Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most important movie you will see

The most important movie you will see

Zeitgeist the movie

You must see this.
    Seriously take the time to whatch it through, it is worth it!

LINK!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I still think Scary Movie 3 is the most important movie i will ever see.

I stopped at the whole sun and Jesus thing. yeah.
    You can call me scott.

You should have continued, its gets really interesting in the second part. its not a movie about religion, thats only an introduction to the main topic.
    GO HABS GO!

This movie was indeed incredibly interesting, with a lot of curious theories and facts to back up its claims.

HOWEVER - Due to one claim they made that is simply proved, when there is also much information for the other side, brings the other theories into question. I am not saying that they did not research this very well, and that they do not have a very strong point - I am just cautious as this is not exactly the most moderate perspective, and it IS a factual claim I can make of an error of theirs.

The error - The flood with Noah's ark - Ok, the ark part can easily be false, but virtually EVERY civilization at the time (Chinese, the current middle Eastern empire (Persian?), and many places in between), a flood of vast scale was recorded, at the SAME TIME. This is why there are so many people searching for the ark: there is no doubt, nothing I have ever heard of historically, that claims that it was false - only accounts that there was indeed one of the largest floods in human history.

If one fact that they just discounted as "simple truth" is not truth at all, I can only guess that there are probably more - I do not claim to know that there are indeed more, I am just going off of cautious logic.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Saw it. The astrological explanations behind the religious ideas were particularly interesting (from the first part). Makes you look at religion a little bit less seriously.

On the whole, it was a little too conspiracy-theory for my liking. There was a lot of bullshit in there.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    The error - The flood with Noah's ark - Ok, the ark part can easily be false, but virtually EVERY civilization at the time (Chinese, the current middle Eastern empire (Persian?), and many places in between), a flood of vast scale was recorded, at the SAME TIME. This is why there are so many people searching for the ark: there is no doubt, nothing I have ever heard of historically, that claims that it was false - only accounts that there was indeed one of the largest floods in human history.
    This urban myth is basically false. While most cultures have flood mythologies, they all took place 'a long time ago', not at a specific time all at once. While most of the native american ones were 'back in the day' when they met westerners, many of the western/middle-eastern/eastern ones all stem from a central mythology in the epic of gilgamesh. Cultures traded mythology all over the eurasian continents. These stories were from back in the day, back in the day.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

there are way too much inaccuracies, so the conclusions are wrong as well. waste of time for the makers and viewers imo.

There is a grain of truth to most stories related to religions. these have, over the course of time, developed their own little idiosyncrasies.

I'm not a hugely religious person myself, but this was just crap. sorry if you found it interesting.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I didn't watch it all (well not in one sitting) because most of it I've heard before.
    One thing I've said for a long time while debating Christian creationists is that taking the Bible particularly Genesis as though it was intended literally is to call the authors shallow morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdocz
    Regardless, geologists know what a flood looks like. They have examined strata the world over for many decades and they unanimously agree that there was no one time giant flooding of earth in recent geologic periods. although there have been a great many minor floods at different times.
    It really isn't surprising that many cultures have legends of floods because many cultures first settled on the rich and fertile flood plains near great rivers.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

The thing is - it more than likely was not a huge flood of the world - just what part of the world the storytellers were in.

which is a perfectly feasible idea - remember people no doubt thought the world was a lot smaller back then.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Did anyone even get past the first bit about religion?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    Did anyone even get past the first bit about religion?

I did and I found it very eye opening. The first chapter really doesn't fit with the rest of the film, and I would be more likely to share the film with my friends if it were its own entity. Even though I am an atheist I find it profoundly rude to attempt in any way to disprove Christianity or any other religion. People are entitled to believe what they want and I doubt any short film will change there beliefs...... so why bother.

Though the authors make many assumptions, there is enough truth to make their claims plausible. If you believe any conspiracy theories or just find them interesting you should watch chapter 2 and 3.

Didn't anyone realize I never said that the entire world was covered? I never said it was the same exact thing as the bible portrayed it as....

My point was that there is historical and scientific evidence that it is very likely that the area around the Mediterranean Sea was flooded severely when it overflowed. Not only this, but that it happened around 5500 BCE - When Noah's alleged story happened. The actual story of Noah, I believe to be simply religion's way of explaining why things are. However, that does not change the fact that archaeologists have indeed uncovered evidence of flooding, in that area, in the time period the story came from. No world flooding - just flooding of the world they knew.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The thing is - it more than likely was not a huge flood of the world - just what part of the world the storytellers were in.

which is a perfectly feasible idea - remember people no doubt thought the world was a lot smaller back then.
    Exactly.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Probably "The Motorcycle Diaries", "V for Vendetta", "Cry Freedom", "The Last Zapatista" and "A Place Called Chiapas". As far as ones that are in production, "Guerrilla" and "The Argentine"...

can somebody tell me what its about before i watch it? looks v interesting

Thread Information