Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Supra (Mark IV) 1992-2002

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    JGTC Supra #10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 03-09-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

JGTC Supra #11
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 03-09-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

JGTC Supra #12
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

JGTC Supra #13 1600x1200

The newest model supra is my favorite. 93-98 i do believe. I love thier shape, and how they drive. I own a 89 toyota supra, just after the celica supra, and just before the latest model. Its particularly boxy. I like it though. Expecially how hard first gear is, is throws you at take off, and it shifts so smooth, but so hard. Makes me smile everytime. The way the engine winds up too, ahhhh its so pleasing.

EDIT: Prolly not the right thing to be asking, but could someone help me with a slide show icon with some of these pics. And also a pic with my username on it? please.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    hang on
    the silver one in post #2 and the red one in post #4 are the same just diff colour, and whats with the intake? these have been shopped.
    The intake signifies a European Turbo version. Which is the better car, the single turbo or the twin?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

The only problem with the latest Supra is that stupid spoiler. Without it it looks great.

Castrol Supra GT 1997

FROM PLAYSTATION TO DÉGUSTATION: TOYOTA SUPRA ENTERS THE 2007 HACKETT BEAUJOLAIS RUN
    31 October 2007

The Toyota Supra takes on a new challenge this month: the ultimate Japanese GT car and icon of the Sony Playstation Gran Turismo game is swapping the racetrack and (virtual) mean streets for a fund-raising foray into rural France in the 2007 Hackett Beaujolais Run.

Team Toyota – driver Gareth Jex and navigator Phillip White – will be competing in Toyota GB’s classic Supra, finished in full Castrol racing livery. They will line up in a field of 59 distinctive, high-performance machines, departing from Goodwood race circuit on November 12. Speed is not the defining element in the challenge, however, with the ultimate winner being the team that records the lowest overall mileage. The journey to Macon, via a Champagne-sponsored stop in Reims, includes a navigation challenge with four cryptic checkpoints to locate. After the famous Beaujolais Nouveau celebrations in Beaujeu, the teams will head back to the finish at Goodwood on 16 November.

Gareth, 38, a design agency director from Farnham, and Phillip, 38, from Teddington, UK director of an international drinks firm, will be raising money for the event’s three official charities through sponsorship and advance sales of the wine. Two weeks ahead of the run they have already amassed more than £3,500.

“The Supra might not be the obvious choice for a traditional ‘booze cruise’, but it’s the perfect high-profile machine for this event,” said Gareth. “I doubt there will be a more instantly recognisable car on the run, given its worldwide fame through Gran Turismo, but there will be nothing ‘virtual’ about our efforts. We are out to win and raise as much money for charity as possible.”

The good causes benefiting from the run are: the Richard Burns Foundation, set up in memory of Britain’s former World Rally Champion to support sufferers of cancer and other serious conditions; Winston’s Wish, which works with bereaved children and their families; and the Down’s Syndrome Association.

JGTC Supra #16
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 03-09-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

JGTC Supra #17
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

JGTC Supra #18

1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Targa
    Sold For $173,600

RM | Sotheby's - AMELIA ISLAND 8 - 9 MARCH 2019 - Offered from the Youngtimer Collection
    Chassis No. JT2JA82J3R0022442

• Offered from the Youngtimer Collection
    • Less than 11,200 miles from new

Toyota’s fourth-generation Supra, known as the Mk IV, entered regular production for the 1993 model year and remained in production for the following nine years. The last examples were built in 2002 with U.S. exports ceasing in 1999. The most desirable variant was of course the Twin Turbo, which could be had in either hardtop coupe or targa body styles until 1996. Performance-wise, the Supra could more than stand up against many contemporary sports cars, boasting a 0–60 mph time of 5.6 seconds and a quarter mile time of 13.1 seconds at 109 mph. The car quickly developed a serious following with import tuners and is still considered one of the most exciting Japanese performance cars of all time.

According to the accompanying CARFAX report, this Supra Twin Turbo Targa was sold new in Illinois and remained there for at least two years, accumulating nearly 6,000 miles. It was subsequently imported to Switzerland approximately one year ago. Presently, the odometer is currently showing 11,200 miles, which is believed original. It remains in brilliant and largely original condition throughout.

As many Supras were driven hard in their early lives, finding a well-preserved and highly original example can be difficult. As a result, low-mileage examples were highly sought after and quickly earned their collectible status. With the fifth-generation Supra unveiled at this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the Mk IV has garnered plenty of attention from collectors, new and old, alike. This impeccable example should not be missed.

Thread Information