Hi friends!

Beeing a total car nut, I've decided to learn more about the japanese Kei cars. I have of course the history behind the Kei cars, from the internet, and other sources, but..................
Anyone having any experience with any of them?
Is it just the enginesize that puts them in the Kei car category? Why this question? Because I am unsure about some exported cars. You got the Honda N360, wich was a Kei car. Was the Honda 600 a Kei car?
Also there have been a lot of "mini" vans, trucks, etc. In the '80's there was a boom in europe, seeing Suzukis Carrys, Subaru Sambars, Daihatsu, and others. Was these Kei cars?

Also prominent with the Kei cars is something else. Horsepower output. The Subaru R-2ss of '69 having a 360ccm engine, and 36 horsepowers. Now, is this Din, or Sae, horsepowers? If Din, it is a 100 hp litre NA car!!

As a norwegian, it's not many Kei cars I've seen on the road. Later years some of the 0.7 litre cars have appared, like the Copen, and of course there have been lots of the minivans. My self having thousands of K's behind the steeringwheel of a Suzuki Carry. This Carry was not stock though, the engine was swapt for a 1.0 litre from a SJ410. That was a amazing engine, which we drove with no watercoolant for years. The radiator leaked, the airfilter had melted, and was halfway down the manifold.

Any others having something to tell about these small japanese cars?