Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW, these Korean kids really hate japan...

whats so great about the Liancourt Rocks ????

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Of course I do. But it's idiotic to blame modern day Germany for those crimes. Countries and their politics change. I suppose we should sever our ties with England and convince our children to draw pictures of themselves deficating on the UK because they burnt our capitol down in 1812.
    Buddy, I'm not talking about the blaming. I'm talking to about whether as to teach it in schools or not. I said it should be taught in school. You then quoted me and said that it was 60 years ago. I countered "so was the holocaust but it still should be learned". Now you counter with "idiotic to blame modern day Germany for those crimes". Get your facts straight. "is idiotic to blame modern day Germany for those crimes" doesn't stop people from learning about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I don't understand what you mean by the difference between a bent truth and no truth at all. Is there no difference between a bent truth and lie?
    You stated that it is bad how the education of asian nations overdoes the atrocoties. I say that Japan and the USA does not learn it is worse. Understand?

God I can't believe I have to organize and break it down like this for soem people to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    whats so great about the Liancourt Rocks ????
    Nothing much, no resources on it or anything. STupid politics. Personally if I was the leader: why waste resources on something so resourcesless...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I would like to point out something else, d-quik.
    In the thread title: why did you write Korean with large K and japan with small j?
    It could be a sign on which side you are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    I would like to point out something else, d-quik.
    In the thread title: why did you write Korean with large K and japan with small j?
    It could be a sign on which side you are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    DAYUM you knowticed it
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

That insult's Me
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Well in these cases both parties have done things that are wrong. I don't know about this specific dispute, I'm talking generally.
    An example is the Greek-Turkey dispute. The same historic facts are interpreted differently in Greek and Turkish school books. So kids learn the version of history that benefits their country. This shows to me that kids are the victims of their nation's political will to "bash" the opponent. So kids (Korean-Greek-Turkish-whatever) have a subliminal hatred towards the other country.
    Why do we do that? Why teach hatred to our kids?

P.S. I think it is pointless to say who is to blame. IMHO. As I said above, in a dispute all parties are to blame. Lets look at the bigger picture. It would be more constructive to find out the motives for promoting hatred between Japan and Korea.

Speaking from a Chinese point of view, we are not intolerant of the mistakes they (Japan) have made during WW2: raping of women, children, torture, etc. etc.

However what's really sickening is their blatant denial to apologize for what they've done. Their current prime minister continues to deny that they've done any wrong to the people of China, Taiwan, as well as Korea.

Did you know that in their history books they minimize the discussion on WW2 and almost completely ignore their own past actions?

How can a people advance culturally, techonologically, and historically if they continue to deny FACTS?

How easy is it to forgive them when they continue to assault many Asians with their arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Well in these cases both parties have done things that are wrong.
    What have the Koreans done wrong.
    I don't know about this specific dispute
    ...clearly
    So kids (Korean-Greek-Turkish-whatever) have a subliminal hatred towards the other country.
    Why do we do that? Why teach hatred to our kids?
    As punishment? To even it up?
    P.S. I think it is pointless to say who is to blame. IMHO. As I said above, in a dispute all parties are to blame.
    What a load of bull. Of course it would be better to find out who is to blame to deliver punishment. Also, not all disputes have both sides to blame. For example, world war two was a dispute. Could you say that Great Britains was to blame for it? It would be kind of difficult now would it...
    Lets look at the bigger picture. It would be more constructive to find out the motives for promoting hatred between Japan and Korea.
    Indeed it would be constructive for you to find out more.

so thier fighting over a bunch of rocks, i use to think Koreans and Japanies people were smart

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    See this is why we should learn more of the Japanese war crimes in American schools. Considering how much students know about the German ones, they almost know nothing about the Japanese ones.
    i hear the stories out of first hand. Many family members of my mother's side died because of Japan.they were trown in camps and everything. one person in my family is also heavily mutilated. he was a sailor on a Dutch warship, led by the famous admiral Karel Doorman. when it got torpedoed he had to swim through burning oil.he stranded on a beach, and was found by other dutchies. There s also someone that got into a japanese camp, and was transported on a japanese prsoner ship.when th americans accidentally torpedoed it, it sank without a single survivor.

my grandpa is dutch and fought in defence of indonesia (it was a dutch colony before ww2), when they were captured he was sent to the river kwai and became one of the POW's who worked on the river kwai bridge and the 'death railway'. as the japanese retreated he and his brother were shipped with other pows back to japan, but the ship was sunk by US bombers en route. his brother and many other POW's died because they were below decks whereas he was trying to get some food from the kitchen. i've heard a lot from him about ww2, he still has scars from jungle ulcers etc.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    so thier fighting over a bunch of rocks, i use to think Koreans and Japanies people were smart

It has nothing to do with being smart. Couple of years ago there was a conflict between Morocco and Spain about a small secluded island called Perehill.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    What have the Koreans done wrong....clearlyAs punishment? To even it up?What a load of bull. Of course it would be better to find out who is to blame to deliver punishment. Also, not all disputes have both sides to blame. For example, world war two was a dispute. Could you say that Great Britains was to blame for it? It would be kind of difficult now would it...Indeed it would be constructive for you to find out more.
    My friend d-quik I said from the beginning that I don't know anything about the specific dispute. All my comments are theoretical and not intended to apply on this specific case. All your arguments against me are based on the assumption that I am aware of the Korea-Japan dispute (which I don't)

The failure from your part to understand this simple point leads me to believe that your reading comprehension skills are rather poor or you are self-righteous and anxious to prove your point at any cost.

Either way, you must understand that this is a forum to exchange opinions and not pick up on each other...
    Last edited by lightweight; 08-12-2005 at 05:11 AM.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    what happened in the past should remain as memories and nothing else... teaching school children to hate the japanese is just wrong... unbelievable...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Hey, just look at the avatar at the last post of the invisionfree thread. A new avatar for Karrmann/Prius!!!

EDIT: Anyway the Japanese deserves it! They conquered Korea and they conquered Malaysia for a few years!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GT2addic; 08-12-2005 at 05:59 AM.
    Pic Request: Perodua Myvi

UCP's best Table Tennis player...
    UCP's worst hockey player...

Thread Information