Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Sofa King We Todd Did

That's pretty crappy... but then, my car just cost me $4000 without bending anything at all.... new air-con system, radiator, rear brakes, skim the front brakes, standard service.. buncha other things... ugh. Cars are an expensive hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    That's pretty crappy... but then, my car just cost me $4000 without bending anything at all.... new air-con system, radiator, rear brakes, skim the front brakes, standard service.. buncha other things... ugh. Cars are an expensive hobby...
    Seriously, it is.

I'm a new driver too, and I haven't even got my own car. So, I don't pay for gasoline (although I don't drive it everyday either, only occasionally under the supervision of my father).

Accidents early on really suck, especially when your insurance rate gets raised.

I feel for you man.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Accidents early on really suck, especially when your insurance rate gets raised.

I feel for you man.
    Yeah, thanks... 3 years at $60 more per month. And I thought it was only for next year... so we're rather talking about a $2,100 increase insurance-wise

yeah in that case i norm wait for the person in front to go and then i'll go to make sure not to be in ur situation cause a lot of ppl can't drive. did u file a police report? i'm sure you know the make model color of the car. hit and run is criminal that could help with insurance
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    yeah in that case i norm wait for the person in front to go and then i'll go to make sure not to be in ur situation cause a lot of ppl can't drive. did u file a police report? i'm sure you know the make model color of the car. hit and run is criminal that could help with insurance
    No I didn't. Since I'm responsible for the accident it won't change anything for the insurance if I find her. In fact, it's gonna cost more if I find her because she'll want to get money for her potential damage. In this case I guess it makes me the criminal for having hit and run, but it's her who ran away in the first place. Confusing a little huh?

Anyway, she can always try to find me if she wants to. I would have been happy to fill a police report when I hit her car, and if she wants money for damage I'll pay since I accept the fact I'm responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yeah, thanks... 3 years at $60 more per month. And I thought it was only for next year... so we're rather talking about a $2,100 increase insurance-wise
    Change insurance company, call around, there re so many companies that often you will save at least a few bucks.

Yeah I know, it's a bad habit I have to follow a little bit too close. There was approximately a car length and a half between me and her when we began accelerating. It was more than enough when nobody is supposed to jump on the brakes.
    It reminds me often of what my dad told me when got my drivers license, He said "on the road, you have to be more carefull with the others than with yourself". What he meant is that if everybody drove by the rules there would be no accidents, but there are a lot of idiots out there. So no matter whre you are you allways have to assume the driver clossest to you is an idiot, an idit about to do something incredibly stupid.

todays top tip, assume evryone is an idiot.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

That sucks dude. Usually all the front end hits I do range from $1000-$3500. How deep did the damage go? New radiator/condenser? Fenders?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    That sucks dude. Usually all the front end hits I do range from $1000-$3500. How deep did the damage go? New radiator/condenser? Fenders?
    The bumper has to be changed, the grill and the Chevy logo are in pretty bad shape, the hood suffered a lot and a part of the left fender is bent, I suppose the hood bent it when it unexpectedly opened... aside from that everything is fine.

Sorry about your car. It might be a cobalt, a car which most people ignore. but when you own a car, any car, its precious to the owner.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    todays top tip, assume evryone is an idiot.
    That's good advice. My Drivers Ed teacher told me that too.

Generally (in terms of insurance) an accident like this would be considerd 100% your fault regardless of what she did.

So be happy she drove away, otherwise you'd be paying for her damage too.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 12-01-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Well no I didn't explain it correctly. I started accelerating (gently) in the lane before joining the highway when I saw the woman in front was accelerating, I looked behind me to see if the way was clear (blind spot), when I saw it was clear I accelerated even more before looking back in front of me. As I said, I looked behind me for a second, and I was sure the woman was still accelerating because I saw her do so. If the way was clear for me it was for her too, and she had to check her blind spot before I did, so it doesn't make sense to me she braked.
    But why did you feel the need to look behind you when accelerating? I'm sorry, but it's quite stupid. Plus, what's wrong with the rear view mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    if a tardling decides to jump in front of you on purpose and you hit the tardling, it is your fault
    It's not your fault if someone cuts you off without giving you time to slow down, in fact that's basically the only way rear-ending someone else isn't your fault. Other than that, you should have left a bigger gap and been paying more attention.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    But why did you feel the need to look behind you when accelerating? I'm sorry, but it's quite stupid. Plus, what's wrong with the rear view mirror?
    When you're pulling out onto a highway you don't spot check your blind spots? That sounds rather unsafe...
    When I'm pulling out onto a road with faster traveling cars I always make sure I am aware what's around me before pulling out into the lane. Otherwise I could be rear-ended by someone already traveling on that road. Funnily enough, when approaching a road on an angle, the rear view mirror doesn't show what's coming from that road. Would be nice to have one that would though...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Cars are an expensive hobby...
    yeah, petrolheads, audiophiles, photographiles, etc all have this curse: its expensive

sometimes i wonder why, instead of cars, couldnt i have been interested in something like birdwatching or some shit
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    yeah, petrolheads, audiophiles, photographiles, etc all have this curse: its expensive

sometimes i wonder why, instead of cars, couldnt i have been interested in something like birdwatching or some shit
    birdwatching can be expensive but i get your point
    one day i tried to add up the amount of money i'd spent (squandered?) on cars, rifles, travelling etc etc
    it was scary
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information