Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Take '1000' with a grain of salt. There'll be 33 Mitsu evos, 56 Skylines, 28 Imprezas... and an arseload of shopping cars. I like shopping cars being in racing games, but yea. Though TBH I have issues with Forza's car selection too, so I'm not going to start arguing the pros and cons of each. Just maybe that they didn't need to spend so much time putting in 1000 cars when only about 400 of them will get used.
    Agreed. I don't need every special edition and year skyline that's ever been made. And the same applies to minivans and trucks. This is a racing game not a library of cars built in the last 100 years. There's nothing worse thAn slaving away at the ~8000 lb truck series races for an hour.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Given how little it takes to put cars in to arcade race games then I understand their desire to first play the numbers game and secondly go after the minority interest.
    If their dad owns one of the special edition EVOs features or their favourite driver races it then it creates a buying decision for that person. So for 1/2 hours work it's an "easy win" --- it's not liek the bother to match the dynamics that closely
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I like having econoboxes in something like Gran Turismo. It's fun to thrash a 1.4 85bhp Fabia around the Nurburgring and watch it go round in 8... days.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

OR even a 1.3 Suzuki in real life
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtmILKF1mg]YouTube - F40 vs Suzuki Swift Nordschleife Nürburgring[/ame]
    On the rev limiter on all the straights, but check out the pulling back in on corners !!
    I know who was having the more fun between the F40 and the Swift.
    The Swifts are available for hire for 45 euro per lap or 15 euro per hour and 2,50 euro per 'Ring lap . Other cars available at other prices
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Take '1000' with a grain of salt. There'll be 33 Mitsu evos, 56 Skylines, 28 Imprezas... and an arseload of shopping cars. I like shopping cars being in racing games, but yea. Though TBH I have issues with Forza's car selection too, so I'm not going to start arguing the pros and cons of each. Just maybe that they didn't need to spend so much time putting in 1000 cars when only about 400 of them will get used.
    Not to mention the small of rare cars that have no price. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to win them- I've completed a whole bunch of events in GT4, and looking at the list of cars won through events, they're not even there.

I'm done waiting for this, I most certainly am not picking this up when it launches. Maybe when it's down to $30, but not worth $60 for sure. I never buy games at $60.

Edit- I have a feeling this game's been delayed for 3D. Not the smartest move, considering it's been in the making for 6 years now maybe? And who owns a 3D TV anyway?
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 05-24-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The Swifts are available for hire for 45 euro per lap or 15 euro per hour and 2,50 euro per 'Ring lap . Other cars available at other prices
    I gotta grab a hold of this info from you when I do take my trip to the Ring....who knows when it'll be but it'll happen....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

is the release date still TBA?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    OR even a 1.3 Suzuki in real life
    YouTube - F40 vs Suzuki Swift Nordschleife Nürburgring
    On the rev limiter on all the straights, but check out the pulling back in on corners !!
    Peter, where can you rend the swifts?
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Sony: Developers aren't 'fully utilizing' PS3 yet | The Digital Home - CNET News

My new reason as for GT5's delay. They want to get it right, guys.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Sony: Developers aren't 'fully utilizing' PS3 yet | The Digital Home - CNET News

My new reason as for GT5's delay. They want to get it right, guys.
    These b*stards literally forced me to buy an xbox 360, just so I could get my new age racing fix with Forza. Sad but true. That said, I'm still going to buy this game too, because after all this time I highly doubt they'd release something subpar do disappoint people with. It has to be THE best.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    It has to be THE best.
    I guess 3D = THE best these days.

But seriously, this game will surely be awesome when it comes out.

Regarding the graphics, if the shots they release from time to time are actually in game, It has the best/most realistic looking graphics I have ever seen.

Agree about the graphics. Let's just hope the chassis and drivetrain can match the exterior's slick sexiness.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Agree about the graphics. Let's just hope the chassis and drivetrain can match the exterior's slick sexiness.
    Well, I would guess that given it's one of the biggest releases ever, and that it's taken years to develop that they will do a good if not excellent job on that.

When did they start developing this game anyways?

so long as it isn't GT4's bumper car racing with half the cars sharing engine noises etc etc.
    given the delay it's hopefully a sure thing that they've picked up their game
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

*newsflash*
    "Robot nixon election win overshadowed by release of fabled GT5 game"
    */newsflash*
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information