Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering Brett Favre

Remembering Brett Favre

I have been a Packer fan ever since I can remember and the only quarterback for the Packers I can remember is Brett Favre. I grew up during the 90's full of Favre's ups and downs never knowing what he would conjure up next. From their brief championship season with Reggie White and Sharpe, down to the last season of Favre and Driver, Favre was an icon, a symbol for the entire NFL league. He will no longer be on the field with the Packers but to every fan of the NFL, he will be in their memories and their hearts. In his later years he was heard of by many but known by few. I had the fortune of meeting him once at a press conference and I can say he never treated his fans with the attitude that the new wave of players do. He not only looked at me but listened intently with interest. That brief bond that we had, drew me into his aura and to a part of his family, a journey that he traveled not alone but with the support of the entire state of Wisconsin during some very tough times.

May we remember him not only by his achievements, but most by his leadership, on and off the field, and his unwavering compassion for his family. He was a hero to all, a legend of our generation. Many people remember Montana for his achievements during his later years, I remember Favre from day one. Cherishing the growth of this singular athlete from bud to blossom, I was their watching his historic game after the passing of his father, I was their when he led his team to victory over the Patriots in the Superbowl, and I am content with being a witness to history in the making. Here’s to you Favre, for giving me something to aspire and strive for. Titletown will not be the same without you, but thanks for (4) the memories, this touchdown is for you.

Go Pack GO.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 03-04-2008 at 10:54 PM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

The thing I remember most about him is how everyone mispronounced his French/Cajun name, to the extent that it just stuck.

Well said man. I was never a Packers fan, but I was a fan of Brett Favre. He really was a leader amongst men.

Did he die or something?

<clueless foreigner>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

He retired.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I have been a Packer fan ever since I can remember and the only quarterback for the Packers I can remember is Brett Favre.
    I'm in the exact same boat. I'm just not sure what the Packers will be like without Brett, but regardless i'll always be a packers fan. I think it really speaks to him and his character that while everyone isn't necessarily a packers fan, there really isn't anybody who hates the packers. They are just a classy organization that has only been helped by having a person like Favre around.

I can only imagine that the falcons are still kicking themselves for trading him all those years ago.

Good Luck to Brett in the future and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Did he die or something?

<clueless foreigner>
    I was thinking the same thing.

Chris Grant retired last year also
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i loved brett. not only was he a great player but he was also a helluva guy. i think he'll be pretty happy in retirement fishing and hunting all day.

i know the pack will miss him but i think aaron rodgers will do just fine.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Jesus it's not like the man croaked overnight.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I'm definitely buying his jersey as soon as possible.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Jesus it's not like the man croaked overnight.
    You've never been to Wisconsin, have you?

I am a Bears fan and let me tell you that as a football fan there is nobody more exciting to watch. As a Bears fan nobdy struck more fear into a fan base then him. He played the game the right way and was amazing at the same time. A good man that the game will sorely miss.

I always remember the story about how he had a concussion, the doctors told him he couldn't return to the game but he got up off the bench and walked over to the head coach who asked if he was ok and he nodded so he was set back onto the field. He threw a touchdown pass on the next play then returned to the sideline and the trainers forced him to sit out because he was never supposed to leave in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I have been a Packer fan ever since I can remember and the only quarterback for the Packers I can remember is Brett Favre. I grew up during the 90's full of Favre's ups and downs never knowing what he would conjure up next. From their brief championship season with Reggie White and Sharpe, down to the last season of Favre and Driver, Favre was an icon, a symbol for the entire NFL league. He will no longer be on the field with the Packers but to every fan of the NFL, he will be in their memories and their hearts. In his later years he was heard of by many but known by few. I had the fortune of meeting him once at a press conference and I can say he never treated his fans with the attitude that the new wave of players do. He not only looked at me but listened intently with interest. That brief bond that we had, drew me into his aura and to a part of his family, a journey that he traveled not alone but with the support of the entire state of Wisconsin during some very tough times.

May we remember him not only by his achievements, but most by his leadership, on and off the field, and his unwavering compassion for his family. He was a hero to all, a legend of our generation. Many people remember Montana for his achievements during his later years, I remember Favre from day one. Cherishing the growth of this singular athlete from bud to blossom, I was their watching his historic game after the passing of his father, I was their when he led his team to victory over the Patriots in the Superbowl, and I am content with being a witness to history in the making. Here’s to you Favre, for giving me something to aspire and strive for. Titletown will not be the same without you, but thanks for (4) the memories, this touchdown is for you.

Go Pack GO.
    Jeez dude, he retired, he didn't die.

But he is a legend and he had an amazing season this year . . .

. . . until the TRUE TEAM OF DESTINY sent him and the Pack packin'.

New York Giants: World Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Jeez dude, he retired, he didn't die.

But he is a legend and he had an amazing season this year . . .

. . . until the TRUE TEAM OF DESTINY sent him and the Pack packin'.

New York Giants: World Champions.
    Represent.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Ya, for a second there I thought he had died from the tone of your thread.

I'll just quote someone from another forum I go on who feels the same way I do

i hate him sooo much.

he actually seems like a good guy. but i hate hearing about him. and most importantly, i hate how all of his fans look at him like a god and would suck his d*** if they had a chance. and don't try and tell me they wouldn't.
    GO VIKINGS

Thread Information