Thread: Creative Way to Get Back at Dealer?

Creative Way to Get Back at Dealer?

The angry owner of this Range Rover finds a way to get back at dealer.

The owner was probably very angrey when the dealership failed to deal with his complaints about his £50,000 Range Rover and decided to list all the car’s flaws with large yellow vinyl letters. He wrote “If you want trouble free motoring do not buy one of these!!! Don’t take my word for it, look on the net” and then listed everything that went wrong with his car.
    http://best-tops-direct.com |http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212 | http://4wheelonline.com/Bushwacker_Fender_Flares.3170]Bushwacker

Am I the only one made slightly "angrey" by 4WO's threads?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Nope. I am too.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

there's one for the joke thread. I supposed if you're rich enough to park your car in front of your incompetent dealership with trash talk pasted all over the side of it, that's not a bad way of going about things lol. If you're the other 99.9% of the population you'll probably just trade it in, take a loss and try to sleep it off.

It has happened here to, with an Audi dealer, someone parked a first gen Allroad saying it had gone thru 3 transmissions and that AUDI didn't take any responsabiliy.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

It was not the dealership owner's fault the car was not satisfactory. Why did this individual make the dealership look bad and why did he tell people don't buy a car from this dealership? Range Rovers are manufactured in a automobile factory. THE DEALERSHIP did not manufacture the car.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I remember seeing a new Toyota Corolla sedan that was splattered all over with anti-Toyota slogans, the owner having brushed these on in big lettering, using thick house paint enamel or somesuch. The old guy was alarmingly red of face and shouting to anyone within earshot on the main street as to how Toyota had ruined his car, although he looked to have done a reasonable job of it himself. I have a distinct memory of him yelling in my direction about something to do with the floor mats...

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Nope. I am too.
    count me in! count me in!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I second that motion ^.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    I remember seeing a new Toyota Corolla sedan that was splattered all over with anti-Toyota slogans, the owner having brushed these on in big lettering, using thick house paint enamel or somesuch. The old guy was alarmingly red of face and shouting to anyone within earshot on the main street as to how Toyota had ruined his car, although he looked to have done a reasonable job of it himself. I have a distinct memory of him yelling in my direction about something to do with the floor mats...
    i want to laugh but don't get me started! that guy us definatly me. car dealerships can only do so much. like John14 said, they don't manufacture the cars so there shouldn't be a reason with getting mad at them. BUT, car dealerships should be listening to what these costumers say. they can't get away with ignoring the costumers problems. thats giving the car company and the dealership a bad image.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 06-09-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

While the dealerships do not build the vehicles, it is there job to fix problems with the vehicles they sell.

Read the quote from the article...

The owner was probably very angry when the dealership failed to deal with his complaints about his £50,000 Range Rover
    Yes he could have just taken it to another dealership or just got rid of it after the first 5 things went wrong with it. But whether you build a vehicle or just sell them... You should stand behind the vehicles you sell. Which it appears this dealership did not with this man. Granted the man may just be exaggerating, or this is just a one time thing.

If the dealership received complaints like this before from other people, then it would be a problem with the dealership. If it's just this one man who has issues, then it could just be him.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    It was not the dealership owner's fault the car was not satisfactory. Why did this individual make the dealership look bad and why did he tell people don't buy a car from this dealership? Range Rovers are manufactured in a automobile factory. THE DEALERSHIP did not manufacture the car.
    the dealership should be looking at his complaints though, they are realistically his contact with the manufacturers.
    the dealership represents you to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer to the clients (in my experience anyway).
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    It doesn't look to me like he's going after the dealership anyways though, he's going after that specific vehicle type, and listning the problem with that specific vehicle, not anything the dealer did wrong nor even mentioning the dealer.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I have to add though, in cases like thi sit IS the dealer problem
    Even if the car is a compelte lemon the dealer shoudl be taking the customers side and fighting for replacement.
    However, history shows that cars like this are often through a delaer with limited machincal experience/skill. So they're not sure what to do and the manufacturer does require the dealer to inestigate things. If they're not up to it then they're gonna try to avoid doing it

Thread Information