Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Good information at least. Most PC games have no more than 50 cars....and thats what I am familiar with. Games like rFactor obviously don't count...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

old saying "never mind the quality, feel the width"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think as the other people have mentioned here, if you want a more realistic driving experience, get a PC and some of the racing sims.

As for the vids you have seen on Youtube, well, wait until you play the game or it is reviewed at least. Some people here are criticizing the game before it has come out, and I think it could be said you are praising it before its out.

Lets wait and see how it is when its actually played, which matters more than any of this.

ozzy, I would also say that this statement "ffs, if you dont like it, dont buy it" is not really a valid criticism. People are making calls (yes, they haven't played it yet either) based on the information given. If we take that perspective to other things in life, then things would be ridiculous. Many people here criticize cars they will never buy, or others movies they won't watch - I don't think this is grounds for them shutting up or not buying it.

Many people here have waited for this game for ages and are maybe even fans of the series and are disappointed in the results that have been generated. I think their criticisms are valid at least when confined to their areas of criticism. Looking at the relatively small amount of cars with full detail... Well, I'd be disappointed were I in the market for this game.

Also, I'd say that this dickwagging/bashing and accusing people of being fanboys is adding nothing to the debate. A rational, unimpassioned argument is far more useful than the personal attacks that have been posted here. I may remind you guys that personal attacks are not allowed by UCPs rules.

As an aside, I own no current systems and while I bought and played Forza 1, I would not call myslef a fan of either the Forza or Gran Turismo series.
    as far as a pc goes, i'm not into that. i'd rather flick on the playstation, kick back on the couch with a beer and unwind. 'gaming' per se, is not for me, and that includes all the world of warcraft and the rest who are chained to their keyboards trying to get to that next level etc.

in relation to a review of gt5, [ame="http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132738"]here's one[/ame] . i think with good reason i am praising the game. i concede that gt5 is not perfect, but its pretty damn good.

with respect to the 'if you dont like it, dont buy it' comment, i dont see the issue. we have all seen the demos and media releases on youtube, and there is a link to a review that i have viewed which is provided in this message, so therefore i would say it is a valid statement. and this applies to anything from purchasing your groceries from a certain store or purchasing a house in a particular area. if you dont like something, dont buy it, simple. this includes gt5. i am not a follower, i am a leader. i dont fall for marketing bs and related garbage. i'm a gt fan as i have played it from day one and i like its style, its clinical, its polished and appeals to me. i have played forza, but its not for me. its a good game, but its not my style of game.

in relation to expressing a viewpoint, whatever that may be, i dont think it is your place to critique that view or comment, nor mock the validity of that comment. everyone on here is entitled to express their opinions on whatever subject that they desire. also, as far as ucp rules go, if you feel that i have breached them, go for your life, recommend that i am banned, otherwise, get off your high horse.

in relation to whether you own a console, or forza, or a gold plated rocking chair for that matter, it matters as much to me as probably the price of foie gras in alaska.

kitdy, dont confuse the above with personal stabs directed at yourself. i dont have any issues with you, or anyone else here, nor would i lose any sleep if you or anyone else here chose to leave ucp. we have a common interest being cars. we may often not agree on certain topics, but i think debate is healthy, and with a sprinkling of my eccentric viewpoint / opinion / slant on the topic at hand, i think makes for entertaining reading if nothing else. so i guess the point here is dont take life so seriously, we arnt here to sit an exam or to have a 'member' sizing competition. we are here to have a laugh, talk cars and mix with like minded people.

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

need to try that...lol
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

i'm going to try it in actual go karts, see how much driving simulator this is
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    It needs more banana peels and turtle shells.

I'll race you forwards... given you have actual track experience, we might be about even!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

reverse button and single gear ratio Kart makes for hilarity.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

So it seems that damage modeling actually gets progressively better as you level up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsLwFYUiMo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsLwFYUiMo[/ame]
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

order placed on Amazon....though won't be playing anytime soon with any degree of seriousness....need to order Obutto setup next...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    So it seems that damage modeling actually gets progressively better as you level up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsLwFYUiMo
    That's a race model. I think all the race models feature full fledged deformable and detachable panels/parts. I'm not sure about the premium factory cars though.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Gran Turismo 5: Car list

Where did all the cars go? the release is now out with around 1000 cars, and I cannot find any mention anywhere of where/how to get the rest?

I got my copy today. You can install some of the data on your PS3 HardDisk so save on loading times (8 gigabyte).

The basic screen is called 'Your Home', is better than the map in GT4 IMO, looks more systematic than the map in GT4. Overall it plays and feels a lot like GT4. At the moment I'm just trying to get all the licenses so I don't have to worry about that any more and just be able to start any race.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Overall it plays and feels a lot like GT4.
    that is not good news
    waiting for a friend to get it so i can try it

Thread Information