Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lexus LFA 2010-2012

And also, apart from everything that's been mentioned, brand awareness too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Now as a racer #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Now as a racer #2
    Visca Catalunya!

Lexus LF-A Gazoo Racing returns for Nürburgring 24 hour race

Lexus, in partnership with Gazoo Racing, will return to the Nürburgring 24 hour race this year (13–16 May) with production versions of the LF-A supercar.

The cars will be driven by a mix of Japanese and German drivers, including Toyota master test driver Hiromu Naruse, Takayuki Kinoshita, Akira Ida, Juichi Wakisaka, Armin Hahne, Jochen Krumbach and Andre Lotterer. The driving talent has a great mix of GT racing and proven experience at the N24.

Powered by a 552hp V10 the LF-A certainly isn’t lacking for performance. Indeed, in road-going trim Lexus claim their supercar can reach 100km/h in 3.7 seconds, and is able to exceed 200mph (320km/h+).

Last year Gazoo Racing entered two pre-production models in the 24 hour enduro. They’ll be hoping for better success in 2010 with encouraging, if not spectacular, results achieved in the 2009 race. Only one of the LF-As finished the event, placing fourth in class (from five finishers) and 14th overall, some 41 laps behind the winning Manthey Racing Porsche 911 RSR. The second LF-A managed to complete 106 laps and almost 22 and a half hours of competition before withdrawing from the event.

LEXUS LFA TO TAKE ON THE ‘RING

Lexus is heading back to the legendary Nürburgring this spring to challenge for glory in the 24 Hours endurance race with its LFA supercar.

It will be the first time the production LFA is seen in full-blooded competition, taking on one of the world’s most challenging circuits in a marathon test of speed, handling and durability. In two previous outings in the event, development versions of the LFA were raced primarily to help hone performance and handling. This time the LFA will line up as a prime challenger in standard production car guise.

It’s a formidable proposition: with its advanced, lightweight composite construction and 552bhp mid-mounted V10 engine, it will reach 62mph in just 3.7 seconds and race on to a top speed beyond 200mph.

Gazoo Racing will prepare and field the two LFA in the event, which takes place from 13 to 16 May. Led by Toyota master test driver Hiromu Naruse, the team will include four Japanese and three German drivers who between them boast outstanding GT and endurance racing experience.

Takayuki Kinoshita is a six-time winner of the Super Taikyu Endurance Series and has competed more often and finished higher (fifth overall) at the Nürburgring 24 Hours than any other Japanese driver. Akira Ida was overall winner of the Tokachi 24 Hours in 1995 and 2007, and both Juichi Wakisaka and Kazuya Oshima have recorded consistent success in Japanese Super GT 500 and GT 300 competition.

The German team members are Armin Hahne, winner of the Spa 24 Hours in 1982 and 1983; Jochen Krumbach, who finished second overall in the 2008 Nürburgring 24 Hours; and Andre Lotterer, Super GT 500 champion in 2006 and 2008.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Lexus LFA Gazoo Racing #3
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Lexus LFA Gazoo Racing #4

A paddle-box in a GT racer? Seriously?

Not unusual, especially this car came only with paddle shifter in production trim...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Lexus offers the Nürburgring package for LFA, a track- focused option for hardcore customers

Aimed at the LFA customer wishing even more track performance
    • Enhanced aerodynamic performance for increased downforce
    • Output boosted to over 570PS to maintain performance
    • Shift time reduced to just 0.15 seconds for quicker gear changes
    • Limited to just 50 units within the 500 LFA total production

In celebration of its third outing at the Nürburgring 24h race, Lexus has created the Nürburgring package for those LFA customers who prefer their car to be a little more track-focused. The standard LFA already performs very well on circuits, but to improve track driving even further, the aerodynamic performance of the LFA with Nürburgring package will be modified through revisions and additions to several key CFRP components - a larger front spoiler, fin-type side spoilers and a fixed rear wing all combine to offer improved high speed downforce. With maximum power boosted by 10PS to over 570PS, the new Nürburgring package will ensure the LFA continues to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds, and on to a maximum speed of 325 km/h, despite the additional drag that comes from increased downforce. In addition, the gear-shift time will be decreased by 0.05 seconds to only 0.15 seconds for even faster gear changes.

In terms of handling modifications, the LFA with Nürburgring package will feature a sports tuned suspension, exclusive mesh-type wheels and dedicated high-grip tyres. Available only in Matte Black, Black, White or Orange, the Nürburgring package-equipped LFA’s exterior will be complemented by a choice of three interior colour schemes - black and red, black and purple or just black. All come with a carbon fibre centre console and door trims, whilst the carbon fibre bucket seats will be trimmed in Alcantara.

Those LFA customers specifying the Nürburgring package will also be offered the chance of individual instruction on the Nordschleife by one of the Nürburgring chief instructors (should they require it), and will receive a one-year pass for Nordschleife driving.

The Nürburgring package is offered within the 500 unit production run of the LFA, and will be limited to a maximum of 50 units.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16hPBsw2Uy4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 2010 Lexus Commercial: "Pitch"[/ame]

Just saw this on TV...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

LFA 2010 Nurburgring 24 Hours
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Sad news --
    An accident, on local roads near the Nurburgring, has claimed the life of legendary Toyota chief test engineer / driver, Hiromu Naruse.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDPv52k2bzY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDPv52k2bzY[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30KOwQDctOM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30KOwQDctOM[/ame]

RIP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I am pretty sure this happened a while back:
    BREAKING: Lead Toyota Test Driver Killed In German Crash

Sad yes, but you are a bit late...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Yes, Lexus has an homage to him in one of their videos.

Sad indeed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVPabxm8CI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVPabxm8CI[/ame]

He pretty much had a hand in anything Toyota made that was interesting.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 12-08-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I am pretty sure this happened a while back:
    BREAKING: Lead Toyota Test Driver Killed In German Crash

Sad yes, but you are a bit late...
    yeah I'd missed it http://www.express.de/news/panorama/...2/-/index.html

Apologies for being late, but "better late than NEVER"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information