Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi A5 (8T) 2007-2015

DAMN YOU APPLE! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Stupid, not so subtle ads...

But the car looks great

Audi A5 #7
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Audi A5 #8

Being nice since 2007.

This car is beautiful.
    My motto: Quality over quantity.

Audi A5 #9

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    DAMN YOU APPLE! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Stupid, not so subtle ads...
    What the hell are you blithering on about?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    What the hell are you blithering on about?
    See post #4 pic #4.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    See post #4 pic #4.
    Post 4 is by silverhawk, is nothing to do with Apple, or an Apple, and has no pictures attached...

Post 4 is by silverhawk, is nothing to do with Apple, or an Apple, and has no pictures attached...
    See the post which says "Audi A5 #4"

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    See the post which says "Audi A5 #4"
    Oh, lol. I wondered where I left my PowerBook.

I've always compared Apple to Audi, the style of their products is very similar. Those 'lifestyle' photos show the kind of lives these companies think that they can create, they're using those products to complement each other so that a certain "cool" factor is associated with them.

Mind you, Apple computers are shown in loads of adverts for other products and on TV programmes all the time. It was only the other day I was watching something about the standards of so-called "ethical" animal farming where the presenters were sitting in front of a MacBook Pro watching the undercover footage taken on various livestock farms.

IMO product placement is only a problem when it repeatedly smacks you in the face, such as FoMoCo products in 007 films and DaimlerChrysler vehicles in Rainbow Six Vegas (it's not realistic how practically ever car on the set is from the same company, whereas it's more realistic that the person who owns an Audi may have an Apple computer).

Oh, lol. I wondered where I left my PowerBook.

I've always compared Apple to Audi, the style of their products is very similar. Those 'lifestyle' photos show the kind of lives these companies think that they can create, they're using those products to complement each other so that a certain "cool" factor is associated with them.

Mind you, Apple computers are shown in loads of adverts for other products and on TV programmes all the time. It was only the other day I was watching something about the standards of so-called "ethical" animal farming where the presenters were sitting in front of a MacBook Pro watching the undercover footage taken on various livestock farms.

IMO product placement is only a problem when it repeatedly smacks you in the face, such as FoMoCo products in 007 films and DaimlerChrysler vehicles in Rainbow Six Vegas (it's not realistic how practically ever car on the set is from the same company, whereas it's more realistic that the person who owns an Audi may have an Apple computer).
    They're TV ads are pretty funny but get annoying after awhile, also there is this one radio ad thats really annoying and pretends to not be an ad. But otherwise it doesn't bother me, I just thought the one in the Audi pic was so obvious.

Audi A5 Sportback

Ingolstadt, 2009-06-17
    The new Audi A5 Sportback
    As elegant as a coupe, as practical as an Avant

The brand with the four rings leads the pack with a new vehicle concept: The Audi A5 Sportback combines the best of different automotive worlds. It is as emotional and elegant as a coupe, as comfortable as a sedan, and as practical as an Avant. The Sportback joins the Coupé and Cabriolet as the third member of the A5 model family – and at the same time creates a new segment. With an exciting design, great everyday utility and highly efficient and powerful TFSI, FSI and TDI engines, the A5 Sportback will arrive at Audi dealerships in September. The car will be open for ordering with an entry price of EUR 36,050 for the 2.0 TDI version. A version with an even more attractive price will follow in the middle of 2010. This will make the A5 Sportback the entry model for the A5 model range.

The A5 Sportback represents a milestone in car design. The five-door coupe excels in its elegant, elongated, sporty profile. The large hatchback fits perfectly into the tail-end styling. The spoiler lip and the diffuser insert provide contrast and emphasize the athletic tautness of the elongated contour. The coupe-like silhouette is the result of a roof section with a long, tapering roofline that is moderately lower by 36 mm (1.42 inches) than the A4 Sedan and of the short overhangs at the front and rear as well as the long wheelbase of 2,810 mm (9.22 feet) and the four frameless doors with their slim, dynamic window styling. The unusual hatchback design is distinctively emblematic of the vehicle's excellent functionality. With the Sportback, the designers of the Avant are setting trends in tail-end design while combining sportiness, comfort and utility in a completely new way.

The unique functional concept in conjunction with the emotion-packed design creates a cutting-edge mix of coupe and Avant. The baggage volume of 480 liters (17.0 cubic feet) nearly equals that of the A4 Avant, and it has an impressive 980 liters (34.6 cubic feet) with the rear seatbacks folded down.

The A5 Sportback provides a full measure of comfort on all four seats and convenient entry and exit through every door. Despite the fact that its exterior height is less than that of the A4 Sedan and that its roof tapers at the rear, the Sportback has comparable headroom and legroom.

The powerplant of the A5 Sportback is another advance along the path of innovative technologies Audi has been charting: All engines are of the direct injection type – the diesel versions are sophisticated common rail TDI units while the gasoline engines are based on the FSI concept. All engines meet the EU5 exhaust emission standard. The diesel versions are equipped with particulate filters.

Initially the A5 Sportback will be available with a choice of two gasoline and three diesel engines. The two gasoline versions, the 2.0 TFSI quattro with an output of 155 kW (211 hp) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque and the 3.2-liter V6 quattro generating 195 kW (265 hp) are both equipped with the Audi valvelift system. This feature can produce more power and higher torque as well as lower fuel consumption.

The following engines are also available right from the start: the 2.0 TDI with 125 kW (170 hp), 350 Nm (258 lb-ft), a 6-speed manual gearbox and start/stop system, the 2.7 TDI with 140 kW (190 hp) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft), and the three-liter V6 TDI with 176 kW (240 hp) plus an enormous 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of maximum torque and quattro all-wheel drive.

The newly developed ESP control with electronic differential lock on the front axle ensures noticeably improved steering response as on the Coupé and Cabriolet and compensates effectively for change-of-load reactions - which increases driving safety.

The perfect addition to this technology package is the Audi drive select dynamic driving system – this allows the driver to choose between three different modes which influences the throttle response characteristics, the shift points for the seven-speed S tronic or multitronic transmissions, and supports the servotronic steering. If the vehicle is equipped with the MMI operating system, a fourth, freely programmable level is also available.

Audi drive select can only be ordered in conjunction with one or more of three additional technologies – adaptive shock absorber control, dynamic steering with continuously variable assistance and quattro with sport differential for the 3.0 TDI and 3.2 FSI versions.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

As I already said, the Citroen GSA was the some sort of concept, and actually the Renault 16 pioneered this idea to a very large extent, although maybe less of a coupe...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    As I already said, the Citroen GSA was the some sort of concept, and actually the Renault 16 pioneered this idea to a very large extent, although maybe less of a coupe...
    I think those are more the fathers of the modern D-segment hatchbacks. This is similar but different. I guess it's more similar to the old Saabs.

As a concept I like it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think those are more the fathers of the modern D-segment hatchbacks. This is similar but different. I guess it's more similar to the old Saabs.
    Also that, but I hate the arrogant PR language where it looks like Audi has come up with something unheard of before.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information