Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo V8??

That is very true. The Audi R8 already occupies the space and if the Gallardo gets a V-8, it would cheapen the brand a lot, which could hurt it in the long run.

This move leaves me scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by chony View Post
    Maybe a new Miura test mule?
    I hope not.

They said they weren't going to make it anyway.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nope. Lamborghini announced they will not built the Miura again. The company stated they want to preserve the name.

This Gallardo, is just a bunch of poo news. Think about it fellas. Why would Lamborghini just now start developing next to the RS4? The RS4 isn't going to be around very much longer. However, the idea that Audi wants to transplant a V10 into the R8 and to do so, needs Lamborghini to bump up it's Gallardo power, seem more likely. This Gallardo appears to be more like that, esp. since it's about time it got a power increase again. Otherwise, VAG will lose Gallardo sales if they plant a V10 R8 next to it.

Besides, a V8 and V10 R8 next to a V8 and V10 Gallardo? C'mon guy. VAG's not that stupid. The R8 will easily lose sales next to a V8 Lamborghini, something that'd be a bad ordeal with the R8 being so new. And Lamborghini, can easily continue to rely on Gallardo V10 sales to keep themselves up. Putting a V8 on the market means dumping money into a waste that could potentially lose sales against a V10 R8.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Ok F1 Master, then if it wasn't a V8 Gallardo running around,what was it? I agree this doesn't mean that they will produce it but what else was the Gallardo doing?

Why are you so against it?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Back to Porsche owning Volkswagen, I got that idea from this.
    The story behind that is that Porsche upped its stake in VW to 30.9%, that forced it to submit a takeover bid, as they had gone over the 30% mark. Porsche did not want to own VW, so they put in the lowest price offer they could for the rest of the shares, and obviously other share owners would reject this. Hope that is clearer.

Back to topic, maybe it is just nothing that we're fussing over... oh well.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Basically massive overlapping ftl.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade View Post
    The story behind that is that Porsche upped its stake in VW to 30.9%, that forced it to submit a takeover bid, as they had gone over the 30% mark. Porsche did not want to own VW, so they put in the lowest price offer they could for the rest of the shares, and obviously other share owners would reject this. Hope that is clearer.

Back to topic, maybe it is just nothing that we're fussing over... oh well.
    I was hoping that Porsche bought it up.

Thanks for explaining that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Nope. Lamborghini announced they will not built the Miura again. The company stated they want to preserve the name.
    The Muira was only to show up Ferrari at whatever show it was that Lambo showed it at, as Ferrari was debuting the 599.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i'm thinking its a disguised Audi R8 something or other

I still don't understand why Porsche didn't do anything about the R8, aren't Porsche at least part time owners of audi-VW?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ok F1 Master, then if it wasn't a V8 Gallardo running around,what was it? I agree this doesn't mean that they will produce it but what else was the Gallardo doing?

A Gallardo most likely testing new power increases. This report doesn't know anything. They apparently didn't see the engine, so all they have is the word of reporters of it being quiter. Which doesn't take much to do thanks to the Gallardo's stock exhausts.

As I said above, it's more than likely the Gallardo testing its new upgrades so that the R8 can produce a V10 without competing with the Gallardo.

I'm against it because it's stupid. V8/V10 R8s/Gallardos would be the dumbest move as the V10 would compete against the V8, something VAG does not want.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Since this would make no sense at all i'm going to assume what should be obvious, its a test mule, other companies do this all the time. Take a look at honda for example, do you really believe that the next NSX will be an s2000? of course not, but people have photographed an s2000 mule at the ring, and this is probably something very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87 View Post
    Since this would make no sense at all i'm going to assume what should be obvious, its a test mule, other companies do this all the time. Take a look at honda for example, do you really believe that the next NSX will be an s2000? of course not, but people have photographed an s2000 mule at the ring, and this is probably something very similar.
    But the S2000 mules are clearly different from the road going S2000, whereas this Gallrdo seems to look exactly the same as the raod going Gallardo, excpet for the exhausts.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    I still don't understand why Porsche didn't do anything about the R8, aren't Porsche at least part time owners of audi-VW?
    I believe the R8 was too far down the pipeline for Porsche to do anything about it. Im kinda glad the R8 came along, competition is always a good thing, will force Porsche to work hard to remain at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But the S2000 mules are clearly different from the road going S2000, whereas this Gallrdo seems to look exactly the same as the raod going Gallardo, excpet for the exhausts.
    Not just the exhaust, but also the front bumper, and that many changes obviously means something important is going on, agree with you there.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    maybe it will turn into another british leyland type situation.
    autozine.org

Adding fuel to the fire?

That sounds pretty similar to the R8...

Gallardo 'V8' Lapping the 'Ring video
    Porsche!

Thread Information