one (IDE) because of a battery problem on a inherited 4 years old Asus, the second (SATA) fail came out of the blue on a brand new but very cheap HP (350 €), warranty got me a new one, and I managed to recover ALL the data from both of them with a quite expensive USB/SATA/IDE external thingy (40€, worth every cent). then I bought an external 750 GB Seagate
    Hmm.. i should have known about this thing you are talking about. Using linux i tried to recover my data, to no avail. Anyway i was rather gutted as many pictures and more importantly some detailed drawings and plans on the Open Source Green Vehicle were lost.. Tough luck.

We are waiting...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

how hard can it be to try responding to my post, you can't go around this Drakkie, i need a reply.

56% power increase with your mods?

I have read allot of info about alto tuning the last hour, and thats impossible.

- Airfilter tuning gains no extra bhp, only sound. (only high hp engines can gain from this, and then its even next to nothing, my car will gain 10bhp with an open air set, which is allot, but the car breaths alot more too then your 1.0 engine. 7% is MAX, so for good measure, lets just give you that advantage. So you gained 3.5bhp

- Now Cam wise. A really good Camshaft will give a 10bhp advantage on a 100bhp 8Valve engine, so thats 10 percent. So you gained 5.5bhp

- Fine tuning Carb/Ignition, i have no idea what you've done, but it really can't be a shocking percentage. 10% feels like alot, with standard carb and ignition system. So you gained 5.5bhp

- shutting down the EGR Will most likely only give performance loss only cars from the 70's will benefit performance wise from a closed egr valve. And thats still only 1 percent, i'll just give you that. So you gained 0.5bhp

- Flywheel, that part cant weigh alot in a 1.0 engine, but if its lighter it will give your tuned engine more faster throttle response and thus more power. I give you 2 percent over your totall!

so now you have 54 + 3.5 + 5.5 + 5.5 + 0.5 = 69bhp, plus 2% flywheel = a whoopin 71bhp!

I have been really generous here, so where did you get the other 20bhp from?

- 190kmh, that could only have been achieved on a suicide downhill. I drove a 1.0 turbo for a while and i could barely reach that on the speedometer (5 speed aswell, Charade GTTi, with 101bhp and 130nm..)

- how on earth did you lose 125kg of weight, the interior weighs next to nothing, and a spare tire weighs next to nothing. On top of that, you must have fitted different wheels for the gained power, which will most likely have weighed more. Glasfiber additions to the bumper weigh more, sportsuspension most likely weigh more.

i'm sorry, but your figures just don't add up.
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

56% power increase with your mods?

Yea and with certain engines even more is easily possible. Read this month's AMT, with a short story on a adapted 2CV engine. 150% increase.

I have read allot of info about alto tuning the last hour, and thats impossible.

Sources ?

- Airfilter tuning gains no extra bhp, only sound. (only high hp engines can gain from this, and then its even next to nothing, my car will gain 10bhp with an open air set, which is allot, but the car breaths alot more too then your 1.0 engine. 7% is MAX, so for good measure, lets just give you that advantage. So you gained 3.5bhp

I did not put this on first but a few months after the first mods. Must've been around 70hp around that time, so with a margin of 5% it would make 3.5 bhp then.

Now a 1.0 engine as standard is nothing special, but with the mods and shit it was a bit more high performance. Say you have a 2.0 liter unblown engine which is double the size, that makes 160hp. That's considered reasonably high performance when compared to contemporary engines of it's time.

Now this air filter was not a matter of bolting it on. The sAlto had a round filter on top of the carburetor, with the "carterventilatie" on it and a long and narrow hose with sharp turns(120 degrees about max) to just behind the grille. I created a wider hose in a more or less straight line to right behind the grille with there the air filter bolted on.

- Now Cam wise. A really good Camshaft will give a 10bhp advantage on a 100bhp 8Valve engine, so thats 10 percent. So you gained 5.5bhp

About that yes, if it wasn't one of the last things i put on. So 8hp.

- Fine tuning Carb/Ignition, i have no idea what you've done, but it really can't be a shocking percentage. 10% feels like alot, with standard carb and ignition system. So you gained 5.5bhp

I worded it bad, but here goes. The 1995-1997 Alto's had a carburetor system, the 1997 to 1999 iirc a single point and the last few a multi point injection. When looking for some parts for a buddy's Corsa, i found a crashed 2000 Alto on the wreck yard. I took the entire multipoint system out of it and after testing mounted it. It was not a good idea though. It's quite difficult and only because of some mechanic buddies i got it running. Coming with it i mounted a different ignition system, to cope with all the changes so far then. Make it 8hp.

- shutting down the EGR Will most likely only give performance loss only cars from the 70's will benefit performance wise from a closed egr valve. And thats still only 1 percent, i'll just give you that. So you gained 0.5bhp

The EGR valve brings polluted air that is more difficult to burn into your cilinder. This system makes a more leaner burn. Now when you removes this system the labda-sensor with automatically try to make the burn according the labda = 1 or a 1:14,8 mixture. Now when you get this mixture exactly right, you have a perfect burn with virtually no emissions. No car is able to get this right 100%, it's just correcting to make it perfect. So just on lucky moments or how you want to call it, it is a right mixture.

So any corrections made, get the labda back to 1. Now if you fiddle around with the value of the labda sensor, it gives a artificial wrong value to the EMS. So.. if you put a resistor on the sensor output, the voltage given off to the EMS will be lower and the EMS will correct to a richer mixture.

So this makes my gain 5hp on this.

Don't forget to adjust before APK though

- Flywheel, that part cant weigh alot in a 1.0 engine, but if its lighter it will give your tuned engine more faster throttle response and thus more power. I give you 2 percent over your totall!

Exactly right.

I have been really generous here, so where did you get the other 20bhp from?

Amongst other a different exhaust and more..To much to type em all, plus im damn tired and need to go to work soon. And your calculus wasnt always right.

- 190kmh, that could only have been achieved on a suicide downhill. I drove a 1.0 turbo for a while and i could barely reach that on the speedometer (5 speed aswell, Charade GTTi, with 101bhp and 130nm..)

The Alto is fitted with very long gear ratio's in fourth and fifth. Did i say anywhere, that it didnt took me 10km's ?? Well it did. And every night I had this space to do it. A15 after Rozenburg towards Oostvoorne. Flat out.

- how on earth did you lose 125kg of weight, the interior weighs next to nothing, and a spare tire weighs next to nothing. On top of that, you must have fitted different wheels for the gained power, which will most likely have weighed more. Glasfiber additions to the bumper weigh more, sportsuspension most likely weigh more.

Dashboard = 10 kg of plastic and crap
    Seats = 15 kg
    Spare tire = 10kg or something
    Carpets, roof lining and other stuff 5kg
    Fitting of plastic windows on the side and back = 20 kg
    Others on various places under the bonnet = 10 kg
    Removal of exhaust parts(middendemper en kat) = 15 kg
    Addition of new systems = maybe 3 kilogram extra

I got 92 kg here. Ok, miscalculation i had here before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    We are waiting...
    Gimme some time to type, ok guys And about before, I had minimum time left as I work 50 hours a week, study like 10-15 hours and party 8-10 hours a week. The rest is sleep and basically rest. Not exactly time to browse the net for a while. Don't have the time left anymore..

Anyways, the Ford has not been without problems unfortunately. It's oil use is VERY high. I drove about 2000km with it by now and have filled her with 3,5 liters of oil so far

It leaks slightly on the valve-cover seal but thats maybe a shot glass in total. So I suspect the "kleppenstoter rubbers", if anyone could translate. I have 3 months of warranty so I will have to drive to the other side of the NL soon

Electrical window on the right is also stuck, with a broken engine after 3-4 days.. I managed to get it up and closed for now.

And the fuel use it much higher then it should be. The most efficient I have driven so far is 1l : 11km. Now this was with 98% highway driving and a average speed of 90km/h over a complete tank. Will have this figured out as well soon.
    Last edited by drakkie; 09-29-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Gimme some time to type, ok guys And about before, I had minimum time left as I work 50 hours a week, study like 10-15 hours and party 8-10 hours a week. The rest is sleep and basically rest. Not exactly time to browse the net for a while. Don't have the time left anymore..
    I wish days were 36 hours long in my world too.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Drakkie you might want to invest some of your fortunes in a new calculator.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I wish days were 36 hours long in my world too.
    haha yea if that could be true.. Im always short in time for anything. Thank god I can work best under stress..

Theres a good 8-10 hours in your week I could see being put to better use......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Theres a good 8-10 hours in your week I could see being put to better use......
    I prefer it this way. It's a perfect exhaust valve for the rest of the week. For me party time is basically sitting with mates, drinking beers and smoking cigarettes. On saturday we do this until midnight, from 8-9 o'clock and after we go to the bar for like 2 hours.

Not too exhaustive and good fun anyways. Apart from that, I make sure I don't drink too much so that im fresh for (home)work again on sundays. Havent been drunk for like 6 months..

Havent been drunk for like 6 months..
    Too bad your brain seems to be pickled.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

ps: in the near future, i hope to get a cheap suzi Mk.1 or Mk.2 to execute my dream project.
    I didn't read any other line of your thread but I have a question: in which world can the words "cheap suzi Mk.1 or Mk.2" and "dream project" fit the same sentence?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    I didn't read any other line of your thread but I have a question: in which world can the words "cheap suzi Mk.1 or Mk.2" and "dream project" fit the same sentence?
    Let's try.

My "dream project" is blowing a "cheap suzi Mk.1 or Mk.2" to pieces.

Or perhaps,

I want to use a "cheap suzi Mk.1 or Mk.2" to crush it with my "dream project", a monster truck.

That's all I can think of now.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

My "Dream Project" is to enter a "Cheap Suzi mk.1 or mk.2" in a demolition derby?
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information